What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had coffee and a long conversation with my lovely wife, fixed breakfast, and took my morning walk. We are staying home today, but we did go for an outdoor lunch yesterday.

Today is my scheduled "check batteries day" and if I don't do it on a regular basis, we will nearly always ruin a good flashlight or something. It is also my turn to wash sheets. Later I will grill some steaks. Overall. not a very demanding day.

Battled baffling battery bugs. After having a battery drain, swapping batteries, testing different leads and trying different chargers, I managed to trace the problem to a Battery Tender charging cable with a bad fuse. The fuse didn't look bad (i.e., link looked intact) but it was.

may8_2021_gs-battery.jpg
I love trouble shooting. Solving the trouble is something else all together. :rolleyes:

Trying to go slow and easy (something I do best . . . ) on the moving out. Talked to the guy bringing a dumpster about bringing a larger size :oops: and he will be here even earlier tomorrow morning than previously arranged. Whew. With everything set to throw out I've been worrying about having too much for the smaller size.
So, taking another underserved break.:cool:

I had coffee and a long conversation with my lovely wife, fixed breakfast, and took my morning walk. We are staying home today, but we did go for an outdoor lunch yesterday.

Today is my scheduled "check batteries day" and if I don't do it on a regular basis, we will nearly always ruin a good flashlight or something. It is also my turn to wash sheets. Later I will grill some steaks. Overall. not a very demanding day.
what time is dinner? 😁

we're still not permitted anyone outside of our home..to come inside our homes...

Up to 6 people can meet but only outdoors
We are still on lockdown here and no one allow inside and restaurants only have take out. No school for kids and I would suspect not for the rest of the school year. Our lockdown is supposed to end May 20th but it would be a foolish move to remove it at this time (IMHO). I really miss the fact that there is no hugging and I am not a very hugging person but I have to say that when I can, I will hug anymore who wants one!

We are still on lockdown here and no one allow inside and restaurants only have take out. No school for kids and I would suspect not for the rest of the school year. Our lockdown is supposed to end May 20th but it would be a foolish move to remove it at this time (IMHO). I really miss the fact that there is no hugging and I am not a very hugging person but I have to say that when I can, I will hug anymore who wants one!
No we're not permitted inside restaurants or pubs yet either.. not until May 17th at the earliest. We have to be served outside.. in gardens or outdoor spaces .

Last edited:
Just came home from a motorcycle ride and then finished putting everything in the pot for tonight's dinner of Beef Tavernaise (i.e., a recipe of mine that I gave a pretentious name). It's really just a tavern roast, pressure cooked in a french onion soup base with added diced onions, sliced mushrooms, garlic, pieces from 3 slices of bacon and several dashes of worcestershire sauce. The meat really doesn't matter (e.g., sirloin, round, chuck, stew meat, whatever) since pressure cooking makes it practically melt in your mouth. Since I never measure anything carefully, each time I fix it is a bit of a surprise.

Yesterday,I gave my next door neighbor,Pat a hug for the 1st time in over a yr.She's fully vaccinated as I am.She told me it was 'a wonderful mother's day gift'
This morning,the birdies woke me up around 5:30,went back to sleep for 45 min
On my early walk around 6:50,sun was out,no wind,was refreshing even though it was a tad nippy 45.As usual,every Mon morning,I'll be calling Canopy of Neighbors members to see how they are doing.Afterwards,plan to take bus go to Party City,need to buy birthdays cards,then walk over to Target
This afternoon,hope to get in a walk if I don't get sidetracked doing something else,which seems to happen lately

Raining, of course, cause I throughly watered everything yesterday. Put the last pot on the front yard and the front yard, with only one garden space will be so much easier to take care of and more cost effective using less water.

Early tomorrow I have my nuclear heart scan. I am so upset that I have to have it since I had one a year and four months ago and you usually only get one every five years. I worry that the orthopedic doc will use it as an excuse not to replace my hip.

The cardiologist I saw talked about how he had to do the test cause he would get in trouble if he didn’t and I had a heart issue/heart attack during or shortly after surgery. He carried on and on. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Seemed like the appointment was more about him and his “stats” than me. What happened to the patient gets to make their own decision?

Now it’s what makes the doctor look best, and keeps his “stats” up. Ok, venting, but I’ve had to get my A1C down, have a biopsy for cancer, have oral surgery with two teeth and a piece of bone removed; so if I can’t get this surgery because of my stupid heart issues I will be vivid. Also I can’t have any caffeine today and can’t eat my Mother’s Day box of sees candy my son’s other got me. 😧 Ugh, just ugh.

What am I doing today venting, I am VENTING. ☹️

Raining, of course, cause I throughly watered everything yesterday. Put the last pot on the front yard and the front yard, with only one garden space will be so much easier to take care of and more cost effective using less water.

Early tomorrow I have my nuclear heart scan. I am so upset that I have to have it since I had one a year and four months ago and you usually only get one every five years. I worry that the orthopedic doc will use it as an excuse not to replace my hip.

The cardiologist I saw talked about how he had to do the test cause he would get in trouble if he didn’t and I had a heart issue/heart attack during or shortly after surgery. He carried on and on. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Seemed like the appointment was more about him and his “stats” than me. What happened to the patient gets to make their own decision?

Now it’s what makes the doctor look best, and keeps his “stats” up. Ok, venting, but I’ve had to get my A1C down, have a biopsy for cancer, have oral surgery with two teeth and a piece of bone removed; so if I can’t get this surgery because of my stupid heart issues I will be vivid. Also I can’t have any caffeine today and can’t eat my Mother’s Day box of sees candy my son’s other got me. 😧 Ugh, just ugh.

What am I doing today venting, I am VENTING. ☹️
Sorry to hear all this Aneeda.......when it rains it pours......hope things get better for you soon.

I brought down about 20 reams (some have many more sheets than that) of packs of paper from from the attic. They are from a local paper mill that went OOB in 1971 (50 years this year). My dad worked there and got free samples as did other employees. After being in the attic for 50 years, they aren't in the best condition. Some packs busted open when I tried to carry them.

WESTVACO paper.jpg

Walked the dogs first9756CF46-E0B2-4783-A099-AEBF002C8BEC.jpegVacuumed the upstairs with central vac. Love that thing. Washed my floors & did laundry...
Went with my husband to get our trailer inspected and the guy inspecting had no mask on. My husband kept his distance and I stayed in the car. Then groceries and home to tend the garden. While at a home hardware store, I inquired about an unusual solar light garden accessory that I didn’t see a price on and got it for $15 off from the store owner so I’m feeling rather ‘special’ now. 😅🥰 Lol. It’s super cute.FC4D5C4A-6523-42D1-9FA3-BAFB538A8A41.jpeg

Beach findings
1316FE2B-05A0-402C-ADFB-C311E72EAE6C.jpeg417B727A-6D3A-4F71-B7CF-7825A235E5B8.jpeg

Last edited:
Appears that I will be visiting the grocery store. This morning while making breakfast I used the last dab of butter in the house. Checked the kitchen freezer and the one in the garage which is where my stashes of golden goodness are usually kept and found nothing. How did I let this happen? I never run out of butter:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back