What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping to get a good nights sleep, get cleaned up and take myself out for a nice lunch. I was thinking mexican or seafood, but alas there has been no sleep, so probably no lunch out. I might be asleep then. I hate this crap, I just want to sleep like a normal person.

UGH! I HAVE COVID. I've most probably had it at least since the weekend. My son asked how I feel. I feel lousy, but since I usually do it's hard to tell the difference. Hope I don't give it to Buffy.
well, you know what to do.. keep hydrated treat it like it was the flu.. and remember your contagious for a week after your over it.. supposedly, so keep away from people. Get well soon..🤗😷

The new blades for the smaller mower came last night, and the belts came a few days ago. So will get that one up and back to work. Probably two days left on this place and then I have to load up all my gear and go to the town where my last rental is, and do that yard, and two more lots. Got rid of my last tenant there, and will have to see what the place looks like. This guy was just a total slob. Hard to imagine how someone can live like that. Shouldn't be hard to rent, as there is nothing available, and it is really a nice little one bedroom house. Will be a lot pickier who I put in there this time.

I was at my Mom's house yesterday, and I've been trying to put my thoughts together, about what happened. To start, I have to back up...

When my parents moved from Illinois to Arkansas in 1988, Dio 🐐 drove the moving truck, and unloaded it. He said that he was amazed at the things that he took off of that truck...including 17 old bowling balls!!!! And after my Dad died, Dio 🐐 went through endless paperwork that was in the desk. He found every pay stub that my Dad had ever gotten....all the way back to when my Dad was 14 years old! I guess that this should have been an indicator of what was to come, but I never saw it.

So yesterday, I was in what used to be my Dad's room. Suddenly, I just stopped. I stood there and slowly looked around the room. I was appalled at what I saw! For the first time in my life, I saw how cluttered the room was. I mean really cluttered, with misc junk on the floor around the edges of the room. How is it that I just never noticed it before?!!. I went into my Mom's room...there was clutter on every flat surface of the dresser. I went to the living room, there was junk and multiple magazines on every table....and my Mom rarely ever reads! As I looked around, I was appalled and almost wanted to cry! I was thinking that this is exactly what I do not want to become!!

I should have taken pictures. I don't think she qualifies as being a hoarder yet, but it's a fine line! She just has "stuff" everywhere!

This is what I'm up against for myself!!!! 😲 I stood there and thought about how hard this
fight as been for me, and now I know why! I am not as bad as my Mom, yet....and now is the time to be sure that I never do get like this!!! The battle rages on!

The new blades for the smaller mower came last night, and the belts came a few days ago. So will get that one up and back to work. Probably two days left on this place and then I have to load up all my gear and go to the town where my last rental is, and do that yard, and two more lots. Got rid of my last tenant there, and will have to see what the place looks like. This guy was just a total slob. Hard to imagine how someone can live like that. Shouldn't be hard to rent, as there is nothing available, and it is really a nice little one bedroom house. Will be a lot pickier who I put in there this time.
we had a problem with our last Tenant. She was young, very smart looking, gave us and our letting agents glowing references. She was fully employed as a School teacher.. but she trashed our little riverside flat, and didn't pay rent for months, and when we went to evict her , she was gone and we couldn't trace her.. all her references had been false.

We spent weeks fixing up the flat, and then put it up for sale... just didn't need the hassle and expense

UGH! I HAVE COVID. I've most probably had it at least since the weekend. My son asked how I feel. I feel lousy, but since I usually do it's hard to tell the difference. Hope I don't give it to Buffy.
Oh......I know how you feel!!! I'm so sorry that you have to go through this! I'm the same way: I have not felt right since I got my booster shot, last Nov. The only difference is that I had no fever, until I got COVID. The good news is that once I was over COVID, I actually stated feeling better.....finally!

I hope you get through it fast, and feel better afterwards! You know what they say: lots of rest & lots of fluids!

I think I over did a bit today, Went for a short walk. Then I came up and rested. I just finished sitting on my bed straightening and organizing some of my clean clothes. I was bad...and did not put them all away when I washed them before I went for my "spa vacation" . I need to get it done as the apt management is coming Wednesday to do the annual inspection to renew my lease.
My rent is going up...again. About $20. Still less than what I was paying for lot rent for my mobile home. So no complaints.
Now going to rest for the remainder of the evening.
My arthritic shoulder is paining me, So I have the ice pack that I "accidently" brought home from rehab on it.

It is very easy to do more than you should, you are still early in your recovery. I often did that at first. I learned just to take short bits up and walking at your stage, 5 or 10 minutes each time I was up through out the day.

