What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok..another thing added for the day... it's now 9.15pm, and I've just got back from doing the weekly shop.. It's almost dark and it's pouring of rain, which meant the supermarket and the supermarket car park was almost empty...fabulous. However so were the shelves..I've never seen so many empty shelves since the beginning of Covid..:oops:😲 ....they had no other size tomato Ketchup other than HUGE . ( Tesco)

As I walked around I was surprised to see in the whole supermarket only one shelf filler working..looks to me like they just had no stock to refill.... The freezers just had ice cream and Meat free food.. barely anything else..
..nor did they have kitchen paper, or loo rolls ( except very cheap ones)... not that I needed the latter thank the lord..

On the way back I took a detour into Aldi, and fortunately ..altho' they had no fresh produce except grapes.. I was able to get some German ham... and milk...

Now I just got off the phone with a cousin of mine. He is always doing research on family history. After almost an hour he told me strange things that I didn't know before because my Dad's side of the family hated us. He said we are related to Jimmy Kimmel, which he told me over100 times before, but he also told me about an Uncle that had sexual relationships with his own daughters and some of my other female cousins. Thank God nobody on that side of the family liked me my Mom and my brother and sister.

I put in window screens today and made a Crustless Coconut Pie.

Impossibly Easy Coconut Pie | Recipe | Coconut pie, Coconut custard pie ...

funny saturday memes

Bella✌️
Recipe please, not all like coconut but I love it!!

I'm still trying to clear out all the stuff in the house, my feet get more tired than the rest of me.
Heard from the real estate agent that the almost-owners get a pre-closing walkthrough tomorrow. I thought I'd be all done clearing stuff out and would be cleaning this week but I terribly underestimated how long it takes, so the house is not at all clean (except for the new light fixture the electrician put in this morning).
I started on changing my address, got the driver's license done and a bank and a credit card, also arranged for the phone/internet to be turned off next week. I'm probably forgetting something.
Discovered that car registration's address change cannot be done online in Nebraska, so need to make an in-person visit somewhere tomorrow.

The doctor's office called an said I'd been approved (by insurance) for a Prolia shot since they did a Welcome-to-Medicare dexascan and found that I have osteoporosis. I sure hope I don't get any weird side effects. Has anyone here gotten a Prolia shot?

Recipe please, not all like coconut but I love it!!
Here ya go! @Blessed :)

Sometimes, to switch it up, I'll toss some chocolate chips into the bottom of the pie dish before pouring in the ingredients, or top the cooled pie with some melted chocolate and almonds for a “Mounds” or “Almond Joy” variation. If you like tropical flavors, you can top the cooled pie with crushed pineapple and an extra sprinkling of coconut for a taste similar to a Piña Colada.

Crustless Coconut Pie

Ingredients:

• 4 large eggs
  • 1 cup granulated white sugar
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose or gluten free flour
  • 2 cups whole milk (I substituted coconut milk)
  • 6 tablespoons melted butter at room temp
  • 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut (you can use sweetened or unsweetened)
Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

1 - Butter a 9" pie dish
2 - Place all the ingredients into a blender (except flour and coconut)
3 - Blend on high speed for 1 minute
4 - Add flour and blend 30 seconds
5 - Add coconut and blend 5 seconds
6 - Pour into the pie dish and cook for 50-60 minutes

Let the pie cool to room temperature (1 hour) before cutting.

Bella ✌️

Here ya go! @Blessed :)

Sometimes, to switch it up, I'll toss some chocolate chips into the bottom of the pie dish before pouring in the ingredients, or top the cooled pie with some melted chocolate and almonds for a “Mounds” or “Almond Joy” variation. If you like tropical flavors, you can top the cooled pie with crushed pineapple and an extra sprinkling of coconut for a taste similar to a Piña Colada.

Crustless Coconut Pie

Ingredients:

• 4 large eggs
  • 1 cup granulated white sugar
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose or gluten free flour
  • 2 cups whole milk (I substituted coconut milk)
  • 6 tablespoons melted butter at room temp
  • 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut (you can use sweetened or unsweetened)
Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

1 - Butter a 9" pie dish
2 - Place all the ingredients into a blender (except flour and coconut)
3 - Blend on high speed for 1 minute
4 - Add flour and blend 30 seconds
5 - Add coconut and blend 5 seconds
6 - Pour into the pie dish and cook for 50-60 minutes

Let the pie cool to room temperature (1 hour) before cutting.

Bella ✌️
THANK YOU, can't wait to make this. Best part, I live alone so it will be all mine!

It's been an archetypal English spring day..Black as coal one minute with heavy rain, and glorious sun the next. I'm staying home today.. not doing anything outside , at least no plans for that.. rain is expected off and on all day.

Had the ''Oirish travellers'' knock the door this morning and ask if they could trim my trees,... No thanks.. I've seen the hacking mess they've made in the past..

Been doing some cleaning up of photo files on my computer, so much to do I could easily spend more than a week on this alone.. but I have come across some great pics I've taken , and forgotten about..so get ready for me to post a lot in the next day or 3 ... :ROFLMAO:

Just been and got a cuppa char and some toast with Orkney crab for lunch ... yummmmmmy...

Early this morning around 6:30, I was outside watering some of the plants/flowers in our community garden.I'm a member of our garden committee, this my 'job' been doing it the past 4 yrs. As the weather gets warmer, I'm sure I'll be doing more. The birds were out chirping
This morning I'll be calling Canopy of Neighbors members to see how they are. I usually call on Mon but had a dr's appt yesterday.I told them last wk I'd be calling today
BTW, yesterday saw orhtopedic surgeon's PA, Jacob nice guy,young 24, gave me a corotisone shot which I'd never had before,hopefully this will decrease the swelling&pain. I see him again end of Sept
The rest of my day resting the knee, read NYT/local paper, read my book

Early this morning around 6:30, I was outside watering some of the plants/flowers in our community garden.I'm a member of our garden committee, this my 'job' been doing it the past 4 yrs. As the weather gets warmer, I'm sure I'll be doing more. The birds were out chirping
This morning I'll be calling Canopy of Neighbors members to see how they are. I usually call on Mon but had a dr's appt yesterday.I told them last wk I'd be calling today
BTW, yesterday saw orhtopedic surgeon's PA, Jacob nice guy,young 24, gave me a corotisone shot which I'd never had before,hopefully this will decrease the swelling&pain. I see him again end of Sept
The rest of my day resting the knee, read NYT/local paper, read my book
Good news about the cortisone shot, hopefully that will keep you pain free for a good long time...

Garbage bin to the curb.....actually i put it out the nite before, because most often they start pick up very early.
Taking my wee girl, Shaalee, to her grooming appointment this morning, time for a summer cut.
Got my backyard lawn mowed yesterday, finally, was so thick and juicy from all the rain, but it's done.
Gave my spare bedroom a good vacuuming, since the futon was picked up Sunday, got my sewing machines and tables in place.
Going to bring up 3 storage ottomans from downstairs, and put them in that room, will post them for sale.

Started my day by planting tomato starts instead of going to the pool. There is a mandatory Senior Companion meeting this morning so I don't have too much time.

I am so pleased with my small garden that is completely fenced including the roof. Keeping the squirrels and cats out is a challenge. The whole garden is in pots because I am a renter. I really hope the zucchini does well this year. I moved the garden so it has more sun. Last year I didn't get any zucchini. 🙁

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back