What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you hire professionals to clean your windows?

My husband and I didn't get married until our late 20s so he looked after himself pretty well by then. He BBQ-ed a fair amount over the years, but not much anymore because we stopped eating meat 7 years ago.
No I clean the insides of my windows , and hubs cleans the outside with a long pole for the upstairs...

Hubs and I didn't marry until we were in our 40's...(second marriages)... he'd always just eaten anything he could buy from the supermarket he didn't need to cook... or the odd BBQ of a game -bird... ( he'd lived alone for some years after his divorce)

he cooks his own food now he's vegan, but he won't cook mine ...

Went fishin'. I'm fortunate to have a state park lake about 10 minutes away so I spend a lot of time there. Being Sunday, there were a lot of people and there was a boat anchored where I had intended going, so I went on farther and did OK. Landed about 1/2 dozen bluegills with one being a keeper but he got tossed back anyway.

Last week I accidentally hit one of the vent pipes from my septic drain field with my tractor belly mower. Today I removed the cap, removed the damaged part of the pipe. installed a 5 inch extension and a new pipe cap. The repair went smoothly and looks as good as new. Going to have to be more careful with my mowing from now on.

Last edited:
got inspired to start spring cleaning last week. is there an expiration date on that? do i have to stop spring cleaning once summer gets here. i could just stop if that's the rule!? i have a small knee-hole desk (7 drawers). and a plastic, rolling cart. both were a mish-mash of everything everywhere. i bet i found batteries in at least 3 different drawers.

First day for eating indoors in Wales so I went out for breakfast...and ate indoors.
Noticed two people who preferred to sit outdoors....
and went into Vision Express to get new nose pads fitted to my specs.One had split.
Minor repairs are free.
for the first time ever I bought Specs online, very wary about it..and now I'm getting more worried because it's been a month and not a word from them, so I might call them, and see what's happening.

Today finally a gift I bought for O/H's birthday which was at the beginning of the month has finally arrived... It's not from Amazon.. I bought it from a craftsman in Bulgaria.. who made it to order, so I'm hoping *h* is going to like it...

Last edited:
I rang the specs place, they gave me all sorts of excuses, that the frames had just arrived and they were getting ready to insert the lenses.. but they couldn't tell me how long that would take. Rubbish service tbh... considering they were supposed to be ready in 7-10 days...

Then I rang my pensions provider...the biggest provider in the UK.. and all their lines are down... * jeez*.... :oops:..how the heck can that be ?

I'm doing the great outdoors, as usual, so GREAT to be outside.
Got another raised bed set up yesterday.....this spot is taking a bit of time, having to move, relocate some of my treasures.
Hopefully to do today.......mow backyard.....have leaves bagged up.....so will be using those and grass clippings for the bottom of the bed.
Then get filled with top soil and manure and some miracle grow to lighten up the soil.
Round up another smaller section of grass at the end of where i set the raised beds last year.....poor piece of ground anyway.
Micki won't be real happy about that.....against the north fence.....she won't get her view of the happenings at the neighbours there......she'll get over it in a few years. ;).
What was going to be another dry week..... now filled with rain starting Wednesday, for most of the week.....we do need rain very bad......
So will try and get as much done as possible.

I'm doing the great outdoors, as usual, so GREAT to be outside.
Got another raised bed set up yesterday.....this spot is taking a bit of time, having to move, relocate some of my treasures.
Hopefully to do today.......mow backyard.....have leaves bagged up.....so will be using those and grass clippings for the bottom of the bed.
Then get filled with top soil and manure and some miracle grow to lighten up the soil.
Round up another smaller section of grass at the end of where i set the raised beds last year.....poor piece of ground anyway.
Micki won't be real happy about that.....against the north fence.....she won't get her view of the happenings at the neighbours there......she'll get over it in a few years. ;).
What was going to be another dry week..... now filled with rain starting Wednesday, for most of the week.....we do need rain very bad......
So will try and get as much done as possible.
You can have some of our rain if you like.. we've had rain solidly for 3 days and forecast for the rest of this week too...:oops: this time last May we were in the middle of a heatwave

Bogged down by ordinary chores piled up. If I don't get to it today there's always

To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death.
Out, out, brief candle!
Life is but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury
Signifying nothing.

Okay. Guess that strikes of procrastination.

I think my father, who went through the entirety of the war in the Pacific (as U.S. Army, Sgt.), was always quite happy to have tanks around, Boots and tanks on the ground as things got ugly in the Marshalls, Russells, Solomons, Gilberts, etc Their presence probably saved his hide a number of times.
My husband was one of the guys who walked behind the tanks, protecting the tanks and occasionally got rides on the tanks as all the tank support guys did. Until, of course, the tank got hit and they learned to fly without benefit a plane or parachute.

Course his “flight” earned him a trip on a plane and short rest in HawaiI. 😂. So yup, keep your boots on the ground.

No I clean the insides of my windows , and hubs cleans the outside with a long pole for the upstairs...

Hubs and I didn't marry until we were in our 40's...(second marriages)... he'd always just eaten anything he could buy from the supermarket he didn't need to cook... or the odd BBQ of a game -bird... ( he'd lived alone for some years after his divorce)

he cooks his own food now he's vegan, but he won't cook mine ...
You guys clean your windows? Why? Why would you do this? I never ever clean a window. The rain cleans the outside and the inside is hidden by curtains. I am simply overcome with the horror of it all. 😂

Have planted 20 Shasta daisies in the front and 10 annuals that I got for a dollar each at Lowe’s. Now watering the bed. Worked some in the back yard, a gardeners work is never done. Eating lunch soon, mouth is still extremely sore but mastering chewing only on one side.

What did you get him?
I bought him a hand made leather holder which attaches to his belt, with his initial engraved on it.. for his electronic Vaping pipe....to prevent him carrying it in his hand or pocket everywhere he goes

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/745...-AtvkYPWW&eaid=876758733374&x_eaid=f26b029177

il_1588xN.2210449731_iu2f.jpg

Ooops sorry that's HUGE

Busy day - filed my Federal and State Income Taxes on line, then got my paper work together and went to the local office to get new title, registration and tags for my car. (We have to do that when we move from one state to another..)

Next, I spray painted an old patio table to match the new patio chairs.

Lastly, got a little device that sticks to the inside of my windshield that allows me to bypass the toll booths on the Florida toll roads (and there are a lot of them). Then had to go online to register it with the SunPass people, and tell them how to take my money.

I'm done being productive for the day.

This morning took my early walk around 6:45,was 56 wearing shorts/shirt/warm henley pullover
I called Canopy of Neighbors members as I usually do to see how they were doing
Afterwards,my mid morning walk,strolled over to my close friendsMarcia&Dave's house,nobody was home but I have a key.When I walked into living room,my 'buddy boy'Aker wasn't there,figured he was upstairs lying on M&D's bed which he likes to do.I called his name,nothing until I lifted the lid to his treat jar,he raced down the stairs wagging his tail
It was a beautiful morning,we went on a 3 block walk,he was content sniffing grass/flowers.When we came back,he raced to his water bowl,waited for a treat,he laid down on the rug with sun coming thru the window,sighed.
This afternoon,after lunch&nap,sat outside in our community garden with couple other residents

I bought him a hand made leather holder which attaches to his belt, with his initial engraved on it.. for his electronic Vaping pipe....to prevent him carrying it in his hand or pocket everywhere he goes

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/745...-AtvkYPWW&eaid=876758733374&x_eaid=f26b029177

il_1588xN.2210449731_iu2f.jpg

Ooops sorry that's HUGE
Very specialized - a perfect gift for just the right person! How nice that he appreciated your efforts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back