What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had my 3 yards of topsoil delivered yesterday, for my raised gardens.
Have 3 frames, working out to about 14 cart fulls per frame.
That's my job today, and for how long it takes.
Had a spot in the backyard by the fence, put a tarp down, was able to raise the loader on the huff up and over the fence, he hit the spot dead on.
Was a bit concerned, there are some overhead lines above that spot, but he was okay........great job.
So happy for you, Micka! :love:

The last few days I've been putting a push on to shed possessions before the weather turns bad.

So far I've managed to remove three small loads of stuff from my little apartment.

It's mostly books and knickknacks but hopefully, a load of furniture will be going soon.

There are 39 stairs from my little apartment to the parking garage and not surprisingly the same number from the parking garage to my little apartment. This morning I made 6 round trips or almost the same number of steps needed to climb the Statue of Liberty! Who needs a gym?;)

images
Good idea @Aunt Bea ! I have stuff I need to shed also and it's about time I start doing it. There are some clothes I probably won't fit in ever again that I could pitch, and books, too.

Guess what dumb me did......didn't.
My #275 post from Thursday......forgot to click post.
Was trying to enter a post just now, brains kicked in......because i hadn't clicked post on my last one......wouldn't let me enter my new one.
How's that for a long excuse. ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ˜.

Finished filling my garden frames this morning.
Out of the three yards i got......have a couple of full cart loads left, which is fine, have spots that needs some soil.
Filled the frames almost to the top, it will settle, and planting time next year, will work in some miracle grow in, if i've learned how to do composting, hopefully, will add that too.

Guess what dumb me did......didn't.
My #275 post from Thursday......forgot to click post.
Was trying to enter a post just now, brains kicked in......because i hadn't clicked post on my last one......wouldn't let me enter my new one.
How's that for a long excuse. ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ˜.

Finished filling my garden frames this morning.
Out of the three yards i got......have a couple of full cart loads left, which is fine, have spots that needs some soil.
Filled the frames almost to the top, it will settle, and planting time next year, will work in some miracle grow in, if i've learned how to do composting, hopefully, will add that too.
Oh, I've done that before! A few times! LOL!

Don't forget to enrich the soil in the spring before planting. :)

That's what the miracle gro mix is for.....and compost stuff.

How does a person get started on this composting stuff.

Need ADVICE on that. ๐Ÿ™ƒ ๐Ÿ™ƒ ๐Ÿ™ƒ ๐Ÿ™ƒ ๐Ÿ™ƒ
Related to getting started on the composting, even if you don't have a special box or container or barrel to start, just dig a small home in the corner of you yard somewhere and start filling it with eggs shells, coffee grounds, vegetable and fruit peelings, tea bags.

Then, once a month, turn the compost over with a shovel or garden trowel, depending on how much compost you have, and don't allow the compost to dry-out. It's a fine balance... too dry and nothing happens, too wet, and the process of breakdown is halted.

Try and keep the compost moist, but just moist.

Biggest thing of all, have fun with it! :)

Micka. Hit me-up for as much info as you like! If I don't know or don't have an answer for you, I'll do my best to help you find what you're after. :)

Well, today I had big plans of driving across town to chk out some wrought iron screen doors.
But, at 8am when I was taking out my garbage cans for p/up tmrw, the skies were still so thick w/smoke, I decided against it. I'm staying home...inside all day.

I haven't yet hatched a plot, as my dad used to say, but as soon as my heart gets started and my brain is in gear, I'll think of something. If we're lucky, it'll be something constructive.

I just ordered a new printer. My old one has been behaving badly, so I started researching new ones. I found one that looks like it will do everything I need...now I just have to figure out how to use it when it comes.

Split a bunch of wood. (sweat a lot)
Started putting the engine back together for the wife's trike. (sweat and cuss a lot)
gathered another bunch of tomato's. (surprised they're still producing).
jumped in the pool and cleaned up a few leaves on the bottom...(and cooled down). :)

I went to the store for food....Then came home to make dinner...
It got a little chilly today....But loved it...
Pool is closed, chairs have to be put away, gazebo has to be cleared out to fit some furniture, and I don't feel like it today...

I went to the outdoor street market today in a town about 20 miles from here... it was very busy.

I bought a few things..a summer hat, summer scarf, new waste bin, a garden trug..and a few other things ( not all from the market )

I stopped off at the garden centre on the way home...

Hats at the market...

IMG-7665-1.jpg

Everyone was wearing masks in the market despite it being outdoors...

Hitch-market-sept-2020.jpg

Cafes in the market square.,..

market-square-sept-2020.jpg

Inside the garden centre...

garden-centre-HD.jpg

..and the geese out of the pond and wandering around the car park...

white-geese-garden-centre-hd.jpg

Felt rather well this morning, so decided I would take my car out for a little drive.

Nup, didn't happen.

I turned the key in the ignition and its just went click. Tried again and another click.

Phoned our local Motoring Association, of which I am a member. Had to wait an hour before they got here, just to tell me my battery was dead. Didn't have another replacement in the van, so then had to wait another 2 hours before they could come back out and replace it with a new battery.

By then, I had lost the inclination to go for a drive, so I now have a car that will go, but I don't feel like going now.

Nice hats. I see a few I like. Last year I donated several in my collection, because I knew I didnโ€™t need them. Shame on me for even thinking how Iโ€™d like those in your market. Good thing theyโ€™re too far away.
I'm very much a Hat person... I got the yellow one furthest from the camera ..first time I've had yellow... :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back