What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the news from the vet is not what we had hoped for. Our precious Lilly has from 4 months to a year left to live. The available treatment could give her a few more months, but it has unpleasant side effects.

Our choice is to love her to the end and let her go out gracefully in our arms.
Oh that's heartbreaking, poor lilly,:cry:..but I know that you and mrs P would never allow her to suffer by extending her life in a negative way for her, so this way she will pass in the arms of the ones who love her however short or long it may be until she crosses Rainbow Bridge..

Well, the news from the vet is not what we had hoped for. Our precious Lilly has from 4 months to a year left to live. The available treatment could give her a few more months, but it has unpleasant side effects.

In my opinion, you've made the right decision on her behalf.

I'm sure sorry, Pecos.

I'm fighting severe pain in my lower back today. Might be from sitting at the sewing machine for a couple of hours yesterday. Plus I did some sustained leaning over the cutting table several times.

I had about 2 1/2 yards of a super-soft, non-stretchy sweatshirt material that I had no use for, so I asked my granddaughter Ariel if she wanted me to make her a jacket, a night gown or a robe (she's spending the week here). She chose a gown. I made it kimono style, cuz it's easy and you really only need 3 measurements. It turned out really cute, and she loves it, but I think it did something to my back; caused a pinched nerve or something.

Time to relax in the recliner for a while.

I’m so sorry about the news of your Lilly but I think you’ve made the right decision. Let her go gracefully in your arms. If she had a choice, I bet that’s what she’d decide too.

I'm fighting severe pain in my lower back today. Might be from sitting at the sewing machine for a couple of hours yesterday. Plus I did some sustained leaning over the cutting table several times.

I had about 2 1/2 yards of a super-soft, non-stretchy sweatshirt material that I had no use for, so I asked my granddaughter Ariel if she wanted me to make her a jacket, a night gown or a robe (she's spending the week here). She chose a gown. I made it kimono style, cuz it's easy and you really only need 3 measurements. It turned out really cute, and she loves it, but I think it did something to my back; caused a pinched nerve or something.

OMG Murrmurr, you are so clever, what a lucky granddaughter.

I bet Ariel is over the moon with her kimono robe. I think it was probably the leaning over the table while cutting that put your back out :(

I am so sorry. It is so hard to watch a beloved animal die, and there is no right or wrong decision as to how or when. I hope Lilly passes in her sleep while chasing rabbits in her dreams. Good dog Lilly, good dog.

I was visiting a friend yesterday, we were sat in the garden when four young girls on horses clippetty clopped by.
They were wearing fedora hats and big face masks. I asked them if they were going to hold up the stagecoach. :)

Today I am staying inside.......because the drains under our ramp are being replaced. A two day job, so they say. The ramp will be closed, of course, on the days people go shopping because their SS checks come. So if anyone goes shopping (and they usually do) they have to carry their groceries upstairs or downstairs to get to the elevator. Shop light I guess. It is okay with me as I don't shop on the days when the stores are crowded.

Wife and I will probably head outside tonight for a few games of Backgammon.
I have been working on my opening moves after reading another experts take on the game, so SHE IS DOOMED!

What will really happen is she will win again, smile and say " you just try too hard ".

Much like that famous Coyote, I'll continue to buy 'Acme' stuff to catch dinner, instead of just ordering food on-line
and relax...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back