What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PK's must be working which is good news...(y)
PK? I can’t figure out what you mean. But my husband just got a sandwich thrown into his face and a screaming 🤬wife as he tried, again, to be a complete jerk, and again, tried to play Mr I have no ideal what you are talking about and I am right no matter what you are talking about.

Well, he is rightly covered in a ham sandwich.

I am in too much pain and too tired and too 🤬 and just too, too frustrated with everyone to put up with his endless continuous mean spirited behaviors towards me.

So there you go, have another sandwich, sweetie.

What are you doing today?​

Not necessarily what I'm doing

It's what I did

ran over a pigeon this morn

Never saw the bird
There was a 'crunch'
Wife sez 'YOU SMASHED A DOVE!...GUTS ARE EVERYWHERE!

Told her a pigeon should leave jay walking to the jays.....

She didn't find much humor in that

In other news, we picked and ate our first tomatoes this season

What a difference in taste

M-M-M-M-M

Most the afternoon in the kiddie pool
I really need to hook up the big screen out there
This townie stuff is incredible

Today, Sydney is in lockdown for two weeks, with terrible consequences if you dare to break the rules. The kids are on 2 weeks holiday and there is nowhere to go, everything is shut, even the movies. We are way behind in vaccination numbers and my second jab isn't until September. Toilet paper shelves are empty again - people are insanely hoarding, the latest Delta variant is slowly spreading through the states and I wonder if this restricted way of life will ever end.

The day here is almost over and it is so hot in New Jersey. It is suppose to be like this for the next couple of days.
I must have filled the bird bath over 10 times today, the Robins are the ones that can really splash it all out. Sometimes they just sit and absorb the water like a sponge.

My sugar snap peas are not liking this at all. I'll probably go out tomorrow and pick most of them. Better to keep them in the refrigerator rather than let them get tough on the vines.

My tomatoes are all in blossom but it will be awhile before we get tomatoes.
I remember back in the 50s having tomatoes on the 4th of July.
Weather patterns have changed a great deal in the past several years.

Today, Sydney is in lockdown for two weeks, with terrible consequences if you dare to break the rules. The kids are on 2 weeks holiday and there is nowhere to go, everything is shut, even the movies. We are way behind in vaccination numbers and my second jab isn't until September. Toilet paper shelves are empty again - people are insanely hoarding, the latest Delta variant is slowly spreading through the states and I wonder if this restricted way of life will ever end.
Which is why I have a nice supply of TP, and it stays safe, sound, and warm. 😊. Husband says why are we buying TP when we have some? 🙄. Cause God can give and God can take away.
I mourn the shortage of TP. I have learned that hoarding is only bad in the use of pronouns. As in “they are hoarding TP”-bad. As in “I have/am hoarding TP”-good. 😍

As for Delta, it’s here as well. This way of life will probably not end for our generation. We just have to, as usual, do the best we can.

The day here is almost over and it is so hot in New Jersey. It is suppose to be like this for the next couple of days.
I must have filled the bird bath over 10 times today, the Robins are the ones that can really splash it all out. Sometimes they just sit and absorb the water like a sponge.

My sugar snap peas are not liking this at all. I'll probably go out tomorrow and pick most of them. Better to keep them in the refrigerator rather than let them get tough on the vines.

My tomatoes are all in blossom but it will be awhile before we get tomatoes.
I remember back in the 50s having tomatoes on the 4th of July.
Weather patterns have changed a great deal in the past several years.
We have been eating a few tomatoes for a couple weeks. We have yellow squash overflowing, some zucchini, and I shall miss my crop of other stuff, but it will ripen after house is sold. Oh, been eating broccolini as well. Planted far too much but never had it before.

Broccolini is supposed to be sweeter than broccoli rob )?) but I’ve never had either before so Idk. It does taste a bit bitter to me.

Awake wishing is was asleep. Doctors appointment this morning to try and decide what happened on Sunday 🤦🏻‍♀️. Doctors appointment Thursday to check incision which is fine. Amd the cardiologist decided at least he doesn’t need to see me. 😊.

Waiting 5 more minutes till I can take a pain pill, then waiting till it kicks in so I can make it to the bathroom. Maybe my depend will get a dosing 😂

Last edited:
I understand. Movies were closed here for a year. Park playgrounds were closed for months.

People in our neighborhood did things like put teddy bears, signs and other goodies in our windows for children to spot as they walked or biked past. We'd change them up every few days. Lots of chalked messages and artwork on driveways, hopscotch boards drawn on sidewalks, etc.

Kids find ways to entertain themselves when adults get out of their way and stop orchestrating their lives so closely.

That said, I'm truly sorry for what you're going through. It's not fun to deal with the Covid restrictions and shortages.

Last edited:
PK? I can’t figure out what you mean. But my husband just got a sandwich thrown into his face and a screaming 🤬wife as he tried, again, to be a complete jerk, and again, tried to play Mr I have no ideal what you are talking about and I am right no matter what you are talking about.

Well, he is rightly covered in a ham sandwich.

I am in too much pain and too tired and too 🤬 and just too, too frustrated with everyone to put up with his endless continuous mean spirited behaviors towards me.

So there you go, have another sandwich, sweetie.
I'm so sorry that you and your husband have such a difficult, unsupportive marriage. It must be hell for both of you. Unless things change it's hard to imagine the increased misery and pressure you'll both feel when you downsize from your house to an apartment in a few weeks.

