What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garbage bin to the curb.....actually i put it out the nite before, because most often they start pick up very early.
Taking my wee girl, Shaalee, to her grooming appointment this morning, time for a summer cut.
Got my backyard lawn mowed yesterday, finally, was so thick and juicy from all the rain, but it's done.
Gave my spare bedroom a good vacuuming, since the futon was picked up Sunday, got my sewing machines and tables in place.
Going to bring up 3 storage ottomans from downstairs, and put them in that room, will post them for sale.
My goodness, you are industrious! 👏

I built some bookcases with cabinets on the bottom to store misc cooking items that don't fit in the kitchen cabinets. This afternoon, I'll be painting them. They're huge, so it's going to be a multi-day job. I hope to have them completed and installed by Memorial Day.

Well, its been an adventure lately. Last Friday the power was out after a late night storm. Also a telephone pole inspector cut our fiber optic cable and we lost the internet. AT&T came out and rigged up a "temporary" line that took about 4 hours.

Then, yesterday morning, when a crew came to reinstall the permanent line, they cut the temporary cable when trenching. So they laid the new cable, but we had to wait for a new tech to come to connect both of the lines.

Today, waiting on the HVAC man to come with the new units to store in the garage till the storm that we are supposed to get tonight to pass so he can install one unit (they put in one unit at a time so you aren't without A/C).

Two hour stress test done early this morning.
I did the tread mill .
Had 2 chest scans.

Walked out to get in car , wondering where did hubby park it.
He had a dental appointment this morning.

Looking around the parking spaces, spy him bend over fussing with rear tire.
'What's happening?'

'Got a flat tire, just now got it to take air,, had to jack the tire up.'

Now I'm wondering if yesterday, when I drove to my appointment 30 miles away ,,,if tire was flat than?

I had a window open & at one time I thought it sounded like a flat tire.

Tire up to 26 some pounds air pressure & home we go.

He checked tire after lunch still up.

Two hour stress test done early this morning.
I did the tread mill .
Had 2 chest scans.

Walked out to get in car , wondering where did hubby park it.
He had a dental appointment this morning.

Looking around the parking spaces, spy him bend over fussing with rear tire.
'What's happening?'

'Got a flat tire, just now got it to take air,, had to jack the tire up.'

Now I'm wondering if yesterday, when I drove to my appointment 30 miles away ,,,if tire was flat than?

I had a window open & at one time I thought it sounded like a flat tire.

Tire up to 26 some pounds air pressure & home we go.

He checked tire after lunch still up.
what type of tyre do you have...26 PSI is quite low.. usual recommendation is for between 31 & 35

Hey Holly. Somebody had to turn the screwdriver to get to the battery.. 😇 I have a spare battery and another camera outdoors. Keep the spare charged and ready to go.
I do the same.. I have 2 Video doorbells as I said.. the one on the Gate has to have the battery changed with the screwdriver, that's sooo fiddly, and I've dropped that tiny screw a couple of times in the grass. now I take a handy extendable magnet out with me... but the one on the front door, doesn't need a screw to be undone, it's just a quick slip it out and change it over.. and like you I keep them all charged and ready to exchange :D

Dog #2 to the vet for yearly checkup everything good, got heartworm meds. That's two down and one to go. #3 to go on Thursday. This is the one that makes me nervous. He weighs 80lbs and is not shy about trying to run if he sees something interesting. Last year, he took off after a squirrel, did not catch it but just kept going. Probably took me an hour, in the heat to catch him. The lesson I learned is to not take him out of car outside, pull into the garage and close the door.

Had to make two calls today, both of which were customer service-related. The wait times for each call were almost punishing but I refused to hang up. I started at 8:30a and finally had both issues resolved 2.5 hours later. Then it was on to housework and other chores. Made lunch then later some dinner. Took the dog for an hour-long walk down a few country roads just admiring the scenery including deer grazing in the distance. Nice day.

I went to see my 4th gastroenterologist today. He's the only one that has ordered some tests and blood work for my bloating. I'm was shocked and impressed w/his doctoring...

He recommended something natural for my bloating, and that was peppermint oil capsules.
I'm eager to try them. Looking forward to some relief.

Well so far today's been quite a productive one. Firstly took delivery of 4 parcels from the postman..one of which was my new Moon Phase picture... which I've put up over the mantle (y)

Then I washed all my windows downstairs inside and out despite the high winds today... then I hung new curtains on both livingroom windows..

Have now washed and dried the older curtains.. and have also washed 4 pairs of Trainers.. as well

Then Monterey wanted to update on My Mac, and I know from bitter experience if I let it update itself it causes a lot of problems ...so I did it myself before it got to tonight when it was due.. that way I could control the way it downloaded, preventing it from screwing up my computer.. (thankfully remembered my o/h's instructions)

..THEN.. .. Discovery+ needed updating on my TV package..God alone knows why out of 1000 Channels does Discovery plus keep signing out every couple of months but it does.. so I had to find a password and code for that.. a real PITB.. because the P/W and username belongs to the estranged O/H.. so I contacted him, and he gave it to me..*Phew*...

... The 2 recycle bins have just been emptied so I'm about to go and fetch those in.... and it's still only 3.35 pm...

Awful weather this afternoon. Heavy showers, thunder and quite windy. Took a load of empties to the bottle bank, made a casserole for this evening's dinner and did a bit of a jigsaw. Looked easy, but is proving challenging.
beautiful day here, but high winds... I had to find a 'fine saw' in the barn to help me saw the plastic border edging.. which I'll do another day when there's no wind.. won't be my finest hour I suspect, cuz sawing isn't my forte but it's a job that needs to be done..if I can do it...
71Z-qy6x3RL._AC_UL320_.jpg

Busy seeing patients but below is a memory that came up on Facebook and it’s one of my faves so I thought I’d share…

You know your kids have been raised in a home comfortable with all-things-Jane Austen when u bemoan having to pour ur hot tea in a paper cup to take to the office and one son quips, " well, necessity over propriety!" 😄

This morning started out with a misty drizzle. We went into town for Dio's deep cleaning appointment with the dentist, even though he is still sick. When we got there, he told them that he had a temp of 102*....so they rescheduled his appointment (no surprise there!). Next was a stop at a different office to pay a bill. I needed just a few things from the grocery store, so we stopped there. Next, we picked up a pizza and headed home. We got back before 11:00, and the sun was trying to break through the clouds.

Right now, we are having our coffee and pizza. The rest of the day we are both planning on just laying around and taking it easy.

Since Monday is a holiday in the U.S. (Memorial Day), I took a pot of artificial flowers to the family plot. My dad already had a flag placed (I think the local veterans do that). The groundskeeper had mowed, but did not trim between the headstones which makes it look worse. Good think I carry hedge trimmers and a whisk broom in the car. Dusted off the headstones, which had accumulated a lot of debris on them. As long as I had to go downtown, I did some shopping and picked up a book at the library.

I was very upset and angry all morning & early afternoon over the latest shootings. I went out, sat in sun, read my book, took a walk, socialized with people I know, came home, son & grandson FaceTimed me; I spilled coffee all over my white shirt! Cleaned it off. Am feeling better, more in control now. The killing of young children is overwhelming, but my falling apart won't help anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back