What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My plan was to start cleaning outside of the windows......got the ladders out yesterday, to be organized......but.....50/60 mile an hour winds......not climbing any ladders in that wind.

Decided to do shopping, usually do that on Saturdays, didn't feel like shopping.
Sadly, grocery shelves seem to be scarce on things again.......but did come across a nice surprise......the only yogurt i like is, oikos greek yogurt, strawberries on the bottom......were out of that......so i see they had the same kind, but with chocolate/ bananas on the bottom.......the yogurt is so thick you can cut it with a knife.
Going to add that one on my favorite list......soooooooooooo good.

Have you ever seen anyone get so excited about yogurt...........now you have.:D:D:D:D:D.
Micka. I'm with you on thick and rich yogurt! :)

Today was a great day in beautiful Central Coast California. The first thing we did was to stop and get tested for the Covid virus. Sticking a swab up your nose as far as it goes was a trip, though.
We then picked up lunch at our favorite gourmet restaurant, and headed up the coast with Pandora playing through our car's Bose system with the beautiful ocean on our left.
We stopped at a lovely park overlooking the ocean, and ate our lunch. On our way home, we stopped at an ocean side hotel called the Cliff House Inn, to check out the place. We were so enamored with it, that when we got home we booked a two night stay at the lower room on the right with the big picture window. We also looked at their restaurant menus which were fabulous.
Since @Kayelle was raised near here, she has known about this secret place, but has never stayed there. It is only 20 miles from home, but a world away. There is no reason if you live in such a beautiful place you have to go far from home in these times to enjoy such an exotic getaway. Yes, I know we are blessed.
cliff house.jpgroom.jpg

Last edited:
I went to the gym early, then came home to clean the kitchen and run the dishwasher.

I was given forty of the dirtiest glass jars for canning that you could ever imagine.... scrubbed them clean. I had to look on the internet for new ways to clean glass jars. The first scrubbing was a soaking in soapy water, followed by a scouring in soapy water, followed by a run through the dishwasher, inspection, second scouring with a scratch pad and knife to pinpoint items, buff with abrasive tooth paste and second time through the dishwasher.

Time consuming, but with everyone canning this year, you can't find jars or lids. A cousin in Ohio is sending me some canning lids so I can put these jars to use. I visited with a friend from Washington state. We talked about the riots and destruction... her accounts were rather interesting. And day is done.

Did a little gardening and cooked us some supper. My OH was tinkering in the garage. We're getting ready to go sit on the porch swing and snuggle a little then we're off to bed. Joe's got a back cracking appointment in the morning.

I look forward to visiting with all of you. Have a good night.

Today was a great day in beautiful Central Coast California. The first thing we did was to stop and get tested for the Covid virus. Sticking a swab up your nose as far as it goes was a trip, though.
We then picked up lunch at our favorite gourmet restaurant, and headed up the coast with Pandora playing through our car's Bose system with the beautiful ocean on our left.
We stopped at a lovely park overlooking the ocean, and ate our lunch. On our way home, we stopped at an ocean side hotel called the Cliff House Inn, to check out the place. We were so enamored with it, that when we got home we booked a two night stay at the lower room on the right with the big picture window. We also looked at their restaurant menus which were fabulous.
Since @Kayelle was raised near here, she has known about this secret place, but has never stayed there. It is only 20 miles from home, but a world away. There is no reason if you live in such a beautiful place you have to go far from home in these times to enjoy such an exotic getaway. Yes, I know we are blessed.
View attachment 123788View attachment 123795
Why did you get tested for the virus? Do you have symptoms? If you have symptoms or think you have the virus why are you out and about? Just curious.

This afternoon I have a appt with a new dentist.This will feel strange to see someone else after being with my original dentist for over 40 yrs. Sadly,Dr Joe died unexpectedly in June,his family recommended this guy

Why did you get tested for the virus? Do you have symptoms? If you have symptoms or think you have the virus why are you out and about? Just curious.
We do not have any symptoms. @Kayelle was in the hospital recently for 6 days and was concerned she might have caught it there. We waited 14 days, are still asymptomatic, but were still concerned, so we got tested. Better safe than sorry.
We are still isolating, and our SoCal county has the fewest cases and deaths of any county south of here, such as San Bernadino, which has a similar population.
P.S. Got the results back this morning. We are both NEGATIVE!!! Thank you Lord!

