Weight maintenance is so much harder than it used to be!

Poverty helps!! LOL. I drink two cups of coffee per day and several glasses of plain water. I never drink soda, juice, or any kind of milk drink. It does help keep my weight down.

I finally did my scale check.
Had my Dr’s appt today.
I was 194 at home this morning before breakfast in my underwear.
Then at 1:00 pm after lunch with my street clothes on I was an even 200 on my home scale.
Then at the doctors office, again with the same clothes on, at about 2 pm, they weighed me at 198.
Then, on the way home at the grocery store I weighed 199 on their scale. Same clothes again.
Then back home at 3:45pm, again, same clothes, I was at 200 again on my home scale.
So it looks like my scale at home is a little high, which is good. I'd rather it be high than low.

I finally did my scale check.
Had my Dr’s appt today.
I was 194 at home this morning before breakfast in my underwear.
Then at 1:00 pm after lunch with my street clothes on I was an even 200 on my home scale.
Then at the doctors office, again with the same clothes on, at about 2 pm, they weighed me at 198.
Then, on the way home at the grocery store I weighed 199 on their scale. Same clothes again.
Then back home at 3:45pm, again, same clothes, I was at 200 again on my home scale.
So it looks like my scale at home is a little high, which is good. I'd rather it be high than low.
@Trade - I call that being OBSESSIVE about your weight. I weigh myself every few days (3-4), always do it in the morning and after my BM. I should only do it once a week, but can't wait that long. As you've noticed, the weight can change several lbs in just a few hours.

@Trade - I call that being OBSESSIVE about your weight. I weigh myself every few days (3-4), always do it in the morning and after my BM. I should only do it once a week, but can't wait that long. As you've noticed, the weight can change several lbs in just a few hours.

This was the check the relative accuracy of my scales at home.

However I do weigh every day.

Sometimes several times a day.

In fact, usually several times a day.

And yes, I am OBSESSIVE.

So what?

I weigh myself every morning. I don't think that's obsessive, just being real and being aware of my eating habits that may cause me to change my habits a lot more later than just a little today. I may be slim now but have gone back up several times. It's so easy to just let it go. I'm not doing that anymore.

Last edited:
This was the check the relative accuracy of my scales at home.

However I do weigh every day.

Sometimes several times a day.

In fact, usually several times a day.

And yes, I am OBSESSIVE.

So what?

I love watching repeats of the sitcom "Mike and Molly''. They're both obese. One time Mike wanted to weigh himself and took off his shirt, said just the shirt alone weighed a few pounds. LOL

I weigh myself every morning. I don't think that's obsessive, just being real and being aware of my eating habits that may cause me to change my habits a lot more later one than just a little today. I may be slim now and have gone back up several times. It's so easy to just let it go. I'm not doing that anymore.
Well, I'm just going by the conventional advice. I'm not a slave to convention, but I do take it as a guideline.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In general, you should weight yourself about once a week or every other week. If you are trying to lose weight once a week is best. If you weigh yourself too often you may be discouraged by normal fluid shifts. It is best to weigh yourself in the morning, before breakfast.

I'm never discouraged! As you said everyone for what works for them. I mean, really, I take two seconds to weigh myself every morning every and a few seconds every night as long as I don't go over 112 on my 2 foot frame, I'm okay. But I do understand your criticism as I have criticized the OMAD and restricted times of eating which I personally feel is nonsense. So I guess we're even.
LOL:p

I'm never discouraged! As you said everyone for what works for them. I mean, really, I take two seconds to weigh myself every morning every and a few seconds every night as long as I don't go over 112 on my 2 foot frame, I'm okay. But I do understand your criticism as I have criticized the OMAD and restricted times of eating which I personally feel is nonsense. So I guess we're even.
Olivia, you do know that what I posted (with all those bolded words) below the squiggly lines is the reply from Google? Oh dear, I need to add the word ''Google" next time I copy/paste something.

Well, the restricted time diet is working for "me", no other diet has and I have not stayed with any other diet as long as I have this one. I've lost 14 lbs in 14 months in spite of all my cheating, so that's not bad.

