What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got to go to the supermarket this morning. I haven't been able to go for over two weeks since finding our kitten. She gets into so much and I've had to get her used to being closed up in the bathroom while I get stuff done. I managed to shop and be home within 26 minutes. I did a lot of napping today because the little thing is wearing me out between keeping up with her and her keeping me up. :) I made tuna salad for lunch, spoke with my BFF, cleaned Deja's litter box and the bathroom floor, watched some T.V. and of course played WWF.

Today we are off the lovely old town of Christchurch, where we are taking part in a classic car event.

View attachment 237625

You see the request for a drip tray, our car doesn't have anything so vulgar. She has a commode.

View attachment 237622

Seen here at a previous meeting next to another MG, the rather sporty looking TC.

View attachment 237624

Our watering hole where we shall enjoy our Sunday lunch. Will we dress up?

View attachment 237627

Is there any other way?
OMG HC...you and your wife are the epitome of class!! :love: Looks like you had a lovely day in a lovely area. I like seeing classic cars but have never been to a show. I occassionally see them on the road.

OMG HC...you and your wife are the epitome of class!! :love: Looks like you had a lovely day in a lovely area. I like seeing classic cars but have never been to a show. I occassionally see them on the road.
oh you should go if you can Diva. I've been to many over the years . They're held very close to my house annually.. so it's a lovely day out.... I have tons of pictures..
IMG00477-20110731-1321.jpg

DSCF0464-jpg-original.jpg

DSCF3295-zpsa8xe28tr-jpg-original.jpg

Didn't tell you all about my dumb mistake involving window shades.

I ordered the wrong size,,now have to send back the ones I got.
They are all packed just need to take them post office.

Would have liked to just exchange them for the correct size.
Guess I have to play games with the site I ordered from.

Thought 'maybe' our Walmart had window shades,,,,nope all sorts of blinds.

TMS treatment.
I had no clue about TMS treatment how it might effect me. It's like an onion, peeling away layers of depression while gaining insight into the root cause of how and why my depression began. Interestingly, I don"t know myself as I did before starting TMS treatments. I'm not depressed but I am not who I was and that makes me different. No longer depressed and processing life differently is new of which I am cautious because I am no longer familiar with myself therefore I am new to this land of foreign vegetables.

oh you should go if you can Diva. I've been to many over the years . They're held very close to my house annually.. so it's a lovely day out.... I have tons of pictures..

holly.jpg
You look fabulous Holly, tell you what, I feel upstaged. You even outshine that
amazing Harvester International truck you are posing on.
What a lovely compliment, much appreciated and thank you. Take Holly's advice Diva and just stop by next time there's a classic car meeting near you. Who knows you could just come across what was once called a Deusenberg:
Duesenberg_Convertible.jpg
Even if you are not into the machinations of the internal combustion engine you will be bowled over by "The Doozy."

View attachment 240627
You look fabulous Holly, tell you what, I feel upstaged. You even outshine that
amazing Harvester International truck you are posing on.

What a lovely compliment, much appreciated and thank you. Take Holly's advice Diva and just stop by next time there's a classic car meeting near you. Who knows you could just come across what was once called a Deusenberg:
View attachment 240629
Even if you are not into the machinations of the internal combustion engine you will be bowled over by "The Doozy."
Indeed.. and I've seen some really beautiful Vintage cars here at shows, and at the Transport museums, and also at Transport museums in Spain and Italy... The outdoor shows are always the best of course, because you can chat with the owners about their vehicles.. as we always did with our Vintage VW camper van

My time in Massachusetts is almost over, I've worn myself out trying to catch up from all the days wasted resting my foot (it is still not recovered, but I received the spongy shoes recommended by the podiatrist and they help a lot), so now I'm wasting the last days too exhausted to go into Boston.

But during my energetic days I took a ferry from Boston to Salem, then rode the trolley around Salem, and visited a 'witch dungeon museum', and another day I took a walking tour of Harvard (I was surprised to find out the unibomber had attended Harvard!), plus I got to ride the subway a few times all packed in like sardines, kind of fun! Oh, and took another boat cruise around Boston harbor.

Today I drove to see some pretty gardens that were halfway to Boston (in Wellesley). They were nice but I sure do hate driving, I expected all the roads here to be modern (the Boston roads are wonderful compared to what they were like when I visited in the 70s), but in Wellesley I had to drive on dark narrow roads bordered by old moss covered stone walls and with trees right up against the roadway, which was for two way traffic but not nearly wide enough for it. So going to and from the gardens rubbed off all the peace and quiet of enjoying them.

