What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The temperature will be in the 90s this weekend.

Still comfortable with low humidity and a nice breeze.

I made a pot of riced cauliflower pilaf with cremini mushrooms, onion, garlic, etc... for an easy scoop and nuke dinner.

Walked to the nearby Tops Friendly Market to pick up some low-carb ice cream and cold cuts. I don't really care for the store but it's a nice one-mile roundtrip that allows me to get a little exercise while doing something useful. Buying ice cream qualifies as useful, right? :unsure:

5690757164_b08af25390_b.jpg

I am planning on cleaning Rabbit's cage thoroughly today. Take it all apart, clean the tray that is underneath and put new boxes inside for litter. Take apart his water dish holder and clean that. Then vacuuming. He got hay all over the place now because for some reason he is taking a mouthful out of the cage and taking it somewhere he likes to sleep.

Supposed to get into the 90's here I heard, so staying inside. I cannot take hot weather.
And that reminds me to clean the bottom out of my birdies home, too.

The temperature will be in the 90s this weekend.

Still comfortable with low humidity and a nice breeze.

I made a pot of riced cauliflower pilaf with cremini mushrooms, onion, garlic, etc... for an easy scoop and nuke dinner.

Walked to the nearby Tops Friendly Market to pick up some low-carb ice cream and cold cuts. I don't really care for the store but it's a nice one-mile roundtrip that allows me to get a little exercise while doing something useful. Buying ice cream qualifies as useful, right? :unsure:

5690757164_b08af25390_b.jpg

That sounds amazing! I will have to try that but have not done a riced recipe yet. Just the mashed, which I loved. Have the leftovers for tonight's supper.

Today I am planning on mopping the kitchen and bathroom floors. Maybe after I visit Mr. Dumpster, I will take a ride on Jazzy just to get some fresh air. I thought about taking a ride to Tops to get a few things. Maybe, Depends on how hot it is by the time I get around to it. A little bit of dusting too. I have leftovers for supper so not worried about food today.

I woke up this morning around 6am thanks to the birdies chirping outside,tried to get back to sleep,no luck.I walked outside to water the plants in our community garden,being a member of the garden committee.I then walked around the garden circle a couple of times,temp was 66,refreshing with a slight breeze
I'm thrilled today because my church,Westminster Presb is finally reopening with 1 service at 10:30.Its been closed since March 2020,we will be wearing masks,social distancing.I'll be interested to see how many members show up.Our minister is retiring at the end of this month,he has been our senior pastor for 23 yrs. When the pandemic started we've been able to watch services online via Youtube, or Facebook which was great.This will continue for those who don't feel comfortable coming back quite yet.I rather be there in person to see church friends again.This will be my long walk of the day{6 blocks},highlight of my week

Going grocery shopping...picking up kids tomorrow morning at the airport...they are coming in again from Ohio. Have 2 clients in east Texas. They stay with us overnight, drive to clients Tues and come back Wed afternoon, leave Friday morning. Back deck & Pool time!! Making French Chicken & Mushroom Crepes for dinner tomorrow night. We always have a blast! You'all have a good one today!

Taking an easy day today.
Doing my morning cleaning chores, catch up on laundry.
Enjoyed the first rainbow here this morning.
Thunderstorm / rain during the nite.....didn't hear the thunder with the windows closed, but there must have been some, because Micki spent the nite in the bathroom......which is where she goes in thunderstorms or heavy rain......not sure how much rain we got.....but any would help.....so dry.
Cleaning up the containers i had tomato plants in before been planted.
So, that'll be my day.

It was raining this morning.. the humidity is high even tho' it's dry now..I have all the windows open and the tower fan going and still there's hardly any air.

I've done all my deep cleaning this morning.. the woodwork..doors bannisters.. floors, bathrooms, kitchen etc... and I'm exhausted due to the humidity.. had to keep taking 10 minute breaks..

Also I hung my new resin planters out on the fences this afternoon with new plants in them ...

Stopped for a cuppa tea..and now

Stripped the beds so I've just got to go turn the machine on now

so does that mean you're not paying any sky subscription.. ?.. do you have to pay for the box rental?i
I means I no longer have a multiroom subscription...one box still has a sky subscription on it.(which I negotiated a discount on).
i assumed they would take the other box away but I still have it.It now only gets FTA channels.
if you completely cancel your subscription you don’t pay sky anything.Still get the free channels but can’t record on the boxes.

In what way will he be poorly for 2 weeks?... will he need nursing care at home by someone other than you ?.. will he have to be bedridden the whole 2 weeks ? Sorry to hear this Aneeda, but well at least he's alive...
Hmm, How is he?-nasty temperament as usual. Does he need nursing home care other than me, nope, and he doesn’t need me, or my help, or me to do anything at all for him. He is not following the doctors advice, of course, and not interested in anything I have to say, as usual.

He is able to do what he usually does, sit and watch tv while I do all the work. Blame Bella for some of his issues and remark that she is getting to be too much trouble 🙄. This means he needs to stay away from her.

He starts back to work tonight. Yup, he’s alive, oh goody, seriously wish I wasn’t. I am having a seriously rough day. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back