What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my nuclear heart scan done, I am not glowing so I must be fine. This one was exceptionally painful and, like a baby, at the very end I started yelling telling them Iā€™d had enough and let me out. Course they wouldnā€™t and tears started rolling down my face; it hurt so much.

I never cry, so I wouldnā€™t call it crying, but just my bodiesā€˜ response to extreme pain. The test always makes my stomach hurt really bad; exceptionally so this time. Not agreeing to have it again-ever. Anyway, stomach still hurts but I lived through it.

Waiting for results.
In an attempt to make you feel better about your test, Imagine having a nuclear scan done and then the attending radiologist sees something he/she doesn't understand, says "What the . . . . !, leaves you on the table having to pee real bad and wondering what horrible thing you have, calls in another doctor, then repeats the scan and then repeats the scan for a third doctor. As all this is happening you wonder if you'll leave the hospital alive. As it turned out, there was nothing wrong, just an internal configuration that 2/3 of the docs on staff had never seen before.

Last edited:
Around Christmas time we had a whole box of expensive wines taken off our doorstep by a Porch thief...and fortunately our Video ring doorbell caught it all, and we reported it to the police.

They caught the perp very quickly, apparently already known to them...

Today we were told by the police that the thief will appear in court next week.. for his first appearance.. ( I don't quite know what that means ).. but anyway we have no need to appear , thank goodness.. I suspect the video of him taking it will be enough for the police to show the court...

Puttering!

Ran the vacuum cleaner, emptied it, made a mess, cleaned it up!

Took out the trash and recyclables.

Checked the mail for the first time in a week. I really enjoy the USPS Informed Delivery service that sends me an email every morning detailing what to expect in the day's mail.

Replaced the NYS registration sticker on my windshield. Why can't the automakers and the states come up with an easier way to display these stickers?

Ran out of bottled mayonnaise so I made a jar of immersion blender mayonnaise. I'm never sure how long to keep this fresh mayonnaise. I usually use it within three days. I've read that it should be good up until the expiration date of the raw egg. I think I'll experiment a little with this batch and see how long it stays fresh.

I need to dust my sitting room and move some furniture so I can straighten the rug. Also looking at ways to conceal the power cords.

Just another ho-hum day in paradise! šŸ˜Š

In an attempt to make you feel better about your test, Imagine having a nuclear scan done and then the attending radiologist sees something he/she doesn't understand, says "What the . . . . !, leaves you on the table have to pee real bad and wondering what horrible thing you have, calls in another doctor, then repeats the scan and then repeats the scan for a third doctor. As all this is happening you wonder if you'll leave the hospital alive. As it turned out, there was nothing wrong, just an internal configuration that 2/3 of the docs on staff had never seen before.
I donā€™t have to imagine such an issue, I was born with a pelvic kidney. Try convincing a stupid doctor that your kidney is not in your back. As in, with his hand on my shoulder, ā€œNo dear, your kidney is in your back.ā€ šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø Read the file, dear, read the file. šŸ˜”

Aneeda 72,I hope you are feeling better today
An update on my previous post,I found a mattress and it will delivered tomorrow.I'm getting an automated call tonight from 6-8pm, to give me the 3 hr window when it will be delivered,for extra $20 they are taking my old one
This afternoon took a stroll over to my close friends,Marcia&Dave's house,he was at work,she was home.I gave her article from today's NYT.I looked at my 'buddy boy' who ears perked up when I said'want to go for a walk',we went a couple of blocks,he was content sniffing grass/some flowers.Its been a beautiful day here

Great day here, made a trip to town to get a few things before the long weekend. Surprised to find large crowds all over the place, roads busy. I was not going to play in those crowds from the big cities around here. I did manage to get what I was after
at a small shop I frequent and headed home.
This is a lock down????o_O:poop::devilish:

Trying to go slow and easy (something I do best . . . ) on the moving out. Talked to the guy bringing a dumpster about bringing a larger size :oops: and he will be here even earlier tomorrow morning than previously arranged. Whew. With everything set to throw out I've been worrying about having too much for the smaller size.
So, taking another underserved break.:cool:
Where are you going?
Moving to?

