What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know her husband is complaining about us not wanting to go. He told her it was because we didn't like his Mom and sister. If I didn't like them then why would we have spent every Holiday together since my daughter married him? People are crazy.
In my view, you shouldn't need any reason or excuse, if you simply prefer not to go out this year, and/or, if you do not want to do it that way, this time, at present.
There could be so many reasons you don't feel like it right now, or that you and your huz, would prefer to just stay at home this year.
I wish others would accept it easier, that we should not be obligated to do things a certain way, every time and forever.

Today I'm wondering what I did wrong. My daughter was yelling at me because I don't want to go to her MIL's for Thanksgiving dinner. We usually share all the holidays together. This year I am having some medical issues and would just prefer to stay home. Plus the fact that some of them haven't gotten the vaccination. They always loved the Wedding soup I would make and I am still sending it to them. His mother never sent leftovers to her kids she would just throw the food away in the garbage except for the soup. I guess I am a B^^^ch.

Don't let 'em bully you into going if you don't want to. Several years ago I gave in and went somewhere I didn't want to go for Christmas, and it was absolutely awful. Worst Christmas of my life. I vowed then that NEVER AGAIN would I go somewhere I didn't want to go just because somebody is pressuring me to do it! My feelings are just as important as theirs.

In my view, you shouldn't need any reason or excuse, if you simply prefer not to go out this year, and/or, if you do not want to do it that way, this time, at present.
There could be so many reasons you don't feel like it right now, or that you and your huz, would prefer to just stay at home this year.
I wish others would accept it easier, that we should not be obligated to do things a certain way, every time and forever.

I HATE that families (including my own) put all that pressure on us to do something we don't want to do. Since when was "no" not sufficient?? It's really very rude of them to pressure you like that. Remember it is them being rude and disrespectful, not you.

Good morning, boys and girls. Are we all in our places with bright shiny faces?

I'm over my 8-cylinder snit from my birthday. I'm over waffling about the maybe-I-shouldn't-leave-the-biscuit shop. Only two more days to work at the biscuit shop...just Friday and Saturday and I'm outta there and will finally feel safe again. Every day it's "I wish these folks would mask up" or "Is anybody here packing?" I don't know which is worse, wondering if another employee is Covid positive or wondering if another employee is carrying a concealed weapon.

Instead I'm busy being overwhelmed with what seems like reams of paperwork involved in the new bakery job. Honestly! If it's not one thing, it's another. (DD says "If it's not one thing, it's your mother.") I think it's the online stuff that makes me squirrelly. In case I haven't mentioned it, I'm missing the technology gene. Hey, we all have a talent. IT isn't mine!

So. After I fertilize the new grass and spread weed & feed on the old grass and water it all in, and go grocery shopping with DD, I've got studying to do. On Tuesday, I go back for the other half of orientation.

Then there's all the Thanksgiving prep stuff...a cheesecake to be made Tuesday, pumpkin and cherry pies on Wednesday, peeling/boiling/mashing potatoes on Wednesday.

The brandied cranberries? Those are done🥃and in the fridge hiding behind some other stuff to keep them safe from DSIL. He'd get a spoon and eat them all before Thursday gets here😁 Brandied cranberries are proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy:giggle:

Update on Thursdays activity https://www.seniorforums.com/threads/what-are-you-doing-today.52185/post-1919973

Our friend arrives on time. We are ready to go and he forgets something in his car. He broke the handle off and the care was locked! We tried for 1/2 hour with a coat hanger, screw driver...pliers, no good. We load the washer with no problem in 10 minutes. He calls his partner at work in Columbia (20 miles away) to get her key, then Misa and him drive to go get it. When they get back he can't unlock the passenger side door to get out. It never has done that before! She has to unlock the door with a key from the outside...........weird.

Well, I am sitting here trying to get myself motivated to go to the grocery store. I am not hosting Turkey Day dinner, but need to buy stuff for the dish I am bringing. Should not be too bad...I hope.
Hope your shopping trip is easy, Marie... I loath going to the store this time of year

I'm enjoying a YouTube video of Jacqueline du Pre playing an Elgar cello concerto with orchestra. She is very graceful, almost like a ballerina in her movements. For me, that's one of the pleasures of watching a performance with the orchestra...the visual component added to the audio. The synchronized movement of the bows on the string instruments, the rise and dip of the woodwinds, the concentration and focused body language of each member of the orchestra.

Just chores, kitchen and my bedroom. Getting my booster and flu shots late this afternoon. Aidan is being groomed today (professionally). It costs a bundle, so I'm glad winter is here (in spirit), so his hair can grow longer to keep him warm. He has taken to sleeping on the tile floor in the bathroom, so I don't think he's cold. Although I do want to cover him up when I'm cold, I don't do it.

I have a lot of catching up to do....wash, load the dishwasher, iron, water my houseplants, color my hair.
That's just inside!
I'll take a walk outside and see what needs attention and handle that too.

I have a steak marinating in worchestire sauce for dinner w/some cheese and spinach tortellini, so it'll all be worth it. :)

And, the sun is shining today.

Today we had an early Christmas lunch with some friends who live a couple hundred miles away and my Daughter met us there too .

I had to drive 120 miles round trip , our friends did the same from where they live and we had lunch at a waterside pub mid- way between us. First time I'd been to this particular Gastro pub and its set just outside a little village on the canal side.
From where I live it was about 40 miles motorway and then off piste for about 20 miles through some of the most beautiful villages and farmland to get to where the pub was situated.
We got there early before noon, and so while we were waiting for friends to arrive , I took the opportunity to take some photos indoors because they'd decorated for Christmas.. and also while it was empty inside of people . Within 20 mins of our arrival the pub which seats about 100 or more was full , so I did right to get my pics when I did... (y)
It's a real old building as most pubs are , but the scenery from outside is pretty

... altho' it was bitterly cold it was gloriously sunny, so I took the opportunity to take photos outside..., and just minutes after we all sat down at the table to order lunch, it SNOWED.. seriously.. it snowed, can you believe ?

it didn't settle for long tho' but the skies stayed grey and full of snow , and then a few hours later when I was driving home, the traffic was very heavy , and I got stuck in a long traffic jam on the motorway in the dark after there'd been an accident , and while I was sitting in the jam shunting forward in the dark an inch at a time , it snowed again.. ! Sheesh!!:eek: ( passed the accident eventually people looked ok, car was messed up pretty badly tho')

I was extremely lucky to get my pics first.. just another 30 minutes later arriving and it would have been impossible... ( I'll add some to the photo thread later but for now..who would have thought that minutes after I'd stopped taking these pics the sky would be heavy with snow.. ?

Bridge-exterios-wide-shot-HD.jpg

boats-waterbeach-HD.jpg

excuse my shadow ...

Last edited:
Today was Great! We had nice weather, so I got the leaf blower out and cleared some more leaves from the yard. Then, I watched the Chiefs win against Dallas. My wife made a nice Supper....Italian sausage, and Fettucine, and topped it with a big slice of homemade apple pie. Then, I watched the latest episode of Yellowstone. Now, some Internet time, and playing a little online poker, before I go outdoors at bedtime, and load up the wood furnace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back