What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staying up late waiting for my daughter to finish having her MRI. Texted her husband and she is still in the machine, it is 9:30 in Texas and 8:30 here. At least she made it there, she was not sure she could-so much pain. I told her to take a pain pill an hour before she left.

I hope they can give her some results tonight, but I doubt it.
Sorry to hear your daughter is having such a hard time. Hope she can be on the mend soon.

Dying, definitely dying 😞, got my senior flu shot yesterday, got up today, wish I hadn’t. Feel really tired, sleepy, and depleted of energy. Ugh. Just ugh. Most severe reaction I’ve ever had to a flu shot.

Forced myself to walk, had to sit several times and have had to walk several times as I could not walk the usual distance.

“They” say you can get both the flu and Covid shot on the same day. I would not recommend doing so.
Just what you needed....After effects from a shot.
Hope this doesn't last very long.

Just what you needed....After effects from a shot.
Hope this doesn't last very long.
I am lots better, thank. I ran a small fever as well and I never get a fever. Husband had no reaction to his shot. And so angry at my doctor-told her for a month I wanted the covid booster first and she insisted the recommendation was 8 months after the last Covid shot. I insisted it was 6 months.

So when I saw her Wednesday she gave me the flu shot 🤬. Then the ADA announced get the Covid booster after six months. Now I can’t get the Covid booster until we get back from Texas which is swimming in covid. I could still barely get it, but I got so sick with the flu shot I need to wait a bit longer. And I can’t risk getting sick from the Covid shot. Ugh.

A1C was 7.3 so all the walking is paying off in keeping my sugar lower and my butt from growing back. B12 and D were below normal so taking pills, again.

Daughter managed to endure getting MRI. 3 days before results. I think she will need back surgery.

I am lots better, thank. I ran a small fever as well and I never get a fever. Husband had no reaction to his shot. And so angry at my doctor-told her for a month I wanted the covid booster first and she insisted the recommendation was 8 months after the last Covid shot. I insisted it was 6 months.

So when I saw her Wednesday she gave me the flu shot 🤬. Then the ADA announced get the Covid booster after six months. Now I can’t get the Covid booster until we get back from Texas which is swimming in covid. I could still barely get it, but I got so sick with the flu shot I need to wait a bit longer. And I can’t risk getting sick from the Covid shot. Ugh.

A1C was 7.3 so all the walking is paying off in keeping my sugar lower and my butt from growing back. B12 and D were below normal so taking pills, again.

Daughter managed to endure getting MRI. 3 days before results. I think she will need back surgery.
Surgery.........when it rains, it pours......hoping for the best for your daughter.
Be safe in Texas.......too bad about your booster shot.

Raining today.....at least I don't have to water my perennial haul from the nursery. They can sit in their cozy little pots till ready to plant after the new border gets dug.

I lucked out yesterday. Man came to fix the darn fireplace for the 4th time and feels sorry as a lot of money has gone into that fireplace repair. And I do not like the fireplace, too many complicated settings, no simple on/off temp thingie.

He said he can get one for us at a discount cost, just pay him for his time. He will have to disassemble and reassemble the whole mantel surround but still will be worth it.

setting the forms & mixing concrete for the platform my wife's green house will sit on. I'm going to do it in sections instead of trying to get it done in one day. Thankfully my wife is fit enough to help me skreet the sections as I progress.

Did a little watering this morning before the gardeners came. Funny how they do such a super job when they see that I'm outside piddling around. lol

Catching up on the computer currently, then off to cook for grandpa. He's going to be moving in to an assisted living home mid October, so this may be the last time I cook for him.
I guess I can still take him food when I go visit, just not as much.

Took another load of clothes to the new house. All that remains here are the clothes I might wear soon.

Then went shopping a Job Lots. Of course couldn't get some things on my list. I asked a woman that was stocking the shelves where the molasses was. She said the last two bottles were just sold. They were also out of rice cakes and lavender body spray.

Came back home a started cleaning off the hutch in the dining room. Man what a mess! My mom used it as a desk. I think some things are still there that she was using. All got covered over by this and that over the years. Piles of tablecloths. A lot of old pens and pencils got tossed. A few things I'll be taking to the other house - wooden cat cutout, some round plaques with cat pictures. Try to sell the serving tray with the old sailing ship.

serving tray.jpg

Last edited:
I got stopped at the RR crossing by the passenger train that goes between Cordele and Plains. Since my grandpa was a railroad man and I traveled on trains when a young child, I always enjoy seeing trains.

unique wrinkle on this one, however. Sleek silver and blue passenger cars could have been from the 1950’s… then the passengers started to disembark… with cycling togs (including helmets) and high-end street bicycles. Guess they ride part way in the train and cycled part way. Wouldn’t have seen that in the 50s!

That is why I am staying home where I can swim all I want within our walls. :sneaky: Well, I've heard conflicting stories about when to take the booster; I must be way behind the news ~ I thought it was 8 months. That is what my family doctor told me a couple of weeks ago. So, I have to take the flu shot, the Covid-19 booster. And then the following week, I have a mammogram, breast ultrasound and a breast MRI.

Last edited:
@PamfromTx
Also check with your doctors if need be, or just have the vaccines sometime after the mammogram.....

What I have read is that the covid vaccine (due to stimulating the immune system as it is supposed to)
could enlarge the lymph nodes temporarily, and might possibly make a result appear to be possibly cancer, when it is not.
I would prefer to avoid any confusion on that, myself.

I have no idea if the other tests/imaging have that possibility or not. (But you could probably have the ultrasound on same day as the mammogram, to get them both done first, anyway.)

@PamfromTx
Also check with your doctors if need be, or just have the vaccines sometime soon after the mammogram, etc.....

What I have read is that the covid vaccine (due to stimulating the immune system as it is supposed to)
could enlarge the lymph nodes temporarily, and might possibly make a result appear to be possibly cancer, when it is not.
I would prefer to avoid any confusion on that, myself.
Yes, I was told about that. Thank you, @Kalia.

Lazy Sunday Lounge lady ... down under.

iCcAUPZ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back