Weight maintenance is so much harder than it used to be!

Wow, Trade! You really did break on through to the other side!

Still holding at 1 down, 4 to go. But no dinner or luncheon dates for a couple of days so I'm back on track until Weds evening.

Staying strong when going out to eat is a serious challenge.

Wow, Trade! You really did break on through to the other side!

Still holding at 1 down, 4 to go. But no dinner or luncheon dates for a couple of days so I'm back on track until Weds evening.

Staying strong when going out to eat is a serious challenge.

I agree with you about how well Trade is doing. Really takes effort and and dedication to one's goal.

And I'm rooting for you, too, StarSong, in your venture in dieting. Five pounds is still not easy.

I agree with you about how well Trade is doing. Really takes effort and and dedication to one's goal.

I'm getting a lot of help from your mantra that you gave to me. "Hunger is your friend"

I say that to myself a lot these days. It keeps me from falling off the wagon.

In fact I'll probably be using it tonight. I finished dinner about an hour ago and I only have 100 calories left of my 2000. And it's still about 12 hours away from my morning weigh-in time.

Hunger is your friend... guess I missed that one. Will have to remember it.
Thanks for the good thoughts, Olivia. I'm determined to get back down. Gotta catch the pounds when there aren't too many of them.

WooHoo, nitpicking again - this time because I dropped the other half pound. Back to down 2, 3 to go.

The hungries started their torture around 8 p.m. last night but got shooed away by my inner mantra: "Hunger is your friend." Thanks to @Trade and @Olivia I made it through without snacking.

Dinner out tonight but this restaurant does offer lighter fare.

Yes, it does work! Otherwise hungry feelings can lead to giving in to temptations. 😦
For years now, I've not eaten after 7 pm or 7:30 pm at the latest...makes all the difference in the world as it allows your body to actually burn the carbs you've already consumed throughout the day. No weight issues. If I lose a couple pounds, eat a bit more to gain it back. If I gain a couple pounds, eat a bit less to lose it. Presto, success. No issues once your body gets adjusted to it. Good luck, guys!

Hunger is your friend... guess I missed that one. Will have to remember it.
Thanks for the good thoughts, Olivia. I'm determined to get back down. Gotta catch the pounds when there aren't too many of them.
The fewer pounds you need to lose, the longer it takes to lose them. When you have a lot to lose, most of the fast initial loss is water.

Well now.....215, up two from last weigh in

Wife made a huge apple tort
I ate a huge apple tort

'Hunger is your friend'

Gotta do that hunger game thing

I'm too heavily invested in size 38 to continue my ways

I have no wood to chop
no cabin to build
no wood to haul

Gotta go hungry

Hanging tough at 2.5 down, 2.5 to go. I'm cool with that. Just figuring my body is replacing temporary water weight loss with more permanent fat loss, and will shed the next half pound soon.

Primary motivations: Making sure my clothing fits with ease and keeping body numbers under control, and not just the ones on the scale.
Just a few pounds difference can affect my naturally excellent blood pressure (106/69 this morning), so-so glucose (100 fasting), and will hopefully improve my distressingly poor lipid numbers (193 cholesterol and 202 triglycerides, with a daily statin :eek:).

At 22.3, my BMI is just fine.

I'm typing those numbers in here to remind myself why I'm doing this.

195 this morning! I had been stuck at 196 for 10 straight mornings. However the last few days the needle was holding at just a little past 195, so I had to round it up to 196. But this morning is was smack on 195. Now we'll see if that will hold. :)

195 this morning! I had been stuck at 196 for 10 straight mornings. However the last few days the needle was holding at just a little past 195, so I had to round it up to 196. But this morning is was smack on 195. Now we'll see if that will hold. :)

That's great, Trade. You really are on your way to your goal of 190. I believe you can really make it!

Back