Olivia, you do know that what I posted (with all those bolded words) below the squiggly lines is the reply from Google? Oh dear, I need to add the word ''Google" next time I copy/paste something.

Well, the restricted time diet is working for "me", no other diet has and I have not stayed with any other diet as long as I have this one. I've lost 14 lbs in 14 months, so that's not bad.

That's what I said, what's work for you--if it even does. I'd like to see the proof of that. Just control what you eat, whenever or whatever has always worked for me and I can't even understand it couldn't worked for anyone else. It's biology of the human body. Put enough out for what you take in and use up the what one uses up. Otherwise, it's just not going to work over time. You lost 14 lbs over 14 months, but where are you now? And where did you get to on the OMAD diet or restricted diet and stayed that way?

I’m on a low carb restricted time diet and have lost 6 pounds in the last 5 weeks plus I’m also working out that builds muscle tone which weighs more.

As far as the ocd on the weighing regimen.
When I was more ocd and weighed myself everyday I was better able to keep track of my weight. The batteries died and since I didn’t want to know how much I weighed I didn’t get new batteries right away. Months later I was 20 plus pounds heavier.

That's what I said, what's work for you--if it even does. I'd like to see the proof of that. Just control what you eat, whenever or whatever has always worked for me and I can't even understand it couldn't worked for anyone else. It's biology of the human body. Put enough out for what you take in and use up the what one uses up. Otherwise, it's just not going to work over time. You lost 14 lbs over 14 months, but where are you now? And where did you get to on the OMAD diet or restricted diet and stayed that way?
Why would I lie? If I wanted to lie about my weight I could just say I'm perfect, without a single lb overweight and trim and fit.

I tried all kinds of diets, including counting calories and limiting calories, it didn't work for me. I don't have your willpower.

I was 164 lbs in Sept 2018, want to be 140, am 5'5'', so I lost 14 lbs since then by starting the restricted diet and have 10 lbs more to go.

I have never said or suggested you lied. Where dd you get that idea?

Okay, yes, maybe that's it....I do have will power. That is what I've got myself through to losing 20 pounds over the past time in my life. As I said, whatever work works for you. As long as it does work, That's the bottom line.

You're only 2 feet tall?

Don’t sweat it PVC. You can’t prove that nor do you have to. If you are happy with your progress then that’s all that matters. You’ve got nothing to prove to anyone.
It bothers me that she's saying it's not true the diet is working for me. Why would I admit to being overweight if I wanted to lie about my weight?

As to my progress, I would have lost my 24 lbs in 4 months if I had been loyal to the diet and not cheated so much or getting off it for days at a time. BUT, I have never been faithful to any other diet as much as I have been faithful to this one. And, I REALLY rather not lose my weight too fast anyway since I want to minimize loose skin.

I love watching repeats of the sitcom "Mike and Molly''. They're both obese. One time Mike wanted to weigh himself and took off his shirt, said just the shirt alone weighed a few pounds. LOL

Tony Soprano took his shoes and pants off.

It bothers me that she's saying it's not true the diet is working for me. Why would I admit to being overweight if I wanted to lie about my weight?

As to my progress, I would have lost my 24 lbs in 4 months if I had been loyal to the diet and not cheated so much or getting off it for days at a time. BUT, I have never been faithful to any other diet as much as I have been faithful to this one. And, I REALLY rather not lose my weight too fast anyway since I want to minimize loose skin.
But who knows why anyone says anything. Humans aren’t perfect. I say stupid stuff all the time so imagine other people do to. 😇

The point is that you've got a diet system that you say really works and has got other people into it. So, that's why I ask what is the proof? And all we've got so far is anecdotal stories. There is no question that calories in subtracted by more calories out is going to get you to lose more weight.

That is not something that can be disputed. Just because those same calories are eaten in another restricted part of the day is still calories taken in. Unless you use the rest of the day to use up those calories in some way such as working out or some other activity, that is not going to change the amount of calories you've eaten that day, unless you're using up some of those calories in activities I haven't seen any scientific study that says the opposite. I don't care what anyone chooses for themselves, but what anyone suggests for themselves with may be truly unhealthy for any particular individual, please be careful about it.

Last edited:

Back