What are your favorite........Cliches, Expressions, Adages, Mottos, Quotes, Proverbs, Idioms...

Been There

I don't know about that one. I have had few true enemies, but people who seemed like they might become one I always quickly distanced myself from. All are long gone from my life.
My Grandparents used to watch a comedian on TV every week. His name was Red Skelton. I was about 5 years old when I remember seeing him first. At the close of every show, he would say, “I don’t hate my enemies because I made them.” I asked Gramps what did that mean. He told me that someday I would understand.

We all have at least one enemy, we just may not know it. A person can be your enemy only because he or she is jealous of you. Maybe you got a new car, or a promotion or you have more friends. The simplest of things can make an enemy. If you ever served in a war, you had plenty of enemies. Each one wanted to kill you.

Paco Dennis

Hellooooooow December
As I've heard that expression often around here, I thought it was a local thing.
What occurred to me: it really is, because what people think of someone often affects the way they treat the person.
I think @Tish said her grandmother told her this. Great advice. We have enough "trouble" of our own, no need to GUESS what others think of us.

That's a good one for sure!!
Sort of off topic but.......Wayne's Father Walter Gretzky used to sign autographs with " W . Gretzky " so every kid he met ( and he met thousands of people every year ) could say they had a Gretzky autograph. Walter Gretzky died last year, and his funeral in their home town of Brantford Ontario was attended by dozens of past and current NHL players. Walter was known in Canada as "Canada's Hockey Dad ", for his untiring efforts to promote and encourage our national sport. Wayne learned to skate on the back yard rink that his Dad built in their back yard in Brantford. Walter was a lineman for Bell Canada for most of his working life. A nice friendly guy, who loved hockey. JimB.

Paco Dennis

Hellooooooow December

spectratg

Hmmmm... I'm a bit confused with your post. The counseling and dial a friend..was me having a bit of humor. My hubby is aware that he suppress his emotions. It's neither right or wrong..it's just part of him.
Hi Ladybj. My post was in response to the thread of "favorite expressions." It had nothing to do with you post which immediately preceded mine. :)