It is very easy to do more than you should, you are still early in your recovery. I often did that at first. I learned just to take short bits up and walking at your stage, 5 or 10 minutes each time I was up through out the day.
Yes, I have learned my lesson. I am going to take it easier for the rest of the weekend. I was going to go grocery shopping tomorrow, but figured I will wait as lots of people will be shopping for the holiday

Yes, it will be a mad house out there. If you need something perhaps your niece could pick up or maybe do a grocery delivery. Might not be good for you to be out shopping this early on. I did not drive this early after mine.

Today I had a shower and I used a flush toilet! Ha, ha! You laugh but you wouldn't laugh if you haven't had one for 5 days like me. You wouldn't laugh if you been using the outdoor toilet for the last 5 days too. Oh, but it was nice listening to the wolf pack howling in the night. Try that around Chicago, LA, Toronto or Vancouver. By the way; sleeping in a yurt out in the Alaskan wilderness is not everyone's "cup of tea" but it sure was mind. Not sure about those outdoor toilets?

Attachments

• IMG_0763.JPG
    IMG_0763.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 10
Today I had a shower and I used a flush toilet! Ha, ha! You laugh but you wouldn't laugh if you haven't had one for 5 days like me. You wouldn't laugh if you been using the outdoor toilet for the last 5 days too. Oh, but it was nice listening to the wolf pack howling in the night. Try that around Chicago, LA, Toronto or Vancouver. By the way; sleeping in a yurt out in the Alaskan wilderness is not everyone's "cup of tea" but it sure was mind. Not sure about those outdoor toilets?
Sounds like a good time to me!

I was at my Mom's house yesterday, and I've been trying to put my thoughts together, about what happened. To start, I have to back up...

When my parents moved from Illinois to Arkansas in 1988, Dio 🐐 drove the moving truck, and unloaded it. He said that he was amazed at the things that he took off of that truck...including 17 old bowling balls!!!! And after my Dad died, Dio 🐐 went through endless paperwork that was in the desk. He found every pay stub that my Dad had ever gotten....all the way back to when my Dad was 14 years old! I guess that this should have been an indicator of what was to come, but I never saw it.

So yesterday, I was in what used to be my Dad's room. Suddenly, I just stopped. I stood there and slowly looked around the room. I was appalled at what I saw! For the first time in my life, I saw how cluttered the room was. I mean really cluttered, with misc junk on the floor around the edges of the room. How is it that I just never noticed it before?!!. I went into my Mom's room...there was clutter on every flat surface of the dresser. I went to the living room, there was junk and multiple magazines on every table....and my Mom rarely ever reads! As I looked around, I was appalled and almost wanted to cry! I was thinking that this is exactly what I do not want to become!!

I should have taken pictures. I don't think she qualifies as being a hoarder yet, but it's a fine line! She just has "stuff" everywhere!

This is what I'm up against for myself!!!! 😲 I stood there and thought about how hard this
fight as been for me, and now I know why! I am not as bad as my Mom, yet....and now is the time to be sure that I never do get like this!!! The battle rages on!
My landlord's mother was a hoarder. It took 9 huge dumpsters to get all the stuff out of the house before I moved in. The worst part was that most of it had already been done! She mostly hoarded clothing, washing machines, and stoves.

Just got my power back on. It went off last night. I am thankful that I turned off and unplugged almost everything as soon as the storm started. It was off until 5:00 AM this morning. I admit I have gotten spoiled with air conditioning and I missed that the most. I had my solar flashlight for light. Once the hall lights turned off it was really dark here. Even the restaurants and bars across the parking lot (which were full of customers) were completely dark. Rabbit was not happy with that thunder.

I am sorry that you and your bunny had to go without A/C. I know I can't take it. If it goes on longer tha 24 hours I have to pack up and go to a hotel. I never thought about bunnies being being scared of thunder, but it makes sense, my dogs hate it.

Yesterday, I told my husband and my landlord that we are moving to Mass in August. I made some phone calls to set up medical appointments. I made cornbread and chocolate pudding (Jello Cook 'n Serve), did some chores, comforted the dog during a thunderstorm. He wants us all to gather around him in the room of his choosing, so we did. His thundershirt helped a little bit.

My cornbread was very browned. I liked it. My daughter says her palate is different than mine, and she wouldn't eat it. I like things brown (toast, etc), although I didn't do that on purpose. I turned off the timer, and went back to my game, and forgot about the cornbread.

how did it feel sleeping in a Yurt ?... warm/cold ?

Yesterday, I told my husband and my landlord that we are moving to Mass in August. I made some phone calls to set up medical appointments. I made cornbread and chocolate pudding (Jello Cook 'n Serve), did some chores, comforted the dog during a thunderstorm. He wants us all to gather around him in the room of his choosing, so we did. His thundershirt helped a little bit.

My cornbread was very browned. I liked it. My daughter says her palate is different than mine, and she wouldn't eat it. I like things brown (toast, etc), although I didn't do that on purpose. I turned off the timer, and went back to my game, and forgot about the cornbread.
Oh wow, the big reveal ... how did your husband take the news ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back