What are you wearing today? just a fun thread.

Was that photo taken today? It's about 11C in London so, not as warm as in your part of the country. Lucky you :)
First thing this morning the sun shone and I thought that we were in for a glorious day. About half nine though, a few drops of rain fell then the rain just got worse and worse. It's been persisting down most of the day.

There's @horseless carriage in all his sartorial splendor.
Sartorial splendour? I'm loving that. Tomorrow it's a collar and tie day.

As always when the weather is cool, I’m wearing jeans. Today I have on a speckled grey and white t-shirt with a white & grey striped shirt. The saying that you get what you pay for didn’t apply this time. I bought that Faded Glory (a Walmart brand) many years ago for less than $10. It still looks like new.

The saying that you get what you pay for didn’t apply this time. I bought that Faded Glory (a Walmart brand) many years ago for less than $10. It still looks like new
I know exactly what you mean about Faded Glory... I have had some things that lasted forever, too... good brand. If you didn't know, Faded Glory brand was replaced by "Time & Tru" for women's clothing and "George" for men about 5 years ago or so... quality is still very good. @Jules

Me? Merino wool long-sleeve, zip high-collar undershirt, flannel long-sleeve cotton shirt over that. Merino long-johns on the bottom, with clean Carhart cotton-duck multi-pocket work pants (beige, stylish) over that. Darn Tough socks. (House rules, no shoes indoors... so I'm wearing slippers.
As always when the weather is cool, I’m wearing jeans. Today I have on a speckled grey and white t-shirt with a white & grey striped shirt. The saying that you get what you pay for didn’t apply this time. I bought that Faded Glory (a Walmart brand) many years ago for less than $10. It still looks like new.
Driving back home from Kelowna last Saturday, through a "middle of nowhere" stretch, there are a lot of pine forests along the highway, some of them burned over by wildfires in recent summers. In one clearing (drive in, parking lot, notice board) there's a little thrift shop, and we knew they manage to collect a lot of things from an extensive but thinly populated area. For the most part it's knick-knacks, old paperback romance or crime novels, very common kitchen tools of a poorer quality, etc. But DW has a keen eye, and spotted a tied bundle of fabric, about the size of an old-fashioned bread box.

She asked the till-minder what it was, and the reply was flannel sheets. How much? $10.
Pawing at it a bit, the sheets' fabric looked good. So we paid the $10. When we fully unfolded the bundle at home, it turned out to be fitted double-bed size sheets, in perfect condition... L.L. Bean brand.

Online, the Canadian price was $200!

Back