What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hubs gone back to work today after a week working from home, so I can pretty much please myself what I do today.. ( not that I'm told what I have to do on a normal day) .

yesterday we took delivery of a raft of stuff... so lots of that has to be sorted at the weekend. Today it's showery off and on so I'm staying home...got my chores done this morning.. not sure quite what to do with the afternoon yet.

Not interesting for me nor the delivery man... I had to quickly grab a red dressing gown, run downstairs, hide behind the door, and stick my arm out to collect the parcel.. saying thank you in a high sing song voice... :LOL: delivery man must have though he was delivering to a robot
Another potentially great story spoiled by a truthful answer.

I went to a local orchard that I usually go to this time of year. I walked in and didn't see the usual bins of apples where customers can pick out what they want. I asked a clerk and she said they had to do away with the bins and now only sell apples by the bag for $5 a bag. I picked out a bag of cortlands and there were 10 small to medium sized apples in it. I like the bins better, you could select individual fruits. In bags, you have to take what's in them. I suppose it's this way all over because of COVID.

apples.jpg

I went to a local orchard that I usually go to this time of year. I walked in and didn't see the usual bins of apples where customers can pick out what they want. I asked a clerk and she said they had to do away with the bins and now only sell apples by the bag for $5 a bag. I picked out a bag of cortlands and there were 10 small to medium sized apples in it. I like the bins better, you could select individual fruits. In bags, you have to take what's in them. I suppose it's this way all over because of COVID.

View attachment 126891
same here with any help yourself items, all changed now due to Covid... I'm wondering what the fruit farmers will do when it's PYO season...

I had to laugh. I had a Zoom appoitnment with my consultant yesterday.. so I got myself all tarted up so I didn't give her the impression I was more poorly than I actually am.. changed my mind about my tops several times so I didn't look too drained .. got some make-up on, brushed my hair nicely..yada yada.. and she phoned.. :ROFLMAO:

Today it's cold.. and now at mid afternoon it's started to rain. I'm doing nothing except a few chores which I've already got done.. Hubs is working late-shift all week, not finishing until midnight.. I'll be cooking dinner whenever I feel like it..gonna have lamb chops tonight with some green veg and probably Yorkshire puds.

Spoke to my daughter in Spain as she drove up her mountain..it's absolutely glorious weather there..

Another 2 of our high street stores ( ladieswear shops)..has hit the wall and called in the administrators ,:oops: so I ordered a pair of jeans from there because they're really the only ones that fit me really well.. and I also ordered online a new electric overblanket for hubs, because he feels the cold really badly and no amount of thick duvets cuts it for him, he has to have more and more fleeces on top..so hopefully the 'leccy blanket will work

@hollydolly - Sorry, had to chuckle about your doctor's appointment, Hols! :ROFLMAO:

Many clothing retailer are closing here as well. My daughter and I like to shop specific stores, and one of our favourites has closed :cry:

Ah well, I guess there are more important things to be concerned about ..

Pretty much the same as I do everyday. Washing clothes ,cleaning and being on the computer. Also keeping the TV off. Whenever my husband is out I always turn off the tv. I'm soo tired of listening to Politics and that's on when he is home so now that he went out I can have peace and quiet.

Trouble is Pinks, so many have closed here due to the pandemic, and will never re-open , don't know about Canada.. but the trouble is, once the high street stores close and everything is online..they'll be no competition, and then prices will be sky high IMO
I'm taking advantage of the closing-out sales right now, Hols. I've been scouring the net for decent quality clothing, to no avail. I would like to avoid having to order through the U.S. and pay duty, not to mention their higher dollar value.

I'm taking advantage of the closing-out sales right now, Hols. I've been scouring the net for decent quality clothing, to no avail. I would like to avoid having to order through the U.S. and pay duty, not to mention their higher dollar value.
It never occurred to me that you in Canada may have to order some items through the USA , and therefore have to pay high duty prices.. would it cost a mint to order from the UK?

It never occurred to me that you in Canada may have to order some items through the USA , and therefore have to pay high duty prices.. would it cost a mint to order from the UK?
The only thing that concerns me about ordering from the U.K. is the sizing. It's a long way to have to do a return.

The only thing that concerns me about ordering from the U.K. is the sizing. It's a long way to have to do a return.
sure enough.. yes that's pretty much what stops me ordering clothing online period. The only reason I was able to order the jeans online was because I've bought from that store in person before..

Not to much today. Woke up yesterday feeling crappy and today’s not much better. Headache and feeling like someone beat me up. I promise the wife’s not mad at me. Checking temperature several times a day and so far it’s normal. Taking Tylenol to ease the headaches.

Same here. I sometimes get a 24-48 flu like set back due to my low immunity system..so Im hoping it's just that.
Plus, I have a physical therapy appt for my neck issues, so maybe once he fixes my little neck, the headache will go away.

Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back