What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting ready for a bit of a birthday party with my daughter's family tomorrow (we have a scrupulously maintained bubble). Both families' freezers just ran out of my pizza :eek: so yesterday I prepared 20 pizza doughs. They're slow rising in the garage fridge. Today I'll start the sauce and get everything ready for actually making the pizzas tomorrow afternoon. The kids love helping!

Today I'll also make some sugar cookies for my grands to decorate - kind of an early Christmas warmup. We adults enjoy decorating cookies, too. Very relaxing and a lot of laughs.

I'll also make some pizzas and cookies for my sons, but they'll pick them up during a socially distanced outdoor visit.

We cut the pizzas in quarters, let them cool, then separate the quarters with waxed paper and put them in giant (2 gallon) ziplock bags. 8 quarters per bag. Since we've been doing this for so many years, hubby and I have it down to a science.

Yay for baking and family time!!!

Getting ready for a bit of a birthday party with my daughter's family tomorrow (we have a scrupulously maintained bubble). Both families' freezers just ran out of my pizza :eek: so yesterday I prepared 20 pizza doughs. They're slow rising in the garage fridge. Today I'll start the sauce and get everything ready for actually making the pizzas tomorrow afternoon. The kids love helping!

Today I'll also make some sugar cookies for my grands to decorate - kind of an early Christmas warmup. We adults enjoy decorating cookies, too. Very relaxing and a lot of laughs.

I'll also make some pizzas and cookies for my sons, but they'll pick them up during a socially distanced outdoor visit.

We cut the pizzas in quarters, let them cool, then separate the quarters with waxed paper and put them in giant (2 gallon) ziplock bags. 8 quarters per bag. Since we've been doing this for so many years, hubby and I have it down to a science.

Yay for baking and family time!!!
I've maintained a bubble and like pizza and eat cookies. I'll be right over. LOL

What I did today was grocery shop for a few items; strawberries, spinach, walnuts and a beverage. Then I washed the kitchen floor with some lemon scented cleaner with my new mop. Vacuumed the living room and the kitchen rug. I took doggie out twice today so far and probably will again later. We are going out walking more since the weather has been bearable to walk in--60s and 70s and very comfortable!

So hard to see dementia in our little loved ones.
Not heard of any medication to ease this, but if there is.....hope maybe Stanley could benefit.
Hope for the best for him.
Yes, it is very hard to see them that way. My grandmother had dementia in the 1980s. There is a medicine that can slow the progression of Alzheimer's but just can't recall the name of it right now. Very sorry that it is happening to someone you love.

Just did a google search and found this:

What is the best medication for Alzheimer's?
Three cholinesterase inhibitors are commonly prescribed:
  • Donepezil (Aricept) is approved to treat all stages of the disease. It's taken once a day as a pill.
  • Galantamine (Razadyne) is approved to treat mild to moderate Alzheimer's. ...
  • Rivastigmine (Exelon) is approved for mild to moderate Alzheimer's disease.

Last edited:
Today I have been lazy. I did check my mail, clean the bunny cage and take my garbage out. The rest of the day, I have sitting in my recliner (which I love!) and doing adult coloring and word searches. I found that I can watch a lot of good television series that I liked because I have Amazon Prime (except it not a Prime video from another source and includes commericials). Today I started watching Little House On The Prairie, starting from the first show. I loved this when it was on and then I watched it over and over in reruns. The same with The Waltons (which will be my next series when I finish with this one). I have not seen either one in years now.

had a prescription to pick up at w-mart and ended up getting flu and pneumonia shot, too. forgot, till i got home, that the pneumonia shot made arm/shoulder sore last year. a teeny bit owie.

I'm doing nothing today. I've been running around all week playing catch up on all my errands I had to put on hold till I got my biologic shot.

I'm going to chk Hallmark to see if there are any good movies and maybe the ID channel, I've got a rib eye steak marinating w/some worchestire sauce for dinner. I dont think I've had red meat in a month or so.

I've had a very busy day getting the last of everything into the new office room... and clearing the other room where my computer was before. Now I have everything matching and co-ordinated in here, and into cupboards and drawers all tidily put away .. however I still have 5 baskets of items that have not been sorted through yet and the baskets don't match the colour scheme in here, so I need to spend this coming week trying to sort them into some semblance of order .

Had lunch in the garden today it's been hot and sunny.. and we're expecting high 80's for the next few days

This morning I went on my early walk at 6:30 wearing my yellow reflector vest since it wasn't really light out yet.When I cam back,watered the plants/flowers in our community garden,walked up 3 flights of stairs to my apt
Its my weekly call to Canopy of Neighbors members to see how they are doing
This afternoon depending on my mood may go sit outside in our garden or take a walk,after dinner tackle the daily NYT crossword puzzle.Last week I was surprised I finished Weds puzzle.I usually get Mon&Tues

The last few days I've been putting a push on to shed possessions before the weather turns bad.

So far I've managed to remove three small loads of stuff from my little apartment.

It's mostly books and knickknacks but hopefully, a load of furniture will be going soon.

There are 39 stairs from my little apartment to the parking garage and not surprisingly the same number from the parking garage to my little apartment. This morning I made 6 round trips or almost the same number of steps needed to climb the Statue of Liberty! Who needs a gym?;)

images

Doing a load of laundry now; later, after hanging it on the line outside, I'll dress more presentably and drive to the hospital and listen to the patients tell me whatever is on their minds; then lunch at home alone; then complete making a brick ring around a mature elm tree....maybe complete it: I need to set up a jig for cutting bricks with a masonry blade on my 'old and beater' skilsaw. BTW, I'm using paver bricks salvaged from city streets.......they probably date from horse-and-buggy years.

So far today I've managed to clear the whole 5 baskets from yesterday and dispense the stuff I want to keep into just one..hallelujah .... I still needed one spare drawer for other stuff, then I had a brainwave, I'd take all my jeans which are a size too small but that I don't want to throw out, out of one drawer in the dresser, and put them in a large clip lidded box, and store them in the attic.. yeaaah.:Damazing what space one large deep drawer will give you. (y)

I got all my paperwork filed that had slipped through the cracks into the baskets instead of the file boxes.. and I found hundreds of wage slips and set them on fire on a tin lid behind the barn.

I've just made chicken soup and pasta filled with ricotta cheese and spinach.

My back is killing me now with all the bending, so I've stopped for a rest and shortly I have a zoom appointment with my consultant

There are 39 stairs from my little apartment to the parking garage and not surprisingly the same number from the parking garage to my little apartment. This morning I made 6 round trips or almost the same number of steps needed to climb the Statue of Liberty! Who needs a gym?;)
My hat’s off to you on those stairs....i could walk all the live long day but gotta admit that stairs are no longer my friend...you must be in fantastic shape to journey up and down to your parking garage on a regular basis.....78 stairs are a whole lotta stairs!👍

Last edited:
My hat’s off to you on those stairs....i could walk all the live long day but gotta admit that stairs are no longer my friend...you must be in fantastic shape to journey up and down to your parking garage on a regular basis.....78 stairs is a whole lotta stairs!👍
I make a round trip then pack a box sit for a minute make another trip, etc...

How do you eat an elephant?
One small bite at a time!

images

Had my 3 yards of topsoil delivered yesterday, for my raised gardens.
Have 3 frames, working out to about 14 cart fulls per frame.
That's my job today, and for how long it takes.
Had a spot in the backyard by the fence, put a tarp down, was able to raise the loader on the huff up and over the fence, he hit the spot dead on.
Was a bit concerned, there are some overhead lines above that spot, but he was okay........great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back