What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was Field Day Friday and I kept my standing date with the vacuum cleaner and the scrub brush. On my evening walk I encountered 6 or 7 beautiful deer and got to watch them run and jump.
Yesterday was also exciting, I got one of the tires replaced on my wife's car. It had a slow leak from a nail. I also picked up a watch that I had repaired. Big times for me these days.

OH and I spent the morning discussing whether or not we were up to continuing with the garden for next year. I think this is going to be the last of it. A lot of what we had this year didn't fare well. Our health issues are making it more of a struggle. We have a younger neighbor down the road that likes to share from their big garden and they've been bringing more our way so we might just talk to them about possibly chipping in for gardening supplies to pay for all these things they bring us. I won't give up my flowers though.

OH and I spent the morning discussing whether or not we were up to continuing with the garden for next year. I think this is going to be the last of it. A lot of what we had this year didn't fare well. Our health issues are making it more of a struggle. We have a younger neighbor down the road that likes to share from their big garden and they've been bringing more our way so we might just talk to them about possibly chipping in for gardening supplies to pay for all these things they bring us. I won't give up my flowers though.
Good idea Bethea.. gardening is such hard work at times, so if you've got a neighbour willing to share , then that will take much of the pressure off you, and you can enjoy your garden just growing flowers

This morning around 6:30 went on my early walk wearing yellow reflector vest to buy Bflo News
It was refreshing no wind temp was 60,did usual watering the plants/flowers in community garden
ON my mid morning walk, around 10:15 strolled 2 blocks to local co-op bought some Gala apples
This afternoon after lunch&nap taking advantage of sitting in our community garden with couple other residents,we do this couple times a wk,been doing it for yrs,weather permitting .We tried to solve the world's problems,not much luck Instead enjoy each other's company,social distancing wearing masks
Its one of the things I love about our garden,its peaceful don't hear any traffic except when a siren goes by

Today I did part of my laundry. Sheets and towels. Will do the rest tomorrow or Monday. There is a Back the Blue parade and then there were booths set up for food and crafts in the park. It seemed quiet but I did not go over to check it out. Later there was a BLM protest and I could hear them downstairs in the laundry room. I hurried to get finished so I would be upstairs in my apartment to feel safe. I can't hear or see them from my windows as I am at the back of my building. One of my neighbors said the main streets were shut down by the police. I am staying inside.

Making a chicken stir fry in my Instant Pot for supper. Going to watch some Little House on the Prairie.

Got a big order from BJs delivered today. You would think I have a huge family, but there’s just two of us. Got a bottle, from Amazon, of Eucerin for extra dry skin. I hope it work, as my skin is so dry it flakes off on my chair.
Pappy, maybe too much sun or you may be a little dehydrated?
Apply the Eucerin as soon as you dry off from the shower, while your skin is still damp. So they say.

Today I photographed a big Honda meet at the local race circuit.

A Pirate drove this. It's a Type RRRRRRR...

50389832653_077f1f8c95_b.jpg

Didn't do much today felt pretty rough earlier on so I slept for 2 hours sitting upright on the sofa..:oops: felt better later, and so I got a few things put into the attic..., and cooked bolognese and spaghetti tonight for dinner..other than that , Nada..

Last edited:
You do an awful lot of chores for a man. Is the misses unable?
I am just trying to help. She carries a bigger load than I do with all the cooking, shopping, and more cleaning than I do. It would not be right for me to sit on my butt and ..... well lets just say that I would not get away with that for very long at all.

I do know men who do very little around the house and it sure doesn't look to me like they are in happy marriages.

I ended up at my local Holocaust Memorial Park. Felt driven to do so. Felt the need to show some respect. On my way, I saw many Orthodox Jews praying at the water's edge. To my delight, there were as many women involved in this as men. I sat at a nearby bench to listen and watch. It is called 'davening'

I saw a bunch of girls together, from baby to kindergarten to Jr. High I would think All wearing almost ankle length skirts. All their faces were similar to each other. I saw a woman, thirty-ish but looking older. I asked, "Are you all a family?" Mama said 'yes' and I had to tell them how beautiful they all were and they all beamed with happiness, as I did! Don't know what came over me to say that, but they all had the sameish smiling face, from baby to young teen.

Holocaust Memorial Park On Sheepshead Bay Editorial Photography - Image of  west, york: 83514132

Community observes 34th anniversary of Holocaust Memorial Park • Brooklyn  Paper
touch Had a need to go there. Unexpectedly very good day. Meditative with a few bits of joy. I liked with this community today. Probably won't happen again! Shanah tovah, what is said meaning have a good, sweet year.

Attachments

• 1601244720650.jpeg
    1601244720650.jpeg
    13.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I am just trying to help. She carries a bigger load than I do with all the cooking, shopping, and more cleaning than I do. It would not be right for me to sit on my butt and ..... well lets just say that I would not get away with that for very long at all.

I do know men who do very little around the house and it sure doesn't look to me like they are in happy marriages.
That is truly wonderful. Good of you to help. I take care of the household things mostly and Joe does all the outside work. He fetches groceries from town for me. Totes the laundry back and forth from the basement. He's a good egg.

Today I had to go to have blood drawn at a hospital in the next county. Fortunately it was a lovely sunny warm day, unlike the last few days.

Afterwards I was able to go into the nearby town centre and buy some clothes and skechers at TKMaxx, some Vitamin pills at the health store .. and odds and sods at various other shops.. . I wanted a coffee and sit outside in the sun with it , but because we're back in semi lockdown, people who are ''working from home'' had packed out the coffee shops, so I made do with a cold drink and took it back to the car .

Annoying now that all the stores have set up the queuing system again after being back to normal shopping for 2 months.. :(

Today I washed and changed the sheets and towels. Then I cleaned the bathrooms (ugh). After lunch, I went for a pedicure. Monday is a slow day, and everybody masks and does all the protocols. And now I'm sitting on my butt. Out of my living room window I can see goldfinches on my feeder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back