What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our first day of Freedom...Many Lockdown restrictions lifted..It snowed this morning but it's a glorious sunny day now, and eerily quiet, obviously everyone has gone shopping, or to salons,or restaurants.. or wherever is now open...and of course the children returned to school today

Our car washes have all been closed so I was more determined to go and get my car cleaned than thinking of shopping etc.. but I'm not feeling the greatest today, so rather than cope with crowds everywhere I've decided to wait until I'm feeling a little bit better...

I'm sure the Salons' phones will be ringing off the hook, so I'll give that a week to calm down before I try for a hair and nail appointment..

I did get some good financial news today about my upcoming retirement pension, so I'm chuffed about that...:giggle:

Just mowed the lawn yesterday and this morning I saw this guy in my yard. Around Apr-May I'm concerned my lawn tractor might hit them when I mow the lawn. I wonder if there are turtle nests around here. Last yr I saw a few with different sizes in my yard and driveway. This one is about the size of orange or grapefruit.
View attachment 159262
That looks like a Box Tortoise to me and they are one of my favorite animals to see in our backyard even though they feast on my few strawberries and various mushrooms that grow in our wooded area. They are reputed to live for a long time and the one in your photo might be quite old judging from its size.

Some of the mushrooms they eat are poisonous as people who have decide to eat these gentle creatures have found out the hard way.

None of my dogs have never shown the slightest bit of interest in them.

Today I was talking to neighbours over the fence, when their son arrived with his wife and two daughters and little boy ( a friend of the two girls).
All the kids were playing away happily when the girls who had tied the boy to a tree started singing into his face.

Bobby's got a bunnion
and a face like a pickled onion
and a nose like a squashed tomatoe
and feet like salt fish.

Then they started giggling, until their Dad, seeing that the boy wasn't happy, went over and released him.

Cruel perhaps?

Well I was stunned, because when I was about five, my Mum and Dad took me on the boat to Ireland to visit Dad's Mammy.

While we were there, Grannie, told me to go out and play with the kids in the lane.

Here's the spooky part.

There were two girls about three years older than me playing with skipping ropes.
They saw me and asked me what my name was.
I told them that my name was Tim.
They sort of circled round me, then asked me if I wanted to play a game, I told them,"Yes."
"We need to tie you to this drainpipe", the taller girl said.

I told you it was spooky, those girls started singing that very song into my face.

Timmy's got a bunnion
and a nose like a pickled onion
and feet like saltfish.

All those years had passed without me hearing that song again, only for it to happen again with another set of kids, virtually on my doorstep.

Definitely spooky. :)

Last edited:
Today I was talking to neighbours over the fence, when their son arrived with his wife and two daughters and little boy ( a friend of the two girls).
All the kids were playing away happily when the girls who had tied the boy to a tree started singing into his face.

Bobby's got a bunnion
and a face like a pickled onion
and feet like salt fish.

Then they started giggling, until their Dad, seeing that the boy wasn't happy, went over and released him.

Cruel perhaps?

Well I was stunned, because when I was about five, my Mum and Dad took me on the boat to Ireland to visit Dad's Mammy.

While we were there, Grannie, told me to go out and play with the kids in the lane.

Here's the spooky part.

There were two girls about three years older than me playing with skipping ropes.
They saw me and asked me what my name was.
I told them that my name was Tim.
They sort of circled round me, then asked me if I wanted to play a game, I told them,"Yes."
"We need to tie you to this drainpipe", the taller girl said.

I told you it was spooky, those girls started singing that very song into my face.

Timmy's got a bunnion
and a nose like a pickled onion
and feet like saltfish.

All those years had passed without me hearing that song again, only for it to happen again with another set of kids, virtually on my doorstep.

Definitely spooky. :)
Children can be cruel :( It's important for parents to teach them kindness.

Got scam call from someone pretending to be Amazon, hung up when they could not tell me why i didn’t not receive a two verify text from them aned they asked what device I used to order on 🤦🏻‍♀️. Called Amazon, yup, scam. They said someone had used my account in OHIO. It had not been used.

Changed my password, again.

Taking oldest son out to lunch for his birthday and taking youngest son along. Hopefully oldest sons GF can come as well. First time we have all been out together since the virus started, so over a year. Olive Garden here we come 😂.

Then usual stuff, and working on the garden, and picking up some river rocks. I am so busy the last couple months no time to play my computer game and can barely keep up with my tv watching 😂.

@Keesha .. Will you be leaving tomorrow? I wish you a safe journey, and am very excited for you.

Been there/done that, many times. A fresh start, somewhere new :)
No. Our movers are moving most of our stuff and later on we are going on our own but we aren’t allowed to stop in certain areas due to rules and regulations. Once at our new home we have to quarantine for two weeks. Fortunately we have people who are offering to shop for us and help in any way they can which is pretty sweet. Can’t wait to leave. It’s sort of bittersweet.

Thank you Pinky.

Bright and early I went up in the attic and brought down a kerosene space heater and a flat-top trunk. Right now I don't know how I managed that - very heavy and clumsy items for an old lady to maneuver. There is still a 5'8" tall, 2' wide, 3/8" thick dressing mirror that is up there. I am terrified by thinking of moving it. I can barely lift it, it probably weights near 60 pounds and no place to get a good grip on it. A disaster waiting to happen. All I have to do is slip on the enamel painted attic stairs, lose my grip and then fall on the broken glass. Any suggestions on how to get that unwieldy item down?

kerosun1.jpgtrunk1.jpg

Bright and early I went up in the attic and brought down a kerosene space heater and a flat-top trunk. Right now I don't know how I managed that - very heavy and clumsy items for an old lady to maneuver. There is still a 5'8" tall, 2' wide, 3/8" thick dressing mirror that is up there. I am terrified by thinking of moving it. I can barely lift it, it probably weights near 60 pounds and no place to get a good grip on it. A disaster waiting to happen. All I have to do is slip on the enamel painted attic stairs, lose my grip and then fall on the broken glass. Any suggestions on how to get that unwieldy item down?

View attachment 159520View attachment 159521

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back