What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I replaced the battery in my Timex wristwatch this morning. When I opened the case, I found that it had a cover over the battery with a couple of very tiny "latches"....I could have easily broken them. I found a UTube video that showed the proper way to unlatch the battery, and did it the right way. This is just my cheap "every day" watch, and it would probably cost more to take it to a shop than a new watch would cost.
I did exactly that the other day.. was very pleased with myself, got the back off eventually, which was no mean feat, then the inner plastic casing, replaced the battery, put the casing back in, and it all worked wonderfully, then tried to get the back casing on, and no matter what I do it just refuses to go back on. It's not damaged in any way but for some reason it will not clip back on again...

but for some reason it will not clip back on again...
If its a watch with a "knob" for setting the time, look closely at the back case for a small "notch" that would align with the knob "stem". If that notch isn't aligned perfectly with the stem, the back cover will not seat down properly. Even then, the cover on some of these watches fits so tight that it requires quite a bit of force to reseat them.

Trimmed the hedge.

Then an activity that goes without saying for me lately - took another carload of what many would consider junk to my new house.

On the way back I decided to stop and check my post office box. When I pulled up to the curb, two middle aged people were looking into the window of a second hand shop across the street from the post office that went OOB. I asked them if they were customers or going to buy the shop. They said they were looking for someone to unload their things on and were surprised that store went belly-up. We got chatting and, of course, I mentioned I had a 2500 sq ft house full of things I was also trying to liquidate. They made several suggestions which I've already done, but they had no way of knowing that. After I picked up my mail I saw them walking down the street in the directon of my house which is only 0.3 miles (0.5 km) away. I got home and sure enough, here they come down the street. I hailed them and the woman ended up taking a tour of my house. She was impressed with the house and the contents which she didn't feel was junk. She said she would try to get someone interested in helpig me liquidete the contents, so I guess we'll see if she comes through.

After that I mowed the lawn. I am EXHAUSETED

If its a watch with a "knob" for setting the time, look closely at the back case for a small "notch" that would align with the knob "stem". If that notch isn't aligned perfectly with the stem, the back cover will not seat down properly. Even then, the cover on some of these watches fits so tight that it requires quite a bit of force to reseat them.
yes I have lined the notch up perfectly.. several times even under a magnifying glass.. but it just won't stay shut. I have tried really hard to squeeze it, don't want to use pliers which is my only other option or I'll break the glass , bit of a stalemate here with it tbh

Last edited:
I had a heart monitor put on today for a week's monitoring. Nowhere as bad as it used to be with the multiple leads and unwieldy box hanging around your neck. Now it's a tiny plastic box stuck to your chest, which is monitored by a cellphone-like thingy that you have to keep no more than 30 feet from you. I have it in an old fannypack.

The good thing is that I can take quick showers.

Did my weekly laundry. Typically do it on Monday but I had a visitor for lunch so put it off for a day. Blew the leaves off the patio and watered the container flowers. I had already tidied up the house in anticipation of my visitor so don't have any housework to do today. Guess I'll watch some programs on the DVR or find something on a streaming channel.

My wife and I may not have any children but we do have at least a dozen God-children. Some are actual God-children and some we euphemistically call, God-children. One very precious lady, our niece, the daughter of my wife's late brother. This lady has been a part of our life since she regularly stayed with us as a child when her mother battled breast cancer.

She's in her sixties now, a mother of three and a grandmother too. We joined her today to say farewell to the man whom she has known and loved for more than forty-five years. He too succumbed to cancer. Our niece didn't want the funeral to be one of mourning, we were told, "Please don't wear black."

All the ladies attending were asked to wear something floral, so I thought of, and dismissed the idea, of wearing one of my Hawaiian shirts. In the end I text the lady a couple of photos of my chosen attire. The text came back: "Love it, love it, love it!" It seemed to make an impression on the funeral directors too, or at least the lady who was solemnly dressed in black and wearing a black top hat, who led the cortege.

Photographing the floral tributes after the service the lady asked our niece who were we. "My God-parents," she said, "and before you ask, they always dress like that." Our niece and a second niece/God-daughter, my sister-in-law's daughter, are going to come and stay sometime in the not too distant future. But the widow needs time to grieve first and be comforted by her children. It was a mixed day, tears and laughter. We are truly blessed to call her: God-daughter and to have her and her family, in our lives.

It is pouring the rain down here so I am pretty much stuck in the house. I found a little tiny Anole on the floor maybe an inch long. That got me thinking about their eggs. What I am doing at the moment is researching the life cycle of the Anole....🦎 FYI, I liberated him out the back door.

Dying, definitely dying 😞, got my senior flu shot yesterday, got up today, wish I hadn’t. Feel really tired, sleepy, and depleted of energy. Ugh. Just ugh. Most severe reaction I’ve ever had to a flu shot.

Forced myself to walk, had to sit several times and have had to walk several times as I could not walk the usual distance.

“They” say you can get both the flu and Covid shot on the same day. I would not recommend doing so.

Well today, I mowed the lawns back and front.... it was a glorious sunny day mid 70's.. so in readiness for any rain we might have coming potentially , I mowed even tho' they probably would have been aright for another few days before the grass needed cutting..

Took a couple a couple of calls and arranged meetings for tomorrow and a few days next week...

Watered the border flowers, shrubs and herbs.. as the sun went down and moved from one side to the other .. I need a new lawn edging shears, but I'm thinking maybe I might just leave that until the spring, because there's not going to be too much more mowing for this year

Searched for some things on Amazon... new Digital Tyre inflater is something I need so I think I've found one which will do me well enough..

Otherwise, it's been a pretty quiet day

We are at a hospital so Misa can have an outpatient surgery. She will be needing assistance at home now for about 2 weeks. I hope I can stay well enough to to take care of things...cooking....animals...you know - all her chores, plus the nursing care. I am ready now and here are a few pics of the facility.

20210923_074854.jpg

20210923_075054.jpg

20210923_075433.jpg

20210923_081006.jpg

Hope Misa's surgery goes well and she's home soon. Looks like a lovely day there.. as it was here today too. Wonder why the outpatient waiting room is furnished in Camo? :unsure:..other than that it looks identical to our hospital waiting rooms.. well the ones around here..can't say the same for some in the city..*ugh*

Today I had a 2 hour meeting ... heavy going, had to pay to park... ... , beautiful sunny day, so rather than come straight home, I stopped off at the pub in the woods and had a coke.. then to the supermarket for some groceries, and home...

Still sunny now but cooling a little at 5.45pm.... .. trying to think now what to cook fr dinner...

I noticed that the trees are turning colors, here this week. It's so pretty, I enjoy it every year. It never gets tiring.
Some Fall flowers are still in bloom, and many of the trees are still summery green, while some are turning to shades of yellow, rusty orange or red. I am thankful I can see them! :geek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back