What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@debodun Getting help would be the best idea. If you’re absolutely determined, strap it on sideways on a heavy blanket. See if you can even slide it across the room like this.

Well my first day out after lockdown has been lifted in so many places.It was a beautiful sunny day ,and I was able at long last to get my car valeted, but it took a whole hour and 40 mins because they had so many to do..:eek:

tried to get a haircut on the off chance at a coupleof salons , but nope, waiting lists are long..,

Shopped in stores which haven't been open for the best part of a year.. bought myself some really pretty things in various shops.. cheered me up no end..oh and I got myself a baby pink pair of slip on sketchers... reduced from almost £60 to £39.99...bought a few things for hubs as well which he needs..

here's the pink sketchers..
https://www.pavers.co.uk/products/b...orFSSp2-oalITAvUuHoaAh4vEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Daughter managed to get some great quality jeggings in 5 different colours for dog walking...

She sends her thanks to everyone who passed on Birthday wishes...🥰

Very happy to say our movers were awesome. There were 3 young guys who were ever so polite, respectful and extremely hard working. It was a pleasure to buy them coffee and donuts and tip them for a job well done.

They definitely deserved it. I was pleasantly surprised. It took them a full 4 hours to move approximately 10,000 pounds of stuff. We have a lot of heavy tools. They wrapped up our furniture so well and asked about things they weren’t sure about. Now our house has an eerie echo. Lol 😂

I drove my wife to her regular eye exam and then scooted over to our local Apple Store where I replaced our ancient IPad. I left the store just as my wife's exam was finished so our coordinated timing was excellent. My wife's exam was also excellent.

At the Apple store they explained how I should go about updating my wife's IMac. The update is running now, and only has ten more hours to go.

a 10 hr update? holy crap! they putting info on there from the pentagon? i assume imac is a computer?
It is a computer, and I suppose that part of the issue is that we have had it for about 8 years and never bothered to do one of these big updates before. We were kind of forced into this now because the old browser would not work with some of the websites that my wife needed to get things from. It was , way, way overdue. but the update is coming down smoothly. Everything else that uses our WiFi has noticeably slowed this evening.

Overall. I was rather happy with the time I spent at the Apple store today. I replace our old Ipad, and the clerk had to invite a couple of other people over to look at it since no one had ever seen one that old before. I got the same reaction when we replaced our old Iphone 4,s a couple of weeks ago. We jumped up to the larger Iphone12 model and the difference is profound.

Today my o/h has the day off.. it's a beautiful sunny day, and we're going to the pub which have just re-opened after many months...for lunch .

Unfortunately ( fortunately for us on a sunny day)... for now there is only outdoor service... and at our local village pub, they're only allowing bookings of a table for an hour and a half... which is far too short a time IMO.. but I understand they want to be able to serve as many people as possible given they can't serve inside, and they'll also want to make as much money back that they lost this last year!!

I just hope it's not the start of a slippery slope...( having to book,and only a couple of hours at the table)...the UK has pub culture and the best of that culture is that you can go trekking, or walking anywhere on a sunny day and just pop into the nearest pub for a drink or a meal..no booking required and no time limits...

Today my o/h has the day off.. it's a beautiful sunny day, and we're going to the pub which have just re-opened after many months...for lunch .

Unfortunately ( fortunately for us on a sunny day)... for now there is only outdoor service... and at our local village pub, they're only allowing bookings of a table for an hour and a half... which is far too short a time IMO.. but I understand they want to be able to serve as many people as possible given they can't serve inside, and they'll also want to make as much money back that they lost this last year!!

I just hope it's not the start of a slippery slope...( having to book,and only a couple of hours at the table)...the UK has pub culture and the best of that culture is that you can go trekking, or walking anywhere on a sunny day and just pop into the nearest pub for a drink or a meal..no booking required and no time limits...
Have a lovely time @hollydolly . Hope you know who behaves today 💕

Girlfriend is getting lunch ready, she's starting to take much more interest in doing things herself bless her. I'm just taking it easy and looking online for a suitable SUV that we can get adapted with hand controls and access for my new wheelchair. Leaning more and more - no pun intended :ROFLMAO: - to a Mercedes V-Class

Raining today, gusty winds up to 50 mph till 9 am so no walking till later. Impossible to use walker in high winds. Finishing up the dog run for Bella as she comes home Thursday afternoon. Hopefully she will now walk on a leash. Snow expected tomorrow.

Its nice when the professionals also have the same issue with your pup that you do. This way you know is not you but the pup 😂. Will get her signed up at Petsmart for the next round training after she is spayed in May.

On my early morning walk around 7,was a tad cool temp was 43,no wind, was refreshing
I ran into a friend,Sam{female} who was walking her golden retriever,Marla who I hadn't seen in a couple of weeks,she&her family live on the next block,I walked halfway with her.She is a ER doctor at Bflo General Medical Center{where I used to work} also works at local Veteran's Hosptial
My friend,Mary&I are going on our weekly 'road trip',this morning to Target.We couldn't go last week because she had other things planned.The last time we were there was in Feb
The rest of my day,read NYT,my book,may take a walk or two depending on the weather

Bad luck with your tooth. Nice to know someone else had had snow :)
Unfortunately no luck 😢. The tooth is done. It was the tooth I suspected the last one on the right side, and it has to be pulled. The tooth in front of it is the one that hurts. Despite having a crown, that tooth has a large hole of a cavity and the bone has started to deteriorate as well. Whatever that means. It is done as well, and must come out.

So, I see an oral surgeon who will remove both teeth. I have decided to replace one of them, if I can afford to, but will not it replace the last tooth. The placement of that tooth has always bothered me. But I need something to chew with, 😂, so hopefully can replace the one in front of it.

I will get the ”laughing gas” for painless removal. Sedation cost over 300 dollars, the gas costs 40. This surgeon removed a tooth for me a couple years ago, didn’t get a replacement, and the gas worked very well. Surgery is scheduled for April 30. Got to get it done so I can have the hip replaced in June. 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back