What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recovering from a bout of diverticulitis.
Would not wish the pain of that on anyone.

Not only was it painful to be on the toilet,, but both ends were busy.
To top off the circus ,, I was vomiting into the a plastic bag.

When that was done it was nap time,,,,long naps.
Liquid diet ,, I think again today.
Prayers for a quick and lasting recovery, @Sliverfox That is miserable! 😕

Remember I said I get paid the same whether I work fast or slow? Yeah. Well, as much as it went against my grain, today I did the slow version. Not dawdling, mind you, working steadily just not knocking myself out. Did everything get done? Nope. When I left, supervisor was packaging the breads I baked. Tsk, tsk. I'm off tomorrow. If our student works tomorrow, guess he'll do it.

This afternoon I moved the outside storage box from one side of the back door to the other side of the patio. I've been thinking about doing it for a while, and as we know, a job well thought over is half done.

News flash. Half done my eye! It took three hours. Had to dig up a spot for it, then move it off the pavers it was set on, move the pavers to the spot I dug up and level them, then empty the box because it was too heavy to move...move empty box, put all the stuff back in it, clean up the mess. The storage box is 2 1/2 ft wide by 4 ft long by 2 1/2 ft high. The pavers were heavier than the box, and there were six of them.

Am I done yet? The lion's share of the weeds are gone. Storage box moved. Annnnd my walk-around in the garden revealed...you guessed it...new weeds.

I think I'm being punished for sins in a former life.

Remember I said I get paid the same whether I work fast or slow? Yeah. Well, as much as it went against my grain, today I did the slow version. Not dawdling, mind you, working steadily just not knocking myself out. Did everything get done? Nope. When I left, supervisor was packaging the breads I baked. Tsk, tsk. I'm off tomorrow. If our student works tomorrow, guess he'll do it.
About flippin' Time.... ^^^

Again...a lot of sleeping during the daylight hours but I did load and run the dishwasher. I also finished putting away the items I got yesterday, after labeling the supplements I store in the bottom storage cube. It makes it easier to find what I'm looking for. I continued purging with some items being donated, others getting tossed. I also reorganized my personal care products drawer. It felt good to get that done. I really need to do that with the remaining drawers.

We're supposed to have on and off rain showers today. Right now there's nothing showing up on radar. It's only supposed to be in the upper 70s/low 80s today. Yay.

As we know, the road to hell is paved with good intentions, and I have plenty of those.

The iris bed in front of the house needs to be cleaned up, and the iris beds in the garden need to be cleaned up, as do the daylily beds. And then there are those new weeds.

I need to plant some plugs of ground cover in the spot where the storage box was.

A few years back, DD planted a peach tree. It never did amount to much aside from having some pretty blossoms in spring. Whatever tiny peaches appeared were destroyed by squirrels. Now it's dying, and I feel like I should try to save it but don't want to. Another of my good intentions is to take it down. Not to worry! It's only about 6" in diameter so not a big hairy deal.

Anybody wanna lay odds on whether any or all of the above gets done today? Maybe some of these things fall into the job-well-thought-over-is-half-done category and need more thinking over. Or not. Maybe I just need to get my butt in gear and get 'er done.

Where is the Energizer Bunny (aka @hollydolly) when I need her?

I've got an appointment later this afternoon.. gotta go, but it will mean driving, and of course that causes pain because I drive a manual...

Sitting here now in a lot of pain.. which is why I'm spending so much time on the forum instead of getting on with the usual chores.. . I can wash up, and the laundry does itself.. altho' it was painful to bend and pull the washing out of the dryer yesterday . I'm really itching to get on with vaccing.. and gardening tbh.. now we've had the rain.. I need to clear up a little bit but it's hard.

I washed the bedding but now I find I can't stretch enough to put the fitted sheets on, so today I'll have to order some flat sheets..

1920214489dancing-baby2.gif
Gooooooooood morning!!! I slept from 1 a.m.until 6......that's 4 solid hours!!! Woo-hoo!!!

