What do you do on a rainy day?

Are we supposed to be "doing something" every day? I think I retired to not do something every day. I do stuff as the spirit moves me and if it's raining I just adjust my plans.

I honestly hope that I never reach the point of having to be "doing something' just to make my day complete. I didn't feel that way in my 60's and feel it even less in my mid-eighties.

Like swimming in the ocean - -you can swim against the waves, swim with them, or just float. The choice is yours.

On a rainy day (when I don't go out)... -- I might sort through all my photos on my computer and make new files or add to my eternal Hard-drive!

I may file paperwork and or, spend some time shredding ( one of the jobs I hate)

I may take the curtains down and wash and dry them .. and rehang!

I may sort through all my postcard collection (albums)

I may browse on Amazon or any other shopping website... I may sell something on Ebay!!

I may read on my kindle , Ipad or hardback... .. or play games on my computer

I may catch up with recorded TV shows...

Last edited:
I guess my favorite is Italian Wedding. But I like to make Beef Barley and just made Ginger Parsnip last week.

Do you like to make soup too Lc jones?
Yes I do, right now my two favorites are chicken enchilada and creamy chicken and wild rice. I love the health benefits of soup, so many vitamins😋

Are we supposed to be "doing something" every day? I think I retired to not do something every day. I do stuff as the spirit moves me and if it's raining I just adjust my plans.

I honestly hope that I never reach the point of having to be "doing something' just to make my day complete. I didn't feel that way in my 60's and feel it even less in my mid-eighties.

Like swimming in the ocean - -you can swim against the waves, swim with them, or just float. The choice is yours.

I agree but it’s hard to get adjusted to that mindset after working so many years.

If its not raining hard,I'll try to take my 3 daily walks to get some fresh air&exercise. It drives me crazy if I can't go outside,the day drags for me
When stuck inside,I'll do some shredding or read a book. To get some exercise, I'll walk up/down stairs to 1st floor which I do every day to get out of my apt building.My apt is on the 3rd floor

I'm on the 3rd floor in my apartment building also. ... I usually take the elevator down, but do occasionally make the effort to take the stairs for the added exercise. I should do it more!

If it's a light rain, I will take my dog for walks in the rain. I really enjoy doing that. A nice breeze and a light rain in the summer feel so good.

Spend more time at the gym, read (often going to library), listen to music on the PC, run some errands, and TV. If I really get ambitious, I do some cleaning.:eek: Basically, it's the same way I spend time in the winter.

If its not raining hard,I'll try to take my 3 daily walks to get some fresh air&exercise. It drives me crazy if I can't go outside,the day drags for me
When stuck inside,I'll do some shredding or read a book. To get some exercise, I'll walk up/down stairs to 1st floor which I do every day to get out of my apt building.My apt is on the 3rd floor
I'm fortunate in that having a biggish garden I'm in and out all day every day....even if it's only to walk to the barn!! often when I have to exercise my knee, I'll just walk several times around the garden

Yes I do, right now my two favorites are chicken enchilada and creamy chicken and wild rice. I love the health benefits of soup, so many vitamins😋
Those sound good. Whenever you get the time, would you send me the general info on these?
Here's a pic of one of mine... a little too much soup mac in this bowl.

wqSh-H1mlRA8Ga5bWhnipDN6jgQgnVFJbUZpLQ8h8JejuXZszSl_9JSWP6J0bEN-D3OO2Nu2Y-gb3poIYlOCMjEkwATHXZGD7Khj6wmn4960o-bAIdldcDo4T1BMoYDHfloUT1oZ38rpqf0_65PTV0B6XJXvO4to4Ax2usfJHPEneW437McSI4F1mJLzVNRzmqFXErC2TiqlgK9Erq4PDlKtYpcF6tK36nrFhV5fy6r318U73GeibxA2rLt7Z5EiMeY-OhWAB5LFKDN0D1ZeRiEUALmqBV2Ilk8LLBIkOe9a7noQNJ52A4Ha1R8KiIMObQXmfw9vQU3ztkpNtaUW8p23mYbenOPLCr9sOqI6s-aPz7hxoBshRF76N4HAAfu-AhESuynw4CbpP8kCklUsDI1ovSleRJSJC72YGPLrte4_R7GvYJ6NbhSIaGGUlMemO8rNMRBBY2FKP5oVvaax8ZN1X4dd51LiUqVDO2LG8t74IkEPMb8yMcOxdL1DqvUKdn36kOq6SPMQ9wk2yV3rsK3cfm-osaN4jM_HTMia70J-HUMx6YlOvzX_1HSJ5SqjUMwotK1Z_T3EdUopyj7odadJrI8INd70Dl9BQ99DVSLhFGWL1gVG_ecqkVBU8dOUbuu3IkgPHs8mFqlXdtqydYhcsyAjUyo=w340-h604-no

