What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 241619

Ah well… maybe tomorrow 😉

I haven’t seem October’s schedule yet, but if it goes according to previous ones, I have less than 10 days of work left !

so today is ‘do all the stuff I need to do before six straight days of work’…. Groceries, cook ahead, wash, clean ….

y’all have a great day!
So HAPPY for you on your up coming retirement. 💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐.

Today I had my hair cut.. and blow dried..... had 3 inches cut off
IMG-6063.jpg
... then shopped for some more Halloween/Autumn stuff, and found some white ceramic pumpkins., candles.. and pumpkins, too cute, so I got them, I'll put them up later this evening..

Bought some new ankle boots beige suede.. and black suede.. with 2 inch heels. I have several pairs of ankle boots but almost all of them are flat.. and these were a great price....

Just put everything away.. and my dinner has just got ready in the air fryer.. gonna have Baked Jacket spud.. and some broccoli cheese tots, and French Ham...

Last edited:
Well this evening is a Doobie Bros concert at a local Livenation venue that I declined buying a ticket for because I won't purchase concert tickets that force using a smartphone for venue entry. Hate carrying a bulky weighty phone in a Levi 511 jeans pocket at rock concerts. So instead, will drive into the venue's free dirt lot when it opens at 4pm, or 3.5 hours before the show, walk in to the box office, and try to get a cheap ticket under say $50. If that fails will bail home the 11 miles before serious traffic arrives. If successful will walk back to the dirt lot and do some reading and napping until about 7pm.

A lot of us so understand about deep depression-the kind where you would welcome an accidental death, yours or a certain someone elses. 😢. I find that talking to a therapist is not helpful to me, but I tend to vent to strangers who ask “how are you today?” And I tell them 😂

It has three benefits-helps me in the moment and I will never see them again so it doesn’t matter. Sometimes it helps them as they can vent back. But mostly Helps them learn a valuable lesson-don’t ask if you don’t want to know. 😏.

Remember Everyone here is willing to listen. I hope you Feel better soon. You can overcome severe depression, just takes time and lots of ice cream.
Depression affects everyone at any age, but it's interesting how prevalent it seems in the retired age group. Maybe there's too much time on our hands for our minds to handle. Fighting depression is one reason I joined this site. We all need human interaction as long as we're here.

Made a small bread pudding last night.
It has apples, raisins, some nuts in it.
Just had some.

Wanted to bake something with our apples in it.
The apples aren't ripe enough for a pie,,need a frost for that.
That Master Chef, Mr. Google, has recipes for both brandy sauce for bread pudding and green apple pie.

I've made the brandy sauce. I've also made green apple pie. My mother often made green apple pie. Tasty. Mighty tasty. Both recipes.

Thelma had her final ankle therapy session this morning. I think it has help quite a bit.. Then off to get groceries and stock up on items we will need. Most of the stores are closing early because of the hurricane that’s coming.
Got anything picked up outside that could blow away. In our area they are saying winds 50-60 mph and 12 or more inches of rain.
This monster storm with produce many tornado. That’s my biggest fear.

Today I had my hair cut.. and blow dried..... had 3 inches cut off
IMG-6063.jpg
... then shopped for some more Halloween/Autumn stuff, and found some white ceramic pumpkins., candles.. and pumpkins, too cute, so I got them, I'll put them up later this evening..

Bought some new ankle boots beige suede.. and black suede.. with 2 inch heels. I have several pairs of ankle boots but almost all of them are flat.. and these were a great price....

Just put everything away.. and my dinner has just got ready in the air fryer.. gonna have Baked Jacket spud.. and some broccoli cheese tots, and French Ham...
You have such beautiful hair, Holly!

We're finally getting some mild Fall weather....daytime highs in the lower 70's. I put the brush hog on my tractor today and started mowing some paths through the forest near several large trees that have died out. Then, in a couple of weeks we should have some freezing overnight temperatures, which will get rid of the tic's and bugs. By mid to late October I hope to have plenty of wood harvested to feed my outdoor wood furnace for the coming Winter. Every year, this "exercise" saves us hundreds of dollars on the electric bill, and helps me stay "fit".

@Trila et al about the soup: The name of this recipe is By Guess and By Golly Mexican Potato Soup

The base is canned potato soup. The result is doctored canned potato soup!

I use three cans plus three 3/4 cans of milk...can of soup, milk, mix well, repeat with next two cans and milk.

Grate about about half pound or so of pepper jack cheese and add it to soup/milk mixture.

Dice a couple of cups of ham. Add that.

To save frying onions, I use about a TBSP of dehydrated onion. Add that, along with a little (or a lot) of garlic powder if you like garlic.

About a cup of frozen whole kernel corn. Yup. Add that, too.

A small can of diced green chilies. Or jalapeños, depending on how spicy you want your soup.

Mix the whole works well. Simmer, covered, until heated through, stirring now and then so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot.

If you don't have any ham, then just skip the ham. It's still good soup.

In the unlikely event there's any left over, believe me when I say that it gets hotter the next day. How much hotter? Um. Sinus-clearing hotter.

Note that measurements are precise ;) Yeah. I cook using the seat-of-the-pants method. A pinch of this, a handful of that, as much as looks right.

If you want a little color, add a small jar of diced pimento. If you want a whole bunch of color, throw in a half a can of Rotel tomatoes and green chilies.

Good with cornbread or garlic toast.

Ah...yanno, just use your imagination, but it's seriously good just the way I make it.

It's my favorite thing for supper when we get our first cold spell, and it's only gonna be about 60-65 and rainy on Friday.
Wow! Thanks! It sounds delicious! Unfortunately, I'm allergic to some of the ingredients. But it really does sound good!

Thelma had her final ankle therapy session this morning. I think it has help quite a bit.. Then off to get groceries and stock up on items we will need. Most of the stores are closing early because of the hurricane that’s coming.
Got anything picked up outside that could blow away. In our area they are saying winds 50-60 mph and 12 or more inches of rain.
This monster storm with produce many tornado. That’s my biggest fear.
Please, Pappy and Mrs. Pappy…..hold on tight.

Besides playing with our kitty, I managed to make two of my daily prayers before sunrise, gave myself a manicure and prepare two pill cases while talking with my son. I also talked with my BFF and had a long conversation with my honorary son (HS). The two of them are on the west coast of Florida. HS is in Tampa, now expected to experience a direct hit of what may be a cat 4 hurricane. I also finished watching 9-1-1 and Jurassic World: Dominion.
I hope HS and friend will be safe! 🙏 🙏 🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back