What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wet ,cool morning in N .W. PA.

Another tinnitus sufferer here,,,mine is a constant Hiss.
Tell folks I have a slow leak on the air pressure in my head,,,, (air head).

Haha ...
I had that hissing while reading your post.
I wonder sometimes about the thumps and rackety noise that I feel.
Do you think sumthin is knockin to get out too....Laugh good.gif
It's a mystery:unsure:

They say it's the next most stressful thing to a death in the family.. so just take your time, you're going to be there for a long time, so no need to knock your pipe out getting things unloaded.. just relax and take it easy... (y)
"knock your pipe out"?? a phrase i'm not familiar with. Please educate me!

I watched some wild birds, out my window, today. :D🐦

I am very glad that they are nearby and that I am able to see them. Loved especially the presence of the bright red cardinal, this afternoon. And a red-belly woodpecker, who made a brief appearance.

The goldfinches are losing their bright yellow-gold look, but they will stay local here in the North, for the entire winter, without that bright summer hue of theirs. It's how they go incognito. 😎 They are rather sneaky by nature. 🤩😉😄🥰

I have been texting, phoning and messaging for a couple of hours. My high school class had their 50th class reunion Friday and Saturday. I did not go... as I can't seem to tolerate long trips any longer for health reasons.

Anyways, my BFF and I were busy saving pictures that were taken. Then another friend that doesn't do FB asked that I send her the photos. There are over 100 photos! :eek: I finally told her that I had stuff to do and cook. I didn't recognize half of my classmates. Last reunion I attended was in '97.

Other than that, I haven't done much today.

Talked to my sister Lucy; she said the girls were at a birthday party. Lil Lily wore bracelets and necklaces galore. Hope she doesn't lose the ones I've sent her.

Last edited:
I watched some wild birds, out my window, today. :D🐦

I am very glad that they are nearby and that I am able to see them. Loved especially the presence of the bright red cardinal, this afternoon. And a red-belly woodpecker, who made a brief appearance.

The goldfinches are losing their bright yellow-gold look, but they will stay local here in the North, for the entire winter, without that bright summer hue of theirs. It's how they go incognito. 😎 They are rather sneaky by nature. 🤩😉😄🥰
Funny that you should mention, 'birds'. Hubby wants a bird. :rolleyes::rolleyes:o_O

Prices are ridiculous! I've been looking for an extra comfy chair for the living room but am not going to pay all that $$$$.
@hollydolly and @PamfromTx I made the trip to a furnishing "warehouse" in a nearby town to check on what kind of things they have (in the past, they have had a lovely selection of upholstery material and I have found things there I couldn't get anywhere else; unique and high quality things.)

WELL! They've gone in for a lot more high-end furnishings --all very nice and good quality but Lord have mercy, the prices they wanted! $1500.00 for a chair; 75-100.00 for one throw pillow!

I think not =(

@hollydolly and @PamfromTx I made the trip to a furnishing "warehouse" in a nearby town to check on what kind of things they have (in the past, they have had a lovely selection of upholstery material and I have found things there I couldn't get anywhere else; unique and high quality things.)

WELL! They've gone in for a lot more high-end furnishings --all very nice and good quality but Lord have mercy, the prices they wanted! $1500.00 for a chair; 75-100.00 for one throw pillow!

I think not =(
I hear ya.... unreal. So, I keep looking and have yet to find anything reasonably priced.

I think not =(
yep, I believe you... you won't believe it when I tell you I saw a throw cushion for £280 ... :oops::oops:

Online shopping. Have you all noticed the price of deodorant is sky high. I must admit I have not bought any in awhile. I had bought a large stock up supply on sale over a year ago. I also bought a multipack of dove bar soap.
It has gone way up as well. Yes I know I am crazy! I tend to buy personal items when I find a good deal/sale since I have storage room.

Not to leave the pups out, also ordered dog food.

@PamfromTx, any time I go to the mall I do a walk through in Macys furniture. I have purchased a lot of furniture over the years when it goes on clearance. Couches, chairs, recliners and the best mattress ever!! It is a good place to keep an eye out for a good deal.

Online shopping. Have you all noticed the price of deodorant is sky high. I must admit I have not bought any in awhile. I had bought a large stock up supply on sale over a year ago. I also bought a multipack of dove bar soap.
It has gone way up as well. Yes I know I am crazy! I tend to buy personal items when I find a good deal/sale since I have storage room.

@PamfromTx, any time I go to the mall I do a walk through in Macys furniture. I have purchased a lot of furniture over the years when it goes on clearance. Couches, chairs, recliners and the best mattress ever!! It is a good place to keep an eye out for a good deal.
We were disappointed years ago after purchasing a chair. The chair just lost all of its' springs and support.

I have deodorant galore as my hubby goes nuts buying at Sam's. We also finally stocked up on toilet paper. 😬

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back