What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We live back (note the word, "back") in Colorado, but this time in the northern part. Spent 5 1/2 years 24 miles south of Denver and should have never left. When we lived here before, we seen the same thing happen, winter and spring/summer all in the same week.
Wyoming and Montana are getting snow snow as well. We only live about 3 miles from the foothills going into the mountains.
Holy smokes, I don't envy you at all, Classic. That makes for one long winter.

Had my morning swim, load of laundry is doing its thing, paid some bills on line, and have a few business chores to complete. Other than that, I'll take the day as it comes.
Your morning swim sounds so lovely, Star!

Our temps dipped way down last night, and what I'd give to paddle around in a warm relaxing swimming pool right about now!

I am going food shopping for the first time since February and I am stunned by the hike in prices of food. Thankfully, here in the Garden State fresh produce is reasonable, but everything else is out of sight. I thought it was bad with Amazon Prime, but didn't expect this on the local scene.

I am going food shopping for the first time since February and I am stunned by the hike in prices of food. Thankfully, here in the Garden State fresh produce is reasonable, but everything else is out of sight. I thought it was bad with Amazon Prime, but didn't expect this on the local scene.
It's terrible, Lew.

Stay safe and healthy and make your trip to the grocers just like underwear... short and brief. :)

Animal products including meat, fish & dairy, have probably gone up. Maybe some processed foods, too. I don't eat any of those so I don't know for sure.

What else did you notice to be more expensive since Feb?

I am watching the boob tube today and listening to birdie sounds I have playing for my Parakeet--she loves the "music!" I also will be having my meals and taking my vitamins and meds and then use the bathroom, too, after drinking lots of water:D :ROFLMAO:

Animal products including meat, fish & dairy, have probably gone up. Maybe some processed foods, too. I don't eat any of those so I don't know for sure.

I've noticed the price of meat is through the roof!

Definitely what you just stated StarSong, and I do eat meat. I've laid back on the fish due to the mercury content. The canned and packaged goods have increased quite a bit as has bread. That was a surprise.

It's terrible, Lew.

Stay safe and healthy and make your trip to the grocers just like underwear... short and brief. :)
Exactly Aunt Marg. In and out in no time. At least down here at the Jersey Shore there are no restrictions as to where one may walk nor standing in line to get inside the store. NJ is the strictest, but I guess the shore areas don't care. The tourists would not like that at all and we do rely on tourism during the season. But, up in North Jersey, where I live, we wait in line, have temps taken and walk arrows inside the stores. I have never had the pleasure, thankfully, but friends of mine who have, hate it.

Exactly Aunt Marg. In and out in no time. At least down here at the Jersey Shore there are no restrictions as to where one may walk nor standing in line to get inside the store. NJ is the strictest, but I guess the shore areas don't care. The tourists would not like that at all and we do rely on tourism during the season. But, up in North Jersey, where I live, we wait in line, have temps taken and walk arrows inside the stores. I have never had the pleasure, thankfully, but friends of mine who have, hate it.
In and out is right, Lew!

Over the course of summer I've more of less visited the grocers whenever time permitted, but with the fall season right upon us, I'll be going back to my old ways of first thing in the morning before any other customers are at the doors, or late at night just prior to the store closing.

Had my morning swim, load of laundry is doing its thing, paid some bills on line, and have a few business chores to complete. Other than that, I'll take the day as it comes.
I do miss greatly having my morning swim.. no pool here in the uk sadly, only in Spain.. and the nearest public pool here only has ''adult lane swimming'' for an hour very early in the morning..

Same here, food prices have steeply risen, not a just penny here or there but 20 pence and 50 pences on lower priced items , and even more on more expensive items... Scarily this isn't the end of the price rises for us either, because we have Brexit to look forward to and that is going to bring it's own challenges in potential food shortages ( well the variety of food ).. and yet more price hikes

In and out is right, Lew!

Over the course of summer I've more of less visited the grocers whenever time permitted, but with the fall season right upon us, I'll be going back to my old ways of first thing in the morning before any other customers are at the doors, or late at night just prior to the store closing.

I had planned on that as well, then someone told me that the stores opened during the early hours for seniors only for about an hour. Well, I was told that in the beginning it was fine, but now it seems every senior citizen in our town and towns around have the same idea, and it's as crowded as ever. I guess no one saw that one coming. Soooo, I went the other day in the afternoon and it was not crowded at all. Figures.😀

We closed the pool..We have the pool guy cover it......It's hard for hubby to do that anymore...
Hubby and I uncover it before swimming and cover it back up when we get out of the water. Takes 2 minutes or less. The cover is attached to a big spool. He turns the crank and I guide the cover across the pool. It's like a giant piece of thick blue bubble wrap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back