Weight maintenance is so much harder than it used to be!

This is a very interesting process, Trade. I'm eager to see what happens when your calorie intake drops back down.

Me too. It's an experiment.

Now that I think about it, in order to make this a valid one I'm going to have to drop down to 2000 calories a day, the same amount I was eating when I was dieting and not 1800. That way if I do manage to break on through to the other side of 2000 I can say it was because of taking a break, and not because of going to a lower calories count.

Completed day 13 at 2400 calories. Weighed in at 201 lbs. Didn't have a decent poop yesterday. Can't help but think that maybe if I had, I might have hit an even 200. But no way of knowing for sure.

Today will be the last day of my diet break.

Completed day 13 at 2400 calories. Weighed in at 201 lbs. Didn't have a decent poop yesterday. Can't help but think that maybe if I had, I might have hit an even 200. But no way of knowing for sure.

Today will be the last day of my diet break.
Hey....we want more poop details. color...shape...consistency....odor.....😆

Hey....we want more poop details. color...shape...consistency....odor.....😆

Funny you should ask. The peristalsis came through for me this morning to make up for getting skunked yesterday. I tell you what, you crank out a load like that and you really feel like you've done something! I was so proud of it that for a moment I considered taking a photo of it and posting it. But decided against it.

Last edited:
I had a co-worker; she was 24. 5'2" & thin, maybe 90 lbs. She told us she had to shop for her jeans in the children's section.
We had a Christmas party at a buffet in a fancy hotel nearby. She sat next to me. I was thinking, "A buffet is a waste for her; with a stomach that small, she can't eat much." After TWO trips with salad, she make THREE trips with roast beef, potatoes, then she had THREE desserts. I could barely eat one plate full. (I'm 5'11" 170). She out ate several guys that weighed at least 250 lbs.
I asked her, "How can you eat that much; where's it all going?" She said, "I really don't know; I'm always hungry."

I knew a guy like that, my handyman. One time I put my hand on his back and could feel his ribs. He said he always ate a lot but had high metabolism.

Still @ 6 pounds lost but I’m not complaining.
I’m still doing my morning brisk walks but haven’t kept up my bike riding. My bike needs a seat cover.
One thing I’ve noticed is that I’m not quite as flexible with this added weight. Today I’m going to spend extra time being consciously active.

WTF!?

2000 calories yesterday.

200 lbs. again this morning.

This time I thought I had it made.

At about midnight I weighed myself and I was at 200.

Then I went to sleep, got up at about 5:30 am, took a nice long whizz and got on the scale fully expected to be down the usual 1-2 lbs that I would be after sleeping for 5 and 1/2 hours. But to my dismay, the needle pegged right on 200 again!:mad:

Then after breakfast this morning I weighed in again. Normally I would be up 2 or sometimes even 3 lbs. after breakfast. But today I only went up to 201. Then I took a nice big number two and I'm down to 200. I think the springs in my scale must have taken some kind of a set to them at the 200 point.

2000 calories, 200 lbs. Again.

Oh well, I'll look on the bright side.

I'm at a BMI of 28 which is a full 15 lbs. under the obesity threshold for my height. My size 38 pants fit nice and loose.

And studies have shown that for older people the ideal BMI is more like 27.5. Which I am very close to.:)

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/03/26/bmi-older-adults-_n_5037122.html

A new study suggests that current body mass index (BMI) recommendations may be unsuitable for older adults.

Caryl Nowson, a professor of nutrition and aging at Deakin University, led a research team that examined the relationship between BMI and risk of death in people 65 and older. The findings indicated the lowest risk was among those with a BMI of about 27.5, which is considered overweight by the World Health Organization. Mortality was said to increase "significantly" among those with a BMI between 22 and 23, the normal weight range.

"It is time to reassess the healthy weight guidelines for older people," Professor Nowson said. "Our results showed that those over the age of 65 with a BMI of between 23 and 33 lived longer, indicating that the ideal body weight for older people is significantly higher than the recommended 18.5-25 'normal' healthy weight range."

Back