What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
More rain coming, got my place mowed yesterday...
iu

It is HOT, HOT, HOT and our new air conditioner is leaking water like a sieve so have to call them today. Pretty sure it’s not supposed to do that. Got to go get a blood test for my surgery in two weeks. If my A1C is not low enough, surgery will be cancelled.

Doing the usual stuff which includes limited time in the garden since it is so hot. My shoulder hurts a great deal so still trying not to use it much. I want to clean out the shed. I’ve pretty much decided to try and sell the house in fall.

Usual morning cleaning chores.
Hopefully replanting some tomato plants the ones in planter pots.....think i got the soil too heavy.....going to add mixture to lighten the soil some.
They should be okay, have only had them in for a week.....shouldn't set them back too much.
But.
The sky is looking dark.....might get rain.
See what happens.

It is HOT, HOT, HOT and our new air conditioner is leaking water like a sieve so have to call them today. Pretty sure it’s not supposed to do that. Got to go get a blood test for my surgery in two weeks. If my A1C is not low enough, surgery will be cancelled.

Doing the usual stuff which includes limited time in the garden since it is so hot. My shoulder hurts a great deal so still trying not to use it much. I want to clean out the shed. I’ve pretty much decided to try and sell the house in fall.
Good...that house needsta Go....(y)

Hubs has the week off.. so today he gave my computer a good clear out because it's been acting up a little bit, not good given that's only a 2 year old Mac...so hopefully it'll run much better..

I sat outside in the sun reading my monthly subscription magazine , which I usually only read in bed ,I propped my legs up on the wooden garden table, and after half an hour they stuck there, I could hardly get them off the table without agonising pain... sheesh... I must be getting older.. :sneaky:

Usual morning cleaning chores.
Hopefully replanting some tomato plants the ones in planter pots.....think i got the soil too heavy.....going to add mixture to lighten the soil some.
They should be okay, have only had them in for a week.....shouldn't set them back too much.
But.
The sky is looking dark.....might get rain.
See what happens.
You used potting soil, right? It’s really hard to kill a tomato but I’ve done it. 😂

Last edited:
Been out this afternoon to the frozen food shop.. to fill our freezers ... also to the Bix Box harward store ( B&Q).. to buy some chicken wire for some fencing......and an industrial fan.. it's really powerful, much more so than my oscillating tower fans , I can't bear this humidity...

Stopped off at the pub garden for a quick drink before heading home.It's so telling that this last 15 months has made a huge difference to the usual clientel... While the pubs have been in lockdown, people have been buying alcohol from the supermarkets.. of course it's so much cheaper, and it's clear they've realised just how much money they've saved by doing that, so this particualr pub which is always packed out, had just 2 cars in the car park..and since pubs have re-opened in this area.. we've noticed this wherever we've been

This morning I first woke up at 5,went back to sleep,amazed I woke up at 6:30
It was already 73,a bit humid but there was a slight breeze on my early walk,then watered the plants in community garden
My only plans for today was calling Canopy of Neighbors members which I do every Mon morning.My mid morning walk went to local 7/11 needed to get some OJ,it had become more humid outside
As I was eating my lunch reading NYT,my close friend Marcia called asked if I could come over and take my 'buddy boy' Aker{pharoh hound} for afternoon walk.She was at a meeting, then taking a friend to her PT appt.Marcia&Dave live 2 blocks from my apt building.When I walked into the living room,'bb was lying on the sofa,I bent down to hug him,he licked my nose.When I said'wanna go for a walk',his ears perked up.As he was drinking water from his bowl,I put the leash around his neck.We went around the block,he was panting since it was a bit humid,when we got back he headed for the water bowl again,then waited for his treat.He laid down on the rug near the fan,sighed,very content.This made my day

Had my annual physical this morning and, thankfully, passed with flying colors. Did some grocery shopping after lunch then stayed in out of the 100° heat this afternoon - cleaned the kitchen and made some pasta salad. Tonight's fare is no-talent easy - flash grilled smoked porkchops with a (purchased) maple blueberry compote. With it being too hot to ride today, am hoping for cooler weather tomorrow.

Entertained a roofer this morning, then mowed the back lawn before the predicted heat of the day. That was enough, still feel washed out.
Did you pass out during his visit or after he left? Did you laugh wildly at the estimate or cry? What was the estimate?

Was cooler this morning......so i finished moving some stuff out of a south east corner of the back yard.....set up one 4x4 raised garden frame in time for planting.....have 2 more to set up....not rushing....not being planted this year.
Already have landscaping stones there.....so just have to set up the beds and level them......fill them when i know i can fill with soil within a short time.....because i don't want the tarp and soil down too long before it kills the grass underneath.

Did the grocery thing.
Very disappointing in the raised prices......e.g. Used to get 3, 4 pack yogurt for 10.98......since covid, 2, 4 pack for 7.00. :confused:😔🙁😕 In general a lot of prices have increased by 30%. Sales on items are fewer. Doesn't seem to be shortages like there was.
But
My medications don't cost any more than before Covid, in fact anything i buy there, prices have stayed the same.

Will water garden stuff after supper.
Get stuff ready for garbage day tomorrow......SO EXCITING.....😉😌😊☺️

Did my exciting tuesday thing already......garbage bin out for pickup.....can hardly contain myself.
About this tuesday garbage thing......our garbage day was always fridays.....seems it was the right day, end of the week and all.
The town changed companies for recycle and garbage.
Having trouble getting used to the tuesdays, just seems odd.
Recycle pickup is the same, every other wednesday.

Usual morning cleaning chores......then out to the great outdoors.

Slow rain & warm here,,not checking temp,, want to think its cooler than 80.

Hubby & I may go looking for air conditioner as our old one is very nosy.
We looked yesterday as one store had send out flyer with AC priced at $ 99.

All sold out as was the other store we went to.

We drove past Home Depot ,, asked hubby 'want to stop there',,, he replied ,'Why?'
That surprised me,, kept silent as we passed it.:rolleyes:

Not done too much so far, it's hot out in the garden... We have an area of our back garden we call the seashore.. it's behind our tall trees and laurel... and hubs has been attaching a whole new fence there....

Later we may have to take some stuff to the recycle centre.. everything always goes in my car , it's the workhorse of the family..apparently..god forbid anything should go in his Nibs Maserati... 🙄

It is raining again today so I will skip the walk. It is our weekly cleaning day and I have my standing date with Sally Meile the vacuum. I also noticed that the laundry basket is full so doing a load of dark clothes is on my agenda.
My wife is fixing stir fry tonight and hers is excellent.
LOL, it looks like another exciting day to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back