What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A $280 throw pillow. A $960 lamp. Oh. Em. Gee. What more can I say?

I only have to get through today! And the rain has been taken out of the forecast for today and tomorrow. When 4 am rolls around tomorrow, how much you wanna bet I'll be wide awake even though I won't have to go to work?

@hollydolly I couldn't believe my ears this morning when I heard that the dollar and the pound are thisclose to parity. Whoa!

A $280 throw pillow. A $960 lamp. Oh. Em. Gee. What more can I say?

I only have to get through today! And the rain has been taken out of the forecast for today and tomorrow. When 4 am rolls around tomorrow, how much you wanna bet I'll be wide awake even though I won't have to go to work?

@hollydolly I couldn't believe my ears this morning when I heard that the dollar and the pound are thisclose to parity. Whoa!
I know, we're in complete financial Doo-doo.. over here :confused:

Today we're having two 8x6' sheds moved across the back garden. For some bizare reason the previous owners had them across the back of the house blocking the view from the house to the garden lol.

Other than that we have likkle Grandson here today so once the sheds are moved it's off to the park for some fun 😁

I better start bringing in all the hanging plants and decorations we have outside. Looks like the hurricane will have some impact on us. We can expect lots of rain and very gusty winds. Thelma needs to pick up some groceries later.
Batten down those hatches Pappy, I'm sure no-one needs to tell you that. Hopefully you'll get away with no damage ...

Very high winds here today as well, but fortunately no hurricane

I am supposed to be going for my Covid shot today.. but I'm not feeling too great so I'll have to leave it for another day..

On my early walk at 6:30 didn't go far, walked 2 times back/forth on our driveway, temp was 56
This morning I have dr's appt at 9am,seeing the orhtopedic surgeon's PA who I saw in May. He gave me a cortisone shot {my 1st ever} which worked wonders on my partial right knee which was swollen,couldn't walk far
Afterwards, walking 3 blocks to my church,have a meeting with my minister
Whenever I get home, call Canopy of Neighbors members which I've been doing from home for almost 3 yrs,rest of my day read NYT,my book, doubt I can go for afternoon walk rain in the forecast

The biopsies came back positive so I'm having more skin cancer taken off this morning at 8:30......one on the top of my right shoulder and the other behind my left ear.

Had a place taken off a few months back on my upper lip that had gone unnoticed because of my mustache in the cleft under my nose......shots anywhere aren't a lot of fun but in the upper lip they are a real bugger.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.......get a routine head to toe checkup by your dermatologist at least once a year if not every six months.

Hello everyone! I have my tablet back!
emoticon

It has been a very busy weekend, so I am not up to date with current posts.

Right now, I'm getting ready to head out the door....Dio is taking me out for breakfast. I'm hoping to come back later, to visit. Happy Monday!

Last edited:
The biopsies came back positive so I'm having more skin cancer taken off this morning at 8:30......one on the top of my right shoulder and the other behind my left ear.

Had a place taken off a few months back on my upper lip that had gone unnoticed because of my mustache in the cleft under my nose......shots anywhere aren't a lot of fun but in the upper lip they are a real bugger.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.......get a routine head to toe checkup by your dermatologist at least once a year if not every six months.
awww...Ike, sorry to hear you're having to go through this.. wishing you as painless a procedure as is possible..

I’m in a mood.
Have had a cold creeping up since Thursday, Saturday, it’s found it way to bronchitis, which always happens with me.
Need to pick up dog food…..I should have done it Friday, but I thought I would feel better today….nope.
I will go to the drug store and get my usual stuff, when I have this…..I hate going out and spreading germs.

I could call my foster daughter to pick up the stuff……nope……I would have to go pick her up……so, defeats the purpose, just get stuff myself……because their vehicle has been down since early August, with a blown tire…..she said they have a tire, but don’t have the money to have it put on……..seriously…….but have money for all sorts of things like weed, booze and junk……the kids are fine, they have everything they need…….so she calls on people to give them rides.
She’s 30, he’s 37……time to learn and join the adult world.
They’ve been in town for 5 years…..have gone through many vehicles……been without many times.
They do not know how to budget.

Saturday she messaged me to get a ride to another town……but, sorry, I laid down and fell asleep……got back to her, but she didn’t reply back……that’s another reason I don’t message her for help, she doesn’t reply back a good part of the time…..for her usual reasons.

So I’ll get what I need today, and be a couch potato.

I hate going to the doctor when I’m sick. 🙄🙃😒😏🤧😷🤒🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back