What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@hawkdon I'm with @hollydolly and others. Go! Gramma has spoken.

Guess what kids? According to the alarm on my phone, I don't have to get out of bed for two days. Well...close to two days. It's not gonna sing in my ear until Wednesday morning. As if that matters. Maggiecat will purr in my ear no matter what day it is.

I got home and sat in the sun for a while with a mug of iced coffee and listened to beautiful music on my HD radio. Our classical station has three frequencies...one for local news and items of interest, one for classical music 24 hours/day, and one for mostly BBC but other international stations, as well.

Then I made a leisurely trek around the garden, hose in hand, admired the flowers, pulled a few weeds and watered everybody thoroughly.

For those of you in the hurricane's path, take special care. We're only supposed to get a lot of rain and much cooler temps up here. Mexican potato soup is on the menu for Friday, which is supposed to be the worst day.

Time for a piece of chocolate and a nap.
Help me out here, I've never heard of Mexican Potato Soup.🤔

Hello Maggiecat!

@Trila et al about the soup: The name of this recipe is By Guess and By Golly Mexican Potato Soup

The base is canned potato soup. The result is doctored canned potato soup!

I use three cans plus three 3/4 cans of milk...can of soup, milk, mix well, repeat with next two cans and milk.

Grate about about half pound or so of pepper jack cheese and add it to soup/milk mixture.

Dice a couple of cups of ham. Add that.

To save frying onions, I use about a TBSP of dehydrated onion. Add that, along with a little (or a lot) of garlic powder if you like garlic.

About a cup of frozen whole kernel corn. Yup. Add that, too.

A small can of diced green chilies. Or jalapeños, depending on how spicy you want your soup.

Mix the whole works well. Simmer, covered, until heated through, stirring now and then so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot.

If you don't have any ham, then just skip the ham. It's still good soup.

In the unlikely event there's any left over, believe me when I say that it gets hotter the next day. How much hotter? Um. Sinus-clearing hotter.

Note that measurements are precise ;) Yeah. I cook using the seat-of-the-pants method. A pinch of this, a handful of that, as much as looks right.

If you want a little color, add a small jar of diced pimento. If you want a whole bunch of color, throw in a half a can of Rotel tomatoes and green chilies.

Good with cornbread or garlic toast.

Ah...yanno, just use your imagination, but it's seriously good just the way I make it.

It's my favorite thing for supper when we get our first cold spell, and it's only gonna be about 60-65 and rainy on Friday.

Last edited:
@HoneyNut On Thursdays I bake three loaves of Challah and they're gone almost before they're cool enough to package. Saturday I baked four more loaves thinking they'd get snapped up for Rosh Hashana. Nope. Not even one sold. Hm. Whaddaya suppose that was all about?

@Trila et al about the soup: The name of this recipe is By Guess and By Golly Mexican Potato Soup

The base is canned potato soup. The result is doctored canned potato soup!

I use three cans plus three 3/4 cans of milk...can of soup, milk, mix well, repeat with next two cans and milk.

Grate about about half pound or so of pepper jack cheese and add it to soup/milk mixture.

Dice a couple of cups of ham. Add that.

To save frying onions, I use about a TBSP of dehydrated onion. Add that, along with a little (or a lot) of garlic powder if you like garlic.

About a cup of frozen whole kernel corn. Yup. Add that, too.

A small can of diced green chilies. Or jalapeños, depending on how spicy you want your soup.

Mix the whole works well. Simmer, covered, until heated through, stirring now and then so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot.

If you don't have any ham, then just skip the ham. It's still good soup.

In the unlikely event there's any left over, believe me when I say that it gets hotter the next day. How much hotter? Um. Sinus-clearing hotter.

Note that measurements are precise ;) Yeah. I cook using the seat-of-the-pants method. A pinch of this, a handful of that, as much as looks right.

If you want a little color, add a small jar of diced pimento. If you want a whole bunch of color, throw in a half a can of Rotel tomatoes and green chilies.

Good with cornbread or garlic toast.

Ah...yanno, just use your imagination, but it's seriously good just the way I make it.

It's my favorite thing for supper when we get our first cold spell, and it's only gonna be about 60-65 and rainy on Friday.
Thanks!! This will go into rotation. I will use fresh potatos, milk and cream, This is will be just the thing this winter. Thanks for sharing!!

Believe it or not, today has been the first day since late May that has been cool enough for me to go back to the trails by our lake to walk. It was 86 degrees today but felt like 83 degrees, with only 18% humidity. There was not a cloud in the sky.

I used to walk every day before our months of unbearable heat. It was so nice to be outside again. And this was the first time I walked with my AirPods and listened to music. It was therapeutic. It's the little things!

wowzah, what a long evening...just now home from e.r. it is
1030 pm local....they did a ct scan with contrast on belly etc,
found a spot on the bladder I think, and figure some infections
in lymph nodes I think, got to go to urologists this week and
then my m.d. also...will see what happens after that...no meds
or anything...they were damn sure busy in that e.r., so there it
is.....thanks gang......!!!:D

wowzah, what a long evening...just now home from e.r. it is
1030 pm local....they did a ct scan with contrast on belly etc,
found a spot on the bladder I think, and figure some infections
in lymph nodes I think, got to go to urologists this week and
then my m.d. also...will see what happens after that...no meds
or anything...they were damn sure busy in that e.r., so there it
is.....thanks gang......!!!:D
I hope they have taken care of the pain until you get to the urologist!!

Besides playing with our kitty, I managed to make two of my daily prayers before sunrise, gave myself a manicure and prepare two pill cases while talking with my son. I also talked with my BFF and had a long conversation with my honorary son (HS). The two of them are on the west coast of Florida. HS is in Tampa, now expected to experience a direct hit of what may be a cat 4 hurricane. I also finished watching 9-1-1 and Jurassic World: Dominion.

And this was the first time I walked with my AirPods and listened to music.
Don’t you worry about missing hearing someone on a bike or scooter or running coming up too fast behind you? I got wiped out by a kid on a bike a few years ago and I didn’t have AirPods in. I had no chance to move. I know they‘re at fault; it just doesn’t help when you’re lying on the ground.

This afternoon I'll be heading over to the Settle/Carlise Railway at Horton-in-Ribbledale to hopefully photograph one of my favourite Steam locos. BR Standard 7 No70000 Britannia :)

Dear me! I didn't get up until 5:45. If I hadn't rolled outta bed, Maggiecat likely would have chewed my ear for her breakfast🙀

It's too soon to decide what, besides laundry, I'll do today.

@hawkdon Yay. Now you'll find out what all is ailing you and it will be addressed. It's not good to feel poorly.

@Purwell Good luck with the biopsy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back