What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outside early to take the trash to the street for pick up, fed the wildlife and feral cats. Recharged the AC unit with some refrigerant in my Tahoe which was a 10 minute job. Clean the inside of the vehicle. Came indoors, made my first cup of coffee and drank it on the back deck while watching the bird activity. Now, it's time for breakfast...

It's been sunny today, I drove 30 miles north to meet up with an old workmate for lunch .. haven't seen her in over 2 years.... she's the same age as me, but since I last saw her she's lost a ton of weight, and I almost didn't recognise her, she's aged about 10 years.. really shocking tbh... I feel sad for her, but obviously I said nothing...

...I don't think I'll bother losing this weight I've gained during lockdown..*yikes* :unsure:

Did some shopping afterwards, groceries etc.. and walked around the town centre stores, I haven't done that in a long time..lately it's just been into Supermarkets or big box stores, so it was nice to walk around the 'high street' independents for a change..

I bought a pair of black straight leg jeans , and a Blue cotton top with long sleeves.....latter was 1/2 price because it was last summers' stock..

I drove past the huge park in that town, and noticed many people picnicking and enjoying the lake.. first dry and sunny day we've had in about a week or more

I was surprised how busy the motorway was coming back given that it was still outside of rush hour, I think too many people are still furloughed and being paid to be at 'home'....

It's been sunny today, I drove 30 miles north to meet up with an old workmate for lunch .. haven't seen her in over 2 years.... she's the same age as me, but since I last saw her she's lost a ton of weight, and I almost didn't recognise her, she's aged about 10 years.. really shocking tbh... I feel sad for her, but obviously I said nothing...

...I don't think I'll bother losing this weight I've gained during lockdown..*yikes*
Was it intentional or do you think she's been ill?

Update on the Backgammon scheduled for this evening. In a weather delay; rain and moved things inside.
While I'm getting things set up, poured a couple of 'fingers' of a Blended Scotch I received as a Christmas present last year.
Poured over my steel ice cubes and can say it is very good for a blend. Might be my new choice of the blended ones.

Put on some Lee Ritenour and Pat Metheny type Jazz.
( another ploy of mine playing Jazz. The winner from the previous session gets to pick the first hour of music, and the Wife
dislikes Jazz. The official time to play hasn't even started and she is already complaining. Got her just where I want her...:ROFLMAO:)

Let the Games Begin!

Had an appt w/my Rheumy, then went to Target to browse at the phones (bought it online later), pharmacy for new hormones (yes please!)...stopped at home. Made a couple of calls.

Then to my cardiologist's office for my test results...and everything came back normal. I've been having some shortness of breath, I thought. Oh well. I saw the PA for the first time...he was very cute. He looks really similar to my cardiologist.

Came home, and spoke to my neighbor a bit, and here I am.
Did I mention it was 103* today. 🔥

Last edited:
Been trying to get back into my genealogy research. I have a "brick wall" that I cannot seem to get past. It's really frustrating. My great grandfather and his new wife moved to Texas from Alabama in the 1860's and just disappeared. No census entries, no death records, nothing.

Back from my nieces gig. Here is a still pic. Julie is in black, with hat. Playing bass. next to blond girl who was singer . Sorry, could not share the video. They play a lot of 80's rock. I loved the band, they are good. But gives meaning to the phrase "I'm too old for this sh*t

211838699_10161074781508012_3020452654231664709_n.jpg

Had an appt w/my Rheumy, then went to Target to browse at the phones (bought it online later), pharmacy for new hormones (yes please!)...stopped at home. Made a couple of calls.

Then to my cardiologist's office for my test results...and everything came back normal. I've been having some shortness of breath, I thought. Oh well. I saw the PA for the first time...he was very cute. He looks really similar to my cardiologist.

Came home, and spoke to my neighbor a bit, and here I am.
Did I mention it was 103* today. 🔥
@dobielvr a while after Covid first started I got an oximeter as lots of people recommended on the forum. It has really cut down on my worries as far as feeling short of breathe is concerned. This way you know if you are short of breathe and can call the cardiologist office or not. You might want to think about getting one.

Well my intention today was to go out , but my o/h car blew a tyre on the motorway last night on his way home driving at around 70mph..... really shook him up because it almost blew the wheel off too.. ..

Roadside rescue should have been with him in minutes but they cocked it up, and he had to call twice, after being left at the roadside for 3 hours!!!..he didn't get home until almost midnight with the car on the back of a rescue truck... and he had to be back up for work at 5am

he was actually pretty shaken, ...I think it's the thought of what could have happened.. he said that he heard an almighty Bang, and the noise of the tyre shredding and hitting the inside arch like bullets.. and clearly they must have sprayed onto passing vehicles too.....

his whole wheel is buckled not just the tyre ruined...

Anyway he's had to take my car to work today.. so I'm staying home..

I'll probably go and do some gardening...

Last edited:
Well my intention today was to go out , but my o/h car blew a tyre on the motorway last night on his way home driving at around 70mph..... really shook him up because it almost blew the wheel off too.. ..

Roadside rescue should have been with him in minutes but they cocked it up, and he had to call twice, after being left at the roadside for 3 hours!!!..he didn't get home until almost midnight with the car on the back of a rescue truck... and he had to be back up for work at 5am

he was actually pretty shaken, ...I think it's the thought of what could have happened.. he said that he heard an almighty Bang, and the noise of the tyre shredding and hitting the inside arch like bullets.. and clearly they must have sprayed onto passing vehicles too.....

his whole wheel is buckled not just the tyre ruined...

Anyway he's had to take my car to work today.. so I'm staying home..

I'll probably go and do some gardening...
Holly this is one of those stories that could easily have had a tragic ending. Thank heavens the only casualties were a tire, wheel, psyches and plans for the following day.

So glad it turned out as well as it did.

Holly this is one of those stories that could easily have had a tragic ending. Thank heavens the only casualties were a tire, wheel, psyches and plans for the following day.

So glad it turned out as well as it did.
Oh for sure SS... I think this is why he was shaken up....it's the what ifs.. what could have happened...

he's very calm and laid back usually, but this shook him....

Well I've managed to get 2 hours of gardening done... cut back all the laurel hedge... and mowed the lawn, altho' the lawn didn't really need it, it got all the leaves up ( the holly leaves not the laurel)... I raked up the laurel leaves and it filled the whole wheelie bin with them....

Couldn't stay out any longer, it's a glorious sunny day, but the humidity is really high... I've got all the fans on and windows open.. even got my little hand fan here on my desk too...

@dobielvr a while after Covid first started I got an oximeter as lots of people recommended on the forum. It has really cut down on my worries as far as feeling short of breathe is concerned. This way you know if you are short of breathe and can call the cardiologist office or not. You might want to think about getting one.
Hmmm, thanks...I've never heard of one. But, thank you, I may just do that.

I think I may have figured out why I've been feeling that way though. I've stopped taking a particular medication that may have been causing me to feel that way. Plus the 2 diff kinds of steroids my eye doc had me taking, plus some other stuff.
Just all amping my heart up and making me out of breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back