Weight maintenance is so much harder than it used to be!

200 again. That's 7 straight days at this weight. This 2000 calories a day doesn't seem to be working anymore. Although overall I'm down 10 lbs after 50 days. One things for sure. I'm not losing it too fast.

Poor Andy needs a little fashion advice!

andy9_0.jpg

I have to admit back about 10 years ago when I had ballooned out to 230 lbs. I could not bring myself to admit that I needed to go to 42 pants. So I bought 40's with elastic waistbands and squeezed into them. .

200 again. That's 7 straight days at this weight. This 2000 calories a day doesn't seem to be working anymore. Although overall I'm down 10 lbs after 50 days. One things for sure. I'm not losing it too fast.

Oddly enough I've had some luck in the past rebooting my metabolism by going off my diet for a weekend or so and then getting back on it. Maybe you should try a cheat weekend? You may go up a pound or two right away, but it might get your system back into fat burning mode for a while. Or you could try dropping down to the 1700/1800 cal range.

Oddly enough I've had some luck in the past rebooting my metabolism by going off my diet for a weekend or so and then getting back on it. Maybe you should try a cheat weekend? You may go up a pound or two right away, but it might get your system back into fat burning mode for a while. Or you could try dropping down to the 1700/1800 cal range.

I posted an article on that earlier in this thread.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2...a-break-from-your-diet-study-says_a_23215778/
And I'm considering it. My only fear is that if I go off of this diet I may not be able to get back on. I have started many diets in my life that only lasted a couple of days before I went off the wagon. Those first few days are always the hardest for me.

I have to admit back about 10 years ago when I had ballooned out to 230 lbs. I could not bring myself to admit that I needed to go to 42 pants. So I bought 40's with elastic waistbands and squeezed into them
Back in my exec days, I grew into the high forties pants
Got up to 265
Heh, my only exercise was golfing
That's akin to chopping cedar kindling on a short walk
Got me some 'expandomatic' slacks
They covered my gut, but stayed away from full length mirror side profiles

Weighed in at 212 again
Have yet to poop, however

I posted an article on that earlier in this thread.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2...a-break-from-your-diet-study-says_a_23215778/
And I'm considering it. My only fear is that if I go off of this diet I may not be able to get back on. I have started many diets in my life that only lasted a couple of days before I went off the wagon. Those first few days are always the hardest for me.

If you think you'll have trouble getting back on the diet then maybe a drop in cals for a week to see what happens would be best? My whole life has been a roller coaster of diets and no diets. It sucks because if I eat when I feel hungry I gain weight, so I walk around hungry most days.

It takes more calories to keep a heavier body going than it does a lighter one.

When I dropped 30 pounds, I kept adjusting my calorie intake down to account for that ...well truth be told the app I use did it for me lol. But still I knew it needed to be done.

At 175 pounds I was consuming around 1700 Cals. At 145 pounds I was consuming 1540 cals ... maintenance level. To lose more meant a further calorie reduction and I wasn’t entirely comfortable with that.

Maybe drop your calorie input by 100 @Trade and see what happens? Either that or up your exercise to burn an additional 100.

It takes more calories to keep a heavier body going than it does a lighter one.

When I dropped 30 pounds, I kept adjusting my calorie intake down to account for that ...well truth be told the app I use did it for me lol. But still I knew it needed to be done.

At 175 pounds I was consuming around 1700 Cals. At 145 pounds I was consuming 1540 cals ... maintenance level. To lose more meant a further calorie reduction and I wasn’t entirely comfortable with that.

Maybe drop your calorie input by 100 @Trade and see what happens? Either that or up your exercise to burn an additional 100.

I appreciate that you are trying to help Ronni, however.............

age and gravity has taken it's toll and worn me down.
Well, from the dead lift vid, yer a lanky 5' 11"
Somewhat lagomorphic..athletic
I'll never arm wrestle you...you got leverage

I'm a squat 5' 10", but appear to be more like 5' 8" or less

More a fire plug than anything
woodsman 2.jpg

woodsman.jpg

I’m also shorter than I once was. Now I’m not quite 5’7”.

