What do you do on a rainy day?

hypochondriac said:
...I think once we talk about rewards for doing good, it changes the motivation. Ideally we do good for good sake. (sorry but I digress) ..no very sorry to go offcourse here. I love rainy days by the way, as long as it is not too stormy and windy.
I hear what you're saying but "Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth" is stating a fact that the "reward" is a Result of being humble ("meek" from Greek Literature of the period means humble not loud and braggadocios). It's not a Motivation to do good for selfish gain. If that was the intention then there would be a disconnect in truly knowing God. He knows who is seeking Him first in all things.

Yes, sorry to digress...how did we get here lol? I love rainy days too ☺☔

Last edited:
My area gets an average of 36 rainy days a year. Our rainy season runs November-March, so most rain falls during our cooler months. When the drops fall I enjoy watching it through the windows, walking outside if it's not cold, and generally immersing myself in the experience. Thunder and lightning is even rarer, perhaps 2-3 thunderstorms in a good year. I enjoy those thoroughly!

Thunderstorms and rain aren't foreign entities to me; I grew up in the northeast US where it rained or snowed roughly 1/3 of the time. I don't exactly miss them - it's more that I greatly appreciate the occasional change of pace when they show up.

To be clear, I don't miss driving in wet weather, having to schedule "rain dates" for outdoor events, dealing with black ice, snow shoveling, or wondering what the weather will be three days hence.

I love my Southern California weather!

Back