It looks gloomy and gray outside today, so I will be staying in. I have a paperwork to do. One for myself for hiring an aide to help me. And the other is my son's re-certification for SNAP. Have to get them both done today and mailed.
The aide finding, exactly what I need!
I would love to know your outcome and the hows to complete this most needed help.
Lately I have been in need of my daughter to help, yet too busy.
Your post brought s gleem to my lockdown isolation.
I hope you will reply for I have this issue of keeping up with things I never had to consider till now.
Thank you in advance

The aide finding, exactly what I need!
I would love to know your outcome and the hows to complete this most needed help.
Lately I have been in need of my daughter to help, yet too busy.
Your post brought s gleem to my lockdown isolation.
I hope you will reply for I have this issue of keeping up with things I never had to consider till now.
Thank you in advance
As soon as I finish my paperwork, my aide can start for 4 hours a week. Doing housecleaning, laundry, errands, shopping, etc. whatever I need done. The aides will even prepare meals for you if needed. My apartment is small so that is why I get only 4 hours but it is enough for me.

What you need to do is to contact your local office of the aging (it may be called something else, I am in NY) and ask about getting help. Here is the link to the one in the state of Maine, Office of Aging and Disability and the contact numbers should be there. Now here in NY help is available even if you are not on a low income, it just comes through a different agency. Do not feel about bad about asking for the help, they really want to help you stay in your own home. Good luck and if you have any more questions, just ask me.

In an attempt to make you feel better about your test, Imagine having a nuclear scan done and then the attending radiologist sees something he/she doesn't understand, says "What the . . . . !, leaves you on the table having to pee real bad and wondering what horrible thing you have, calls in another doctor, then repeats the scan and then repeats the scan for a third doctor. As all this is happening you wonder if you'll leave the hospital alive. As it turned out, there was nothing wrong, just an internal configuration that 2/3 of the docs on staff had never seen before.
OMG, I'd freak out for sure!

Got my nuclear heart scan done, I am not glowing so I must be fine. This one was exceptionally painful and, like a baby, at the very end I started yelling telling them Iā€™d had enough and let me out. Course they wouldnā€™t and tears started rolling down my face; it hurt so much.

I never cry, so I wouldnā€™t call it crying, but just my bodiesā€˜ response to extreme pain. The test always makes my stomach hurt really bad; exceptionally so this time. Not agreeing to have it again-ever. Anyway, stomach still hurts but I lived through it.

Waiting for results.
I hope you have good results and don't have to have another one ever.

I put the rug for sale on FB Marketplace and I thought my message box would be flooded with people wanting to buy it. Not one response except one person that said they could get a new undamaged one for what I'm asking for an old, dusty, falling-apart dumpster filler. Why do people do that? If they do want it, just move on.
That is fakebook for you. I have sold stuff there but had people contact me telling me they could buy what I was selling cheaper on ebay or Amazon. I told them to go buy it there.

Going crazy.šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

I missed the call from my doctor about my results last night because I was dealing with an issue with my husband. His latest game is to pretend he canā€™t understand the simplest instructions. In fact, some things I just write down for him, apparently he can still read.

Anyway, I will have to call for the results as they are still not on my health. I have to go to the hospital to see the eye doctor today and will go get a copy of the scan results. Last night my vision in one eye got extremely blurry and then it started to fade away. It was odd and hard to explain. Plus it hurts.

Called the doc and he will see me first thing this morning. My vision has returned in that eye this morning, doc said it probably would, but it still hurts.

I went on my early morning walks around 6:50,sun was up,saw couple people running,walking their dogs,no wind was refreshing temp was 55
When I stripped my bed this morning,could see my mattress where it was sagging.My new one will be arriving this afternoon between 1-3,can't wait
I hope to get in a another walk before or after the mattress arrives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back