Those sound good. Whenever you get the time, would you send me the general info on these?
Here's a pic of one of mine... a little too much soup mac in this bowl.

wqSh-H1mlRA8Ga5bWhnipDN6jgQgnVFJbUZpLQ8h8JejuXZszSl_9JSWP6J0bEN-D3OO2Nu2Y-gb3poIYlOCMjEkwATHXZGD7Khj6wmn4960o-bAIdldcDo4T1BMoYDHfloUT1oZ38rpqf0_65PTV0B6XJXvO4to4Ax2usfJHPEneW437McSI4F1mJLzVNRzmqFXErC2TiqlgK9Erq4PDlKtYpcF6tK36nrFhV5fy6r318U73GeibxA2rLt7Z5EiMeY-OhWAB5LFKDN0D1ZeRiEUALmqBV2Ilk8LLBIkOe9a7noQNJ52A4Ha1R8KiIMObQXmfw9vQU3ztkpNtaUW8p23mYbenOPLCr9sOqI6s-aPz7hxoBshRF76N4HAAfu-AhESuynw4CbpP8kCklUsDI1ovSleRJSJC72YGPLrte4_R7GvYJ6NbhSIaGGUlMemO8rNMRBBY2FKP5oVvaax8ZN1X4dd51LiUqVDO2LG8t74IkEPMb8yMcOxdL1DqvUKdn36kOq6SPMQ9wk2yV3rsK3cfm-osaN4jM_HTMia70J-HUMx6YlOvzX_1HSJ5SqjUMwotK1Z_T3EdUopyj7odadJrI8INd70Dl9BQ99DVSLhFGWL1gVG_ecqkVBU8dOUbuu3IkgPHs8mFqlXdtqydYhcsyAjUyo=w340-h604-no
I couldn’t see the picture of your soup essentially For the Enchilada soup grab two chicken breast/ boneless cook them up in a frying pan dice them Add one large can of Enchilada sauce, a half a container/jar of salsa, 1 can of rotel tomatoes with green Chile’s, 2 cans of drained Black beans one diced onion two cans of chicken broth and one can of canned drained corn mix all together and cook in a crockpot. Very tasty

I couldn’t see the picture of your soup essentially For the Enchilada soup grab two chicken breast/ boneless cook them up in a frying pan dice them Add one large can of Enchilada sauce, a half a container/jar of salsa, 1 can of rotel tomatoes with green Chile’s, 2 cans of drained Black beans one diced onion two cans of chicken broth and one can of canned drained corn mix all together and cook in a crockpot. Very tasty
Creamy chicken and wild rice soup recipe: two breasts of chicken cooked in a frying pan and diced add one large can of cream of chicken soup one small can of cream of celery soup one box of Rice-A-Roni wild rice with the flavor packet one diced onion and two cans of chicken broth. I’ll double check my recipe and make sure that’s all the ingredients I have this feeling I’m forgetting something

Creamy chicken and wild rice soup recipe: two breasts of chicken cooked in a frying pan and diced add one large can of cream of chicken soup one small can of cream of celery soup one box of Rice-A-Roni wild rice with the flavor packet one diced onion and two cans of chicken broth. I’ll double check my recipe and make sure that’s all the ingredients I have this feeling I’m forgetting something
I just remembered what I forgot dice up three carrots and throw them in the pot toO

So many great ideas I really like to cook so I’m gonna start getting into that a little bit more I think I’m going to start specializing in pies I really love them and I’ve been having a hard time finding restaurants that have really good pies, I’m going to send out a thread asking what peoples favorite pies are

My mouth started watering and I am on my way for dinner!!

My mouth started watering and I am on my way for dinner!!
You bet! This is my husband’s favorite soup! I make it at least once a month we top it with sour cream shredded cheddar cheese and some tortilla chips yum 😋

If it's a major downpour, I open all the doors and windows to the Sunroom and the dogs and I just cuddle up and watch motionless in wide-eyed wonder, in a total trance. Just like we do in front of the fireplace in fall & winter.

When it slows down, I turn on my small UE2 wireless Bluetooth speaker and listen to my playlist favorites on Napster, dance around to get that old blood flowing, catch up with family texts, check SF, pull out my sketch pad, pastels, pen & ink and record inspirations I've had, perhaps for a future painting.

This excellent explanation will help with some clarity, @hypochondriac
https://www.gotquestions.org/blessed-are-the-meek.html
covers the meaning of meek but doesn't talk about 'inheriting the earth' part, though I may haver missed it. I think once we talk about rewards for doing good, it changes the motivation. Ideally we do good for good sake. (sorry but I digress) ..no very sorry to go offcourse here. I love rainy days by the way, as long as it is not too stormy and windy.

Back