What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a tremendous amount of work for my age and the total cost of the move was around $2,000 Canadian. I always believed in that old phrase, "No pain, no gain." This morning I emptied 8 boxes. Only 29 left. WOW!
They say it's the next most stressful thing to a death in the family.. so just take your time, you're going to be there for a long time, so no need to knock your pipe out getting things unloaded.. just relax and take it easy... (y)

Last edited:
So today to finish my earlier post about White Noise Machine...well...I did get one. The local stores are all on line orders only so guess what.... I went to our local non profit Value Village Thrift Shop and voila...there it was sitting on the shelf just
waiting for me at the grand price of $3.99 plus tax.
It looks brand new, plays different sounds and I have found three already which I rather like.
I did relax nicely for 30 minutes with one called Ocean Wave.

Now when I got home I went on line to check it out.
It is a HoMedics Sound Spa and the price is $32.99...so did I get a bargain or what!!!
It can be set for up to an hour and goes off automatically but I plan to leave on all night.
Also got a lovely new soup ladle exactly like my old one which is the worse for wear for $1.99
So all in all I was quite pleased with my visit there.

Oh I did get some groceries and don't ask me how much I spent for one bag of food stuff. I was too annoyed....grrr
but my little machine did soothe me.

Bye for now👋

Got my Baby Blue Sherpa Fleece out tonight.. bought it last year I think, certainly many months ago .. so it's never been out of the box.. but now altho' it's warm upstairs, it's starting now to feel chilly downstairs.. so I decided to get the new fleece out and drape it over the back of the big sofa.. The price of our Electricity and gas for heating has risen exponentially this year , so it's prudent to use anything other than the central heating when I'm downstairs watching tv

41e0riaYB-L._AC_.jpg

So today to finish my earlier post about White Noise Machine...well...I did get one. The local stores are all on line orders only so guess what.... I went to our local non profit Value Village Thrift Shop and voila...there it was sitting on the shelf just
waiting for me at the grand price of $3.99 plus tax.
It looks brand new, plays different sounds and I have found three already which I rather like.
I did relax nicely for 30 minutes with one called Ocean Wave.

Now when I got home I went on line to check it out.
It is a HoMedics Sound Spa and the price is $32.99...so did I get a bargain or what!!!
It can be set for up to an hour and goes off automatically but I plan to leave on all night.
Also got a lovely new soup ladle exactly like my old one which is the worse for wear for $1.99
So all in all I was quite pleased with my visit there.

Oh I did get some groceries and don't ask me how much I spent for one bag of food stuff. I was too annoyed....grrr
but my little machine did soothe me.

Bye for now👋
Let us know if helps with your tinnitus, I have it too and it drives me crazy. I would settle for a whistle or whine. I hear music and conversations. Very low so you cn't make out the song or words. You say yours scares you, is it something like that?

@Mizmo
I am glad you posted again, to tell us about the sound machine you got. I was going to ask you if you found one that's a good match for you.
I like the white noise one I have, which is a marpac brand, and I also frequently play an ocean waves recording.

@katlupe, years ago I had found that light for fleas very helpful, when a friend's coat brought them to my kitty and my home. I also did the frequent combing, and I wonder if you could use a tea tree shampoo, on a rabbit? The fleas hate that smell, while my cat found it relaxing. I hope you can get rid of them.

Last edited:
I arrived last night to the Maryland northern suburbs of Washington DC. If I'd managed to leave Boston at 9 AM like I meant (and tried so hard!!!) to do, I would have arrived before dark, but I left an hour late so I had to finish the last part of the drive in the dark.

But mostly the drive went okay, I am so happy about having learned to use google maps to tell me where to go, I cannot imagine how I'd ever have gotten through New York City without it. Also, I was terrified of bridges and tunnels, but they were not at all hard -- on the bridges I was way too busy surviving traffic to pay any attention to how high up I got, and the lighting in the tunnels is much different than it was three decades ago. When I was a young driver the tunnel lights freaked me out because they kept coming by me rapidly one at a time, but I guess now they use a zillion LED light bulbs because there was no weird hypnotic pulsing effect, it felt more similar to being in a well lit underground parking lot.

The scariest part of the drive was when the sun was setting and blinded me so that I couldn't see the lane markings or the cars in front of me. Luckily it was only for a few seconds each time, but probably took a couple years off my lifespan from the fright.

Maybe my body was full of adrenaline from the drive but I was a very grouchy person about my hotel room. Up until now I've tried to enjoy the challenge of adapting and solving the various issues at the hotels I've stayed at, but that attitude was missing last night when I discovered that this hotel doesn't provide any dresser drawers. All the other locations have had dressers that I could put my clothes away in, and I'm afraid I was a bit pissy with the poor innocent desk clerk. Later I asked one of the other people staying here what he does, and I could see from his response that he has a solution that made him forget it had ever been a problem but that when thinking about my question he remembered that it was a problem in the beginning. That helped me feel validated and more optimistic about solving the problem. He solved it by using the shelves in the bathroom closet area, but I'm not tall enough to use the upper shelf (except for big lightweight items like a toilet paper package or spare tissues) and the lower half-shelf is already used by my bathroom things (makeup I haven't used at all on my trip, etc etc). But I found a hanging canvas six mini-shelves storage thing for $7 at Walmart today, and hung it from the upper bathroom closet shelf, so I will survive the lack of a dresser (might need to buy a second one later this fall when I unpack winter clothes).

