What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was a beautiful sunny day, I couldn't go out so instead I trimmed the tops and side of some tall hedging right and left of the garden.. then I filled the bird feeders, and the hedgehogs water bowls.

Then I have a big garden storage box that sits behind the barn, which pretty much gets ignored year round. I keep it covered with a tarp to make it waterproof, and on top of it lies the sack truck
cre200__50224__53869.1508512511.jpg
which I noticed had perforated tyres.. so I took that off, found the tarp underneath had also rotted, removed that.. looked in the box to see what the estranged O/H kept in there.. tidied everything up.. replaced the old tarp with a nice new one.., and set the sack truck aside to be taken to the Waste Site...

I sawed the garden edging with a hacksaw.. very easy to do thankfully.. and if it's nice tomorrow I'll be attempting to fit some new edging

Tonight I Roasted chicken thighs.. for dinner with buttery mashed spuds, and Mange Tout... ( Peas lol)...and I had strawberries 🍓 🍓and cream for afters...I deserved it..:LOL:

Not done a great deal this morning. Put some ant granules into the ants nest to try and kill them off for good. I keep dusting the trails with powder but they keep returning, so trying the grains in the nest and the powder around the nest this time..

Got my arthritic plug puller attachments .. this morning, so I've been labelling them with the various items in the Barn ..lamp, De-humidifier, all the electric tools etc.. .. it's mainly in the barn that I have the problem because I have to stretch over the bench to reach the gang socket, and the plugs, and I just can't grip.. so hence the attached pullers to make it easier and safer for me now my fingers on my right hand are making it ever harder to grip.,

On my early walk this morning at 6:30 did my version of' Singing in The Rain' as I walked 3 blocks to buy NYT
This evening,I'm going with a church friend, who invited me to go with her to Kleinhans Music Hall{home of Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra} for annual Memorial Day concert The last time I was there was in April at a 10:30 am concert
This will be the highlight of my day

Spent the morning and early afternoon with my older granddaughter, taking her out to eat and then a trip to the library. She's nine years old but reads like a champ with inflection and style. She found a book about the Library Fish and read me the whole thing. (Slight disagreement on how to pronounce "bookmobile"--ahem ahem =P) Her mother, meanwhile, took younger granddaughter with her shopping and we both arrived back at their apartment within a couple min. of each other. Younger granddaughter, being autistic, is going to need to see me on a more consistent basis for me to be a part of her world... that's one reason it's time to retire, to have time to invest in these precious lives =)

This morning I had to attend Fordingbridge clinic for a fourth Covid booster. The ladies were very complimentary about my appearance. Hawaiian aloha shirts, it seems, are as rare as two tone shoes in Fordingbridge. As for fedora hats, last time one of those made an appearance was when Indiana Jones was re-run on TV.
shoes 25.jpggreen shirt & trousers 005.JPG
Fedora Green.jpgold photos 003.JPG
But they became very excited when I suggested that they look out of the window. There in the car park was my vintage MG.
Later I took the car on a trip around the forest, on a sunny day like today, the forest draws in lots of tourists. My MG must have been photographed a dozen times at least. Always a crowd pleaser.

I spent about 4 hours mowing part of the yard today. I haven't been able to mow for about 3 weeks, with all the wet weather we've had, so it was almost like cutting hay. I figure it will take all weekend to do it all...between how high it is, and trimming around all the trees. Oh, well, we Never go anywhere on these holiday weekends, so this will occupy my "holiday". With these ridiculous gas prices, I will probably blow $20 worth of gas before I'm done.

Had to have the cat put down today.

We had her 19 years, so she had a long good life, still hard to do.
How I hate that wretched needle, we said goodbye to Lulu last year, she too was 19, or thereabouts. It's never easy, even when, like a previous cat, they pass away naturally, but at least there's some dignity in that rather than the vet's needle and then a bill for the euphemistically described: "Euthanasia."

May you remember all the treasured moments, the funny moments and best of all the loving moments. Cats are so independent, but then again, that's their appeal.

Today I made a 80 mile round trip to pick up a 20' steel culvert that I saw on FBMP for $100. They run $800 new, so was pretty happy with that. Will use it in back of the shop for drainage, that has been making due with a ditch. Li'l Bit, and I are back in the shop this afternoon, sanding and sealing some wood for the garage door trolley mounting system. Wild flowers are popping up everywhere. Gotta love springtime.

I spent about 4 hours mowing part of the yard today. I haven't been able to mow for about 3 weeks, with all the wet weather we've had, so it was almost like cutting hay. I figure it will take all weekend to do it all...between how high it is, and trimming around all the trees. Oh, well, we Never go anywhere on these holiday weekends, so this will occupy my "holiday". With these ridiculous gas prices, I will probably blow $20 worth of gas before I'm done.
I also have another hay crop to mow in my backyard.....got the front done yesterday.....we've had so many days of rain as well....i refuse to mow the back without the grass bag.....did that once last year.....NEVER again.....too many little feet that bring in grass clippings in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back