Men and woman differ in how they hold and carry excess weight. Apparently men don’t get cellulite in their fat like women do. Luckily guys.

When women lose weight their skin can get wrinkly and saggy in places like the very upper arms and belly.

Do men get this also or are we just the unlucky gender? 😆

For women who do get this, what do you use to help firm this skin up if anything?

Well it’s not ‘all’ you have. You’ve got quite a bit of muscle tone. Actually your arms don’t look too bad Gary. I’m glad you guys get wrinkly skin like we do otherwise I’d have to whine and complain. 😫lol

Thanks Gary. Do you have any skin toning tips or skin lotion ideas for stretched skin?🤔 😂

200 again this morning.

That's 9 straight days.

Reminds me of the name of our 6th grade softball team. The Unholy 9.

It was Wilbur Hunners that came up with that name. And it was a good one.

I made the team as pitcher. I had taught myself to throw a pretty decent underhand fast ball by practicing for hours on end in my back yard throwing the ball up against the concrete block wall of our house. My inspiration had been Herb Dudley of the Clearwater Bombers. Back in the day The Clearwater Bombers had one of the best amateur fast pitch softball teams in the world. And Herb Dudley was probably the greatest fast pitch softball pitcher ever. He was to softball what Sandy Koufax was to baseball. The dude could fire a softball 100 miles an hour underhanded

https://www.tbnweekly.com/clearwater_beacon/article_d52101ef-8b66-57ca-8cf4-cc119a3387e4.html
But I digress.

As for making 200 this morning it was nip and tuck for a while. At 6pm right after finishing dinner I tipped the scales at 204 and with only 11 and 1/2 hours to go till my official 5:30 am weigh in I feared I was going to relapse and go up in weight. My mind started to go to dark places. I normally weigh in wearing what I do to bed. Lightweight gym shorts and a tank top. But I started thinking that if worse came to worse and I came in a pound over I might just strip down to nothing in order to avoid the embarrassment of having to report in at 201.

I went to bed at 202 and 1/2. And when I got up at 2 am to go to the bathroom I weighed 201 after emptying my bladder. Three and 1/2 hours and one pound to go! There was hope. Then at 5:30 am I once again gave it my all to empty my bladder to the maximum extent possible and stepped on the scale. The neddle stopped smack dab on 200! I had made it without stripping down!

Last edited:
And Herb Dudley was probably the greatest fast pitch softball pitcher ever
We had Eddie Feigner up here
'The King and His Court'
Quite the showman

my official 5:30 am weigh in

Yeah, I weigh in of a morning around the same time
Not counting calories.....yet
Just eating less. Half meals
And I'll grab a snack (fruit or popcorn) between the two meals (hate the hungries)

At 6pm right after finishing dinner I tipped the scales at 204

That'd piss me off
Think I'd play hand ball all day if it remained at weigh in

My question to all is how have you maintained an acceptable weight? Are you walking, going to the gym, lifting, doing Pilates, what? I have to change something because what has worked for me this last 4 years is no longer as effective.

What's worked for you?

Doing gym activities(cardio, weights etc) is very important, particularly if you are committed to losing weight. Note: don't think you can pig-out and then burn it off at the gym...it doesn't work that way, especially those over age 17.
But whether losing weight or maintaining weight, what works for ME is:
1.Portion control Eating portions of food that are realistic for your desired weight.
2. Limiting sugar, fat and salt. You can have some, just keep tabs on how much you're eating.
3. Journaling I should have put this first, because keeping record of what foods and what amounts is an organized approach that goes a long way to insure success.
I "journel" my diet and exercise with a phone app called MyFitnessPal. I have had very good results, have lost 48+ pounds in the past year. Slow and easy, about a half pound a week is not too hard to do, and a slow weight loss is more likely to become a habit that is less likely to back-slide from.

Back