Last edited:
Did a little gardening and cooked us some supper. My OH was tinkering in the garage. We're getting ready to go sit on the porch swing and snuggle a little then we're off to bed. Joe's got a back cracking appointment in the morning.

I look forward to visiting with all of you. Have a good night.
ae9df96f-c6da-471f-ba5c-500b98ee1c0f.jpegHappy to meet you. Will be great visiting as well. ENJOY your time here.

This afternoon I have a appt with a new dentist.This will feel strange to see someone else after being with my original dentist for over 40 yrs. Sadly,Dr Joe died unexpectedly in June,his family recommended this guy
An update on my dentist appt,I admit I was nervous going to someplace new.The staff,hygenists were extremely helpful warmly greeted me.Dr Bob was a resident where Dr Joe was a teaching professor at local university,knew him quite well.I liked my new dentist,can see why the family asked him to take over Joe's practice

Today I went to the boating lake just to have a walk around it for the exercise.

IMG-7912.jpg

Stopped off at the shops on the way back because we've been told we're back into semi-lockdown, and the media were telling us that everyone was panic buying again .. well they weren't where I was thank goodness... but anyway I don't need any food, I just wanted to buy a new dinner set, which i got.

It's so sad that we've returned to lockdown, simply because many people just wouldn't follow the rules. *sigh*..

I'm really hoping the Dentist , Doctors, hotels and Hairdressers don't go back into lockdown...again!..

Talking of Doctors, I tried to make an appointment with my GP today and was told that he died suddenly at the weekend.. :( so dreadfully sad, he was only 59 and had no illness we knew of.. but the surgery receptionist couldn't or wouldn't discuss why he died. I'm sure we'll find out in the local news soon..but the sadness as well is that he was really the only decent Doctor at the practice, he'll be very much missed. ..he really was the Doctor everyone tried to get an appointment with rather than any of the other 3

Today I went to the boating lake just to have a walk around it for the exercise.

IMG-7912.jpg

Stopped off at the shops on the way back because we've been told we're back into semi-lockdown, and the media were telling us that everyone was panic buying again .. well they weren't where I was thank goodness... but anyway I don't need any food, I just wanted to buy a new dinner set, which i got.

It's so sad that we've returned to lockdown, simply because many people just wouldn't follow the rules. *sigh*..

I'm really hoping the Dentist , Doctors, hotels and Hairdressers don't go back into lockdown...again!..

Talking of Doctors, I tried to make an appointment with my GP today and was told that he died suddenly at the weekend.. :( so dreadfully sad, he was only 59 and had no illness we knew of.. but the surgery receptionist couldn't or wouldn't discuss why he died. I'm sure we'll find out in the local news soon..but the sadness as well is that he was really the only decent Doctor at the practice, he'll be very much missed. ..he really was the Doctor everyone tried to get an appointment with rather than any of the other 3

Oh, fiddle, @hollydolly... I was trying to push the sad button. Par for the course today...

What did i do today.......for starters, ENJOYED an amazing 1st day of Fall.
Clear sky, +28, with a west wind about 30 mph.
But, of all days, had appointments, missed out on some of the day.......managed to get out in between stuff.
Today was great while i had it.

Took Joe in for his back cracking appointment. Finally got him to settle down and take in some supper. Stubborn as a rock. Slipped him some decaf coffee tonight. He's finally asleep. I just come in off the porch. Our stray Tom decided he wanted to come in this evening so he's curled at my feet. He's going to be a bit upset when I have to make him move here in a moment. :LOL: It has been a day. Good night everyone. Sweet dreams to you.

new dinner set
I've never heard of a "dinner set," does that mean dishes?

Yesterday was a mostly do nothing day. Lots of those happening here- and everywhere else, it seems. Hubby's back is really hurting; he's standing crooked. 😥 He went to a previously scheduled acupuncture appointment and his acupuncturist treated his shoulder issue plus his back problem. Told him to give his body a few days of rest so that's what we did.

Today I'm going to the library to drop off some books I borrowed in March! (My local library still isn't open but another branch will accept the returns. No fines.) Also picking up "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood." Fred Rogers was one of the finest gentlemen (truly a gentle man) to walk this earth so I look forward to seeing the movie.

Pickups are by appointment only. There's some sort of curbside pickup and dropoff arrangement which should be easy figure out.

Going out for fresh fruit, vegetables & stuff at a market called Sprouts, then decide whether I’m going to switch to Albertsons or Walmart for pharmacy because I’ve put up with the lousy customer service & snotty attitude at Walgreens for the very last time ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back