I don't need to run right out to beat the heat this morning....it's only 64°F (17.8°C), so I will be able to check fences, etc, after coffee and breakfast.

Andy is sitting here on the rug (of course!), waiting for his food dish. Unfortunately, he is going to be waiting longer than usual today. The poor guy has worms....so we might have to take him to the vet later. But I'm going to call the vet and see if Andy actually has to come in or if we can just pick up his medication. We have a good picture of the worm, so it can be identified....I guess it'll be up to them.

Other than that, it's a stay home day for me. Mostly, doing the usual...PT. But since it's cooler out and I don't have to worry about getting sweaty under my cast, maybe I can spend a little time outside today. We'll see!

The other day my lovely neighbour told me to look out later that night for the the big orange moon.
I said that I would, but then forgot, anyway, last night, I looked out of the window while swigging my tea, and there, high above, was half an orange moon.
Now everyone knows that the moon is made of cheese, and where there is cheese there are mice, so, I presume that millions of greedy mice on the moon are partial to red cheddar cheese. 😊

Oh, I nearly forgot again, tonight, depending on where you are, if it's a clear night, and you cast your eyes northwards, then you may see the Northern Lights.... I'll probably forget again. 😊

Doing better on recovering from intestine problems.
Still weak & shaky.
Not much interest in food,, but must cook as hubby probably tired of leftovers.

Hubby fell off his backhoe last night when the step broke.
His right shoulder landed on the cement floor,, had a hard time making his other shoulder / hand work.
The left shoulder had reverse should work done on it over 10 years.

He's been through rotor cuff surgery with right one 3 or 4 times already.
Needless to say he doesn't want another one done.

Well did not do the mopping or vacuuming. I did see a skunk! First one I have seen since I moved here! I believe she is young one who belongs to a family that lives under the shed. Surprised me and her! I was coming up the ramp and there she was on the other side of the ramp in front of the shed.

Did a trip to the dumpster and back. No walk today. Instead I did laundry and just finishing up now. Cleaned Rabbit's cage while I wait for the dryer to finish. Glad to be done with all that.

I like you, just trying to do the normal chores. Unloaded the dishwasher, cleaned the kitchen sink. Mine is white so I like to scrub it down with barkeepers to keep it pretty.

Next, do the floors, the never ending job because of the big dog. He sheds like crazy but it also very good at bringing in leaves after a run in the back yard. That fur is like a magnet for leaves.

I will say he is worth the aggravation, he is a very good dog and makes me feel safe. Truth be told, he would just knock down the criminal and lick there face until they peed their pants.

Okay, everything goes on hold, Tombstone just came on, I love a good western!

I'm still trying to decide whether to take a shower and go to the grocery store.. or put it off until tomorrow.
I am glad that I am not the only one that struggles to get out of the house. I did get it done yesterday. I even went to the mall to check out the clearance sale at Macys. Then I went to the grocery. Last night I was actually surprised my legs were sore from walking LOL

Well I went to my appointment which was at 4pm..left there at 4.45, and because I wasn't hurting too much, I decided as I was already out to go and pick up some stuff from the next nearest large town..
Got a few groceries.. and then also returned an item at the clothing store.., and exchanged it pretty much for a white 3/4 sleeve linen blouse..

Decided on the return journey I'd stop off at my favourite Chinese restaurant and get a take-away.. ( I know I'm on a diet, but hey I was in pain :sneaky:) up until then I'd been mobile with little pain, in fact ever since I;d left the house.... and so I sat down waiting for my order to be ready.. about 10 minutes.. and as he called it. and I stood up.. the PAIN shot through me, my legs nearly buckled under me and I still had 10 miles to drive home.. 😖... OMG.. I don't know why suddenly that happened when I;d been fairly fine since I left the house, drove to my appointment, fine in there.. fine driving over to the big town.. even fine walking around the 2 stores... then wham, for some reason after sitting for a few mins .. I could have fainted with the pain..

Anyway.. I managed to drive home..I took the country roads and drove at speed limit, no racing.. and got home ok.. even got the shopping out of the car without too much trouble.. so I don't know what happened ..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back