What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Monday is a holiday in the U.S. (Memorial Day), I took a pot of artificial flowers to the family plot. My dad already had a flag placed (I think the local veterans do that). The groundskeeper had mowed, but did not trim between the headstones which makes it look worse. Good think I carry hedge trimmers and a whisk broom in the car. Dusted off the headstones, which had accumulated a lot of debris on them. As long as I had to go downtown, I did some shopping and picked up a book at the library.
It sounds like you are always prepared!
Up to Publix and got a few groceries. Made a coffee run on the way home and that’s my day..:LOL:
Sounds good to me!

Hope to get baking done today.
Then flowers on our parents graves.

Hubby & helper are getting truck ready to go to our son's for long weekend.
Pack truck ,, leave sometime tomorrow morning.

Hope everyone stays safe if traveling over the weekend.;)
Have an enjoyable weekend.

Plan on being back June 3,,,,,unless we can't buy fuel for the truck. :eek:
R.jpg
Safe travels!

Well so far today's been quite a productive one. Firstly took delivery of 4 parcels from the postman..one of which was my new Moon Phase picture... which I've put up over the mantle (y)

Then I washed all my windows downstairs inside and out despite the high winds today... then I hung new curtains on both livingroom windows..

Have now washed and dried the older curtains.. and have also washed 4 pairs of Trainers.. as well

Then Monterey wanted to update on My Mac, and I know from bitter experience if I let it update itself it causes a lot of problems ...so I did it myself before it got to tonight when it was due.. that way I could control the way it downloaded, preventing it from screwing up my computer.. (thankfully remembered my o/h's instructions)

..THEN.. .. Discovery+ needed updating on my TV package..God alone knows why out of 1000 Channels does Discovery plus keep signing out every couple of months but it does.. so I had to find a password and code for that.. a real PITB.. because the P/W and username belongs to the estranged O/H.. so I contacted him, and he gave it to me..*Phew*...

... The 2 recycle bins have just been emptied so I'm about to go and fetch those in.... and it's still only 3.35 pm...
Wow! I need some of your energy! Maybe you could bottle it...make a fortune! 💰

Off to the vet this morning, for every ones checkup and vaccines.
Won't be a good trip for my wee girl, Shaalee......she needed to go out at 1am, 3:30am and at 5am, she was having a bout of diarrhea.
I just gave her a small bit for breakfast, then she went out again, her stool was better.
Must have found something out in the yard to eat, she wasn't supposed to.
See what she's like at the vet......may not get her shots today.

Off to the vet this morning, for every ones checkup and vaccines.
Won't be a good trip for my wee girl, Shaalee......she needed to go out at 1am, 3:30am and at 5am, she was having a bout of diarrhea.
I just gave her a small bit for breakfast, then she went out again, her stool was better.
Must have found something out in the yard to eat, she wasn't supposed to.
See what she's like at the vet......may not get her shots today.
I hope she got whatever it was out of her system and is better now.

Going shopping this afternoon today with Sonny. Need some rabbit food (spring mix and bananas) and a few other things. Doing some house cleaning before that. Trying to get a hold of the dental office today. Tried all day yesterday and they didn't even have a voice mail to leave a message. Hopefully, today someone will pick up their phone.

Up early as usual.

Cooked some lentils to add to pasta sauce.

Was out the door at 5:00am for my walk.

Next stop, the farmers market to buy Memorial Day pots for the cemetery.

I made the rounds of the cemeteries and was home by 8:00am.

All three cemeteries looked rough and unkempt this year. It’s surprising to me that they are having trouble finding people to mow for $20.00/hour and to trim for $25.00/hour. Years ago there were snowbirds that looked forward to summer employment in the cemetery. Times may not be as bad on Main Street as they are reporting in the evening news.

Off to ALDI for a few groceries.

Yesterday as I was going to start my mid-morning walk, ran into friend of mine,who was going the same direction. We walked 3 blocks, the 1st time I've walked that far without pain. When I got back iced the knee
This morning on my early walk went 2 blocks to but some milk,the sun was up,a bit breezy, birds chirping When I came back watered the plants/flowers in our garden
My plan this morning wash my wooden blinds on living room windows with Murphy's oil soap,hope to take another walk before the rain comes this afternoon,no other plans usual read NYT,local paper

I just made a doctor's appointment for my husband 🐐....he might have COVID. Not only is he really, really sick, but he may have cracked several ribs last Saturday. Coughing hurts like hell!

I have another sinus infection, but no fever. So, it looks like another day of laying around.

Sometimes the Golden Years seem a bit rusty! 😂

I just made a doctor's appointment for my husband 🐐....he might have COVID. Not only is he really, really sick, but he may have cracked several ribs last Saturday. Coughing hurts like hell!

I have another sinus infection, but no fever. So, it looks like another day of laying around.

Sometimes the Golden Years seem a bit rusty! 😂
((( for you both )))) .🤗

Yesterday as I was going to start my mid-morning walk, ran into friend of mine,who was going the same direction. We walked 3 blocks, the 1st time I've walked that far without pain. When I got back iced the knee
This morning on my early walk went 2 blocks to but some milk,the sun was up,a bit breezy, birds chirping When I came back watered the plants/flowers in our garden
My plan this morning wash my wooden blinds on living room windows with Murphy's oil soap,hope to take another walk before the rain comes this afternoon,no other plans usual read NYT,local paper
Awesome! I'm glad to hear that you were able to go so far! Maybe a walking buddy is just what you need. 🚶

More work getting my new raised garden beds ready to go! If it ever stops raining, I will actually get them outside with dirt and plants in them....Memorial Day is supposed to be real nice...so I will be ready!

I am doing some much needed paperwork for work at home today as when I am at work that sort of stuff gets put to the wayside when meeting with patients and clients. So I suppose I am being somewhat productive today. I will also venture out to pick up a few things at the store and wait for the hubby to come home from work and make dinner. Then he will probably watch the New York Rangers hockey game while I do something else.

I am doing some much needed paperwork for work at home today as when I am at work that sort of stuff gets put to the wayside when meeting with patients and clients. So I suppose I am being somewhat productive today. I will also venture out to pick up a few things at the store and wait for the hubby to come home from work and make dinner. Then he will probably watch the New York Rangers hockey game while I do something else.
A nice wife you are....! Your hubby should take you to a Broadway Show to thank you for all you do....! Tell him I said so...I have been married to the love of my life for over 50 years....

Thank goodness for in-house tech support (also known as middle son😋). I got a new iPad and was trying to figure out how to load my Words with Friends game Such a simple thing but beyond this computer challenged 60-something!

Got 3rd dog in for his check up, shots and meds. Man, that was a job, he is my big boy. And he gained weight, now 88lbs. The physicals are done, now two need a tooth cleaning and two need the groomer. Still feel like I am raising a child, this is some expensive puppy love. At least they don't need clothes, video games or music lessons.

Got 3rd dog in for his check up, shots and meds. Man, that was a job, he is my big boy. And he gained weight, now 88lbs. The physicals are done, now two need a tooth cleaning and two need the groomer. Still feel like I am raising a child, this is some expensive puppy love. At least they don't need clothes, video games or music lessons.
Thanks for telling us your update, and especially that you managed with your big one, as well as the other two. Good job!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back