Today I am preparing for a Doctor's appointment this afternoon. Of course, that's all I seem to do anymore. I am supposed to get a cortisone injection in my hip. I hope it helps. I have 2 other Doctor's appts this week.No one told me getting old would be so much fun. But my husband says it beats the alternative.

Today I am preparing for a Doctor's appointment this afternoon. Of course, that's all I seem to do anymore. I am supposed to get a cortisone injection in my hip. I hope it helps. I have 2 other Doctor's appts this week.No one told me getting old would be so much fun. But my husband says it beats the alternative.

My husband had an epidural injection yesterday and feels dramatically better today. I hope it goes just as well for you, Sassy.

I decided to bake a cake on the hottest day of the year.
That must be proof that my brain cells are diminishing. lol

Actually I made the cake for the 4th of July. I like to get as much as I can done beforehand.
My motto is. "if I can't freeze it, I don't make it.
I'm making a Boston Cream pie so all I have to do is make the filling and the glaze for the top the day before.

I've even made the hamburgers on the grill yesterday. I put a little beef broth on top so they don't dry out and they are tucked away in the freezer.
When I grill I don't ask how they want it. The way it comes off the grill is how you get it, Take it or leave it.
I'm not a grill person and hate to grill and then sit at the table smelling like a smokehouse.

I will still have to make salads and deviled eggs the day before.

We haven't had company since Covid started and I'm looking forward to having humans in my home again. It will only be my cousin and his wife but I haven't seen them in over a year.

I'm so sorry that you and your husband have such a difficult, unsupportive marriage. It must be hell for both of you. Unless things change it's hard to imagine the increased misery and pressure you'll both feel when you downsize from your house to an apartment in a few weeks.
Yes, I agree, it’s hell for both of us. But he has support, I do not.

The difference is I keep trying to make it not hell, but he finds hell comfortable. I keep trying to get him to stop withdrawing and engage in life, and he just wants to withdraw. He weights 360 pounds, I keep trying to get him to loose weight. But I am not his mother and I am done.

In the apartment he will have even more of a choice to withdraw completely and have me as a back up caretaker involved only when absolutely needed, as in when I had a choice to get him to the hospital to save his life or let him stay home and die. I took him to the ER against his will. When, on Sunday, he had the same choice for me, he refused to call 911 for me. In fact, last week when I said to him that he would not have saved me, he replied no he would not; and he did not. He would have let me die Sunday and I would have. Google Addison’s crisis. All the doctors confirmed that was the issue I had on Sunday.

He can choose to engage more fully in life or not. I have made my choice.

I am going to realize I can’t count on him for anything and build myself a support system, and a better life for me. I am done with our lives as they are now. His bedroom is at the end of the hall, it is really big master and holds all the things he loves-himself and his stuff. It has the master bigger bath so all the necessary things needed by a man his size. The hall leads to the kitchen, his favorite place. He will be all set and self isolate as much as he wants.

I will go for my walks, engage with the neighbors and massive amounts of children and dogs, walk in the pool once my hip heals, and engage with the teenagers there who tend to like attention from old folks. I will have interactions when I want them with a large variety of people. I will use the treadmill at the gym. I will end my isolation. I will watch tv, color, and play my computer game as I choose. I have a small second bedroom, and I like small rooms. I have the second bathroom for me. In other words, I will give myself a restart for the beginning of rest of my life.

I refuse to let him control or abuse me in any way anymore. It will take time to achieve the changes and a lot of work on my part, but I am committed. I will get a new little tiny dog that I won’t need help caring for. And I will help him when necessary as we are married in the Catholic Church.

He can choose to come along on my new journey or not. I have a plan and I am putting it in motion. All the fights,bickering, useless back and forth crap will eventually end as we will interact less and less unless he changes cause I AM changing. I will become a better person (although I am not all that bad now 🙄 😂😂 🤪).

He comes along or gets left behind in the hell of his choice. And the choice is his. I have really thought this through folks, helpful suggestions accepted; please keep your negativity to yourselves-not referring to you @StarSong but as you know, some people can be real downers.

Anyway, it was Addison‘s crisis, I could have died very fast, and you just do not get that many do overs. I am taking advantage of mine.

And this starts-TODAY 😂

Last edited:
My husband had an epidural injection yesterday and feels dramatically better today. I hope it goes just as well for you, Sassy.
I don't find pain relief so fast after a cortisone injection in my back.

I get numbed up, and for the first 36 hours until the numbness has worn off completely I'm on cloud 9, no pain at all.. like being reborn .. and then Wham!!.. the pain comes back worse than before and lasts about 2 weeks, until it wears off gradually, and I'm fine again and the cortisone is working .. for about a year or 2.... ..but since my last one the Doc says there just no point in giving continual , albeit several years apart.. Cortisone shots, because they ultimately don't work..

Hopefully your S/O will be pain free for a long time after this recent one...

Spent the morning doing computer work and plotting a recipe and the prep for a variation on a tavern roast. Then I went to the market to puck up a few ingredients and a roast beef sandwich for lunch since there was nothing in rotation (and I was out of crab cakes). Did some historical research this afternoon, followed by tonight's meal prep that's now in the pot just waiting for me to start it up. After I fire up the pot, it'll be time to feed the critters, water the plants, do a little shop work and then put dinner on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back