What do you believe spiritually or non-spiritually? Why do you believe this way?

Mr. Ed

Life does not deserve my gratitude.
Lack of proof, although raised in church setting. Dad, a preacher didn’t bother to share his belief with the family and 3 sons.
Tried hard to make christianity work the way I thought it impacted other people, I question the impact as superficial in most people.
Seems to me faith is an overactive imagination, how do you prove something that is felt and expressed by emotion?
The fact believe by faith does not confirm the existence of god or Jesus outside of one’s imagination.
Sin is not a condition, people do bad things. the Bible uses sin as a means for morale judgement and threats of punishment for disobiedience.
To my knowledge, I have not experienced heaven or heaven so I do not know if either one exists.
Studying the Bible does not provide with the answers I seek, therefore in my eyes; useless.
God and the devil may or may not exist, I have not been introduced to either one.

I no longer know what I believe except that my beliefs are now subject to personal experiences. The more negative the experiences the less apt I incline towards deism. I do believe there are beings out there like angels, demons and ghosts and spirits but I don't have any real understanding of this. It's just something that is there at times.

I'm still foolish enough to believe we are spiritual beings. Not an avid church member anymore though. My faith became diluted whenever I attended. Not a magical thinker either. God has taken care of me throughout my life and I am grateful. That's how the relationship goes. The rest is about living in a fallen world where every living thing struggles and suffers one way or another.

One thing for sure. We are all going to cross over. THEN we will either know something else exists or we loose our sense of being alive. That is the truth. No story is going to make the transition different. The stories are so very subjective they belong in an institution that represents their story. Anyone can listen to the stories and accept or reject them. When the gangs start forming is when the trouble is brewing.

roHZbCe.jpeg

When struck by lightening and experiencing near death, I met my higher power. He did not tell me His name. The most important lesson I was given is that we have choices.

I can not choose your beliefs for you and on "judgement day" you will not be judged by my actions and deeds ... or choices. Those are facts. My belief is ... there is something more on the other side of the light.

When struck by lightening and experiencing near death, I met my higher power. He did not tell me His name. The most important lesson I was given is that we have choices.

I can not choose your beliefs for you and on "judgement day" you will not be judged by my actions and deeds ... or choices. Those are facts. My belief is ... there is something more on the other side of the light.
How do you know "judgement day" is a fact? What is true for some, is not true for others.

Back