What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to figure out this %@&!÷%& heart monitor. When I got up briefly at 5 a.m., it was showing 42% charge left. At 7, it's dead. No warning on the monitor.

I peeled it off (it's glued to my chest) ..... ouch......and put it in the charger. Nothing is happening.

Oh, well, I've had it on for 5 days, so maybe that'll be enough. I'll have to call the cardio office in the morning to see what to do. I only had two more days to go.

Does anything work like it should these days

Trying to find a petrol station open so I can top up......4 closed in my area ....I’m not wasting more petrol in looking , so home now........
Booking that electric car ASAP...........

Just been trying out my new Cordless stick Vac...... It was a bit daunting when I opened the box, there was so many parts.. but fortunately I realised quite quickly that I don't need most of those parts to put it together and try it out. There was only about 5 minutes charge in the battery...it's digital so I worked out how to give it more power.. and it did well on my carpet and rugs in the livingroom.. which btw I thought were clean but within minutes the dust container was half full...:eek:...It's very quiet compared to my big powerful Miele, so I wasn't expecting the strength of power from it given it is so quiet...

Anyway I've got it on charge now.. so we'll see what it's like once it's full charged..

I've also attached some little rubber stick-on protectors to the wall in the kitchen behind the door where the kitchen handle hits the wall when the door sticks and I have to push hard to open it.. . While I was at it, I thought why not stick one in the 2 bathrooms, both have tiled walls and one handle hits the wall , and in the other bathroom the door hits the towel rail..so they're super protective. Clear, small, thick and rubberised and they can be taken off and washed if needed, and leave no residue on the surfaces..

Last edited:
Holly glad the vac is doing it's job. I too will order those stick on things, I have one door that hits a cabinet in the small bedroom.

Waiting for it to warm up a bit and then will head outside to do some yard work, need to remove two perennials that were what I call "surprise" plants. End of year sale with no tag so I took a chance, they grew over 5 feet high in what is supposed to be a short perennial border.

My plans for today are just to get some rest. It's only 10:30 am where I live and I am all ready to take a nap. The last few days have been busy but in a good way. My nephew's daughter, my great-niece, her hubby and 2 daughters drove up from Georgia to visit. We went out to dinner and my daughter and her family came also. Believe me when I tell you a lot of throwing kisses going around. We had dinner outside the restaurant and it was wonderful. Now the old lady needs to take a nap.

Was a beautiful day out......did i spend time out there......nope, not much.
Saw an advertisement on Facebook......Diamond Painting.
Surfed and found some sites.
Came to the conclusion that it may be an expensive hobby......time wasted.

Did the countdown on the arrival of my " LOVE " 4 weeks.........you might be getting bored of this countdown update......yes.....no??????

Going to put a firecracker under my butt tomorrow....to start a new week of outside happenings.

Was a beautiful day out......did i spend time out there......nope, not much.
Saw an advertisement on Facebook......Diamond Painting.
Surfed and found some sites.
Came to the conclusion that it may be an expensive hobby......time wasted.

Did the countdown on the arrival of my " LOVE " 4 weeks.........you might be getting bored of this countdown update......yes.....no??????

Going to put a firecracker under my butt tomorrow....to start a new week of outside happenings.
No, not bored of the countdown because j’aime l’amour :love:

It's not sad, Jules and MickaC. It's part of the healing process. I think a lot of healing takes place when one is asleep -- at least that's been what I've been told most of my life. So it's actually a good thing. Tomorrow is a new day, and I plan to be awake for it! I'm done with treatment finally, and next is tests to see how well it worked. I expect the results to be excellent.

Mile swim. Worked for a while. Went out for lunch and to clean/vacuum my car. I'm in charge of dinner tonight so will soon be going out to shop, then home again to cook. Perfect day here, bright sunshine, 70s, no humidity. I know the planet is doomed and all that but it's hard to tell today.

Deb......you're even starting to call stuff junk.....should some stuff be better off going to a dumpster.
Are you really attached to 100% of all your stuff.
Some people who are attached to their stuff but don't need it or, to be honest, pay much attention to it, take pictures of it and then give it away or toss it. Often, they decide by figuring out when the last time they used it was. It's been a year (except for used seasonal stuff), time to go!

Today, I replaced the drive and deck belts on my riding mower. The deck belt was easy...especially as I had to remove the deck to get to the drive belt. This drive belt, however, was a major task....I can see why the dealer wanted over $200 to do it. Finally, after almost 4 hours, and the use of some words I hadn't used in years, I got the mower back together and working.

I think I'm getting too old for some of this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back