On another thread, @horseless carriage mentioned taking pen in hand and writing an actual letter. Y'all might not believe this, but the student who worked in the bakery couldn't read cursive. Right! He. Couldn't. Read. Cursive.

Whenever I'd need something that I couldn't fetch from our big store freezer myself, I'd ask him to go back there and wade through the mountains of frozen products looking for the things I needed. I had to print the list.

Our student was not just smart, he was very smart and got into a college that didn't give a rip how much $$ you had. Well...maybe if your parents endowed the college, you could get in with questionable academic credentials. Otherwise, they only want the cream of the crop in the brain/talent department.

I won't swear to it, but I think he may have been home schooled.

I am NOT a morning person and yet I've had to get up early for the past week or so due to appointments or obligations. Today was no different. Up at 7:00a and after some morning chores and a shower, I was out the door to the doctor's for some routine blood work ahead of my annual physical next week. Then ran about four errands before coming back home.

Today I had blood tests at hospital for my six month check up with the Cancer Doc.
I see him next week for consultation and if blood is still clear I will have been in remission for 4 years
( is that last part proper grammar....don't want to upset peeps in another thread ):unsure:

I have lost some weight but I can blame that on the thumb caper over the last several months.
It has been stressful.
At my age, with b-cell lymphoma , I was given 2-5 years so hey guys ,you may be stuck with me and my naughtiness for
another year.
Y'all keep those fingers crossed now
bye for now wave.jpg

@Mizmo I hope we're "stuck" with you for a lot longer than a year!

It was "only" 93 here today. It's "only" gonna be 95 tomorrow. After a little adjusting of the forecast, 80 on Friday! The weathernerds have decreed that next week we can look forward to upper 70s and lower 80s. Subject to change, of course.

Today I had blood tests at hospital for my six month check up with the Cancer Doc.
I see him next week for consultation and if blood is still clear I will have been in remission for 4 years
( is that last part proper grammar....don't want to upset peeps in another thread ):unsure:

I have lost some weight but I can blame that on the thumb caper over the last several months.
It has been stressful.
At my age, with b-cell lymphoma , I was given 2-5 years so hey guys ,you may be stuck with me and my naughtiness for
another year.
View attachment 240657
fingers are firmly crossed.... 🤞🤗

It has been stressful.
another year.
View attachment 240657
I so hope and pray you're remission continues. You're an inspiration!

I too hope and pray for total remission x

Early start for me with various appointments to get Mum to, and a couple this afternoon for myself. One was finally being able to get my hair done 🥳 When I got back I found a parcel delivery but the ink on the label had been smeared so no house number visible, or name! Cue me meandering up and down the road, knocking doors and asking if the parcel was intended for the occupant. No one took it! The thing is now sitting on the floor in my porch whilst I ponder what to do. I may have to contact the courier if I can work out who delivered it, and see if they have information on where it's supposed to go.

I made tea (dinner) from scratch and was looking forward to serving it but Mum had entered the kitchen like a stealth ninja and was right behind me as I turned. The corner of the dish I was holding collided with her shoulder and - BAM! - dish slipped from my hands and crashed to the floor, hurling Shepherd's Pie everywhere. Nice. Took me a little while to clear up. We had pizza instead :rolleyes:

I woke up sick this morning. I know it was from stress. Worked 12 hours sunday, off monday, 11 hours yesterday. Then my direct boss is getting on everyone's case about documentation and that a lot of charting wasn't "closed." She said I had one. So I searched the computer back to March and I didn't have even one. Seriously WTF lady? Stressed me out more. Then they slung around a new "regional manager" or as someone else called him "the money person."

This is why I can only work part time anymore.

They may hold these events in the shore area. It would be convenient if they held them in Atlantic City, my second home I call it because our timeshare is there and I was going often until COVID. I no longer drive but AC is easily accessible by bus. I certainly would love to go to one. Nice pics. You're looking good HD.

Last edited:
I started watching T.V. earlier than usual, played with my kitten and talked with my BFF on the phone. After my son got off from work, he took me to the UPS store to return a couple of items to Amazon, then to the Amazon hub to pick up a package. I could have walked to both but one of the returns was in a box almost as tall as me. Although it was light weight, it would have been cumbersome for me to carry.

This evening, I finally got to meet my youngest grandson's GF, who is a sweet, smart girl. I specifically wanted to meet her, show her some love and give her hugs. I intend to post more about that (and why) in another thread at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back