My hotel room has the worst view of any place I've stayed, but since my cat apparently loves watching the 7-eleven/gas station that is next door (but below us because we are on a hill side), I will resign myself (the hotel has offered a couple times already to let me change to a different room - I've been a very complain-y guest - but I think the adrenaline that was making me grouchy is wearing off now).

I admire you so much!! Out there taking on adventures that I could never do. I have no sense of direction so I would have to have a gps system that told me what to do. I can't see at night and would not even take that chance in a new place. I can get around in my small area at night.

I have learned I can go out for lunch or dinner alone but don't do it often these days. I can go to the movies alone but the cost if stupid high now.
I was with my husband for so long, he did all the driving, made me feel safe when we traveled. I would not like to be in a strange place without a safety net. Now, I realize that family could be there quickly if it was something serious.

I was proud of myself when we had to travel for cancer clinical trials. I learned my way around the town, grocery stores, restaurants, medical centers. When we are pushed outside of our comfort zone we find that we can do many things we thought we could not!! Now, I feel confident enough that I could travel but I have 3 dogs. If a family member could take them for a few days, I would go, not far, just a quick plane ride to favorite places.

@HoneyNut Mark me down as another admirer of you for taking on the challenge of seeing the USA in your Chevrolet, or whatever you drive. Most of us would have just said we’d do it later and it would never happen.

It probably wouldn’t hurt to see whatever other room the hotel is offering.

@Mizmo
I am glad you posted again, to tell us about the sound machine you got. I was going to ask you if you found one that's a good match for you.
I like the white noise one I have, which is a marpac brand, and I also frequently play an ocean waves recording.

@katlupe, years ago I had found that light for fleas very helpful, when a friend's coat brought them to my kitty and me. I also did the frequent combing, and I wonder if you could use a tea tree shampoo, on a rabbit? The fleas hate that smell, while my cat found it relaxing. I hope you can get rid of them.
Rabbits cannot be bathed at all. It can kill them. Any kind of essential oil is not recommended for them. Their systems are so fragile. I often wonder why God made them that way. My combs should be here tomorrow so I am going to try the wet combing him. He seems to like me combing him now as long as I don't pick him up. He is not a cuddler.....

Glad to hear your medical procedure is over and you are back home.

Gracious good morning, boys and girls, and hugs and good thoughts for all who need them.

It's gonna rain today. Yippee.

After today, just one more day before getting a much-needed day off. More Yippee.

And now I'm off to bake and bake and bake and package and package and package and price and price and price!

Let us know if helps with your tinnitus, I have it too and it drives me crazy. I would settle for a whistle or whine. I hear music and conversations. Very low so you cn't make out the song or words. You say yours scares you, is it something like that?
Well had the noise machine on all night and while it is relaxing it is not doing anything to scramble the noises in general coming from apt above . It was the usual disturbed night which I get if I don't take sleep aid.

The tinnitus noise is still there though in reading about it apparently that takes time for your hearing to adjust to the new sound.
My symptoms are the usual ringing and sometime I think I have a thousand birds whistling in my head but one that bothers me most lately is the thumping and cracking sounds which go right through my head. The ringing and high frequency sounds I can set aside but the others are bothersome. Anyway I shall keep trying with the sound machine at night and perhaps during day.
Just glad I got it at bargain price. Time will tell.

Church this AM... after a year and a half of working Weekends and getting to church only sporadically (and then sitting in the Narthex so that if the work phone goes off I won't disturb anyone), it is a treat to be able to dress up and sit through the whole Mass in 'big church.' =D

Beautiful weather here... I feel some scones and tea are in the plans for this afternoon, hopefully out under the tulip poplar tree in my front yard

I'm home. Just one more day of work before a day off. And when I go back on Wednesday I won't have to work alone. Woohoo and stuff!

Sunday is a busy busy busy day in the bakery because on Saturday night we get a truck from our main warehouse in Louisville with a pallet, sometimes two pallets, and everything we've ordered is on those pallets. Except the truck didn't leave anything for us last night. Nothing! All we can think is that our order(s) went to the wrong store.

No croissants, no cookies, no Kaiser rolls. Nothing at all. Zip. Zilch. Zed. Zero. Nada.

We don't get another truck until Tuesday night:oops::rolleyes:

The deli manager scrounged around in the big store freezer and found a wayward box of mini croissants. I baked 20 dozen and put out 10 dozen. The table was stocked at 11am. When I left at noon all 10 dozen were gone. Tuff. I held back the other 10 dozen so we'll have some to put out in the morning.

After much wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth, I figured WTH, nothing I could do about it so I set about doing and baking all sorts of things that there isn't usually time to do.

Now I'm home and resting my Self. My Self needs it. I'm gonna spend the afternoon playing solitaire on the laptop and watching trash TV.

It's downright chilly in here. It's also downright chilly outside...66F is chilly in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back