Welcome To Coffee Corner

This week I'll be camping in the Oregon Dunes area near Reedsport. Since 'cowboy' coffee has become my new brew of choice & in my estimation, I have become somewhat of a legend in my own mind. Step 2 can be elminated (boiling an extra minute). The campground's elevation is 70 feet. I will now be able to make 2 20oz cups without fear of having it boil over. For camping I found that evaporated milk is just the ticket. Until opened it doesn't need refrigeration. There is a metal cap available that looks like an iron maiden device, Saran wrap & rubber band will have to do for now.
can cover.jpg

16694199._SX540_.jpg

I couldn't figure out what the picture was about until it hit me. You puncture the can with it. The top of the can. Not the bottom. :confused:
Right, my daughter just informed me that I can get a tight fitting plastic lid in the pet section since I used a church key on my last camping trip. I remember the prongs were always encrusted with dried milk making them somewhat disgusting. Off to Walmart!

Bought one for $.98 it does have a raised imprint of a 'kitty' might be tough to live that down if I run into any mountain men.

I enjoyed this video, fun to watch, the artist was great- didn't they say he worked for Mad magazine? Just the right pinch of Piaf in the background.

Not that I'll ever travel abroad, but it's sad that these cafes have been closing.

Have any of you ever brewed the 'perfect' cup of coffee?

Every once in a while you will get one that is just perfect.

I have tried every appliance contrived and there are plenty.

Me too, Camper. Guess my favorite cups have been made in a French press, but a pain to clean. Have you tried this one yet? Great cup of coffee, got it at Target but it's at Amazon, about $30.00.

aeropress.jpeg https://duckduckgo.com/?q=aeropress&t=ffab&atb=v66-2&ia=products

Back