What do you eat for breakfast?

Sausage and eggs, bacon and eggs, homemade sausage gravey
on biscuits, sometimes raisin bran crunch......

I swit
I've kind of developed a "3-some" with regard to breakfast. One morning its a big bowl of raisin bran/with a strip of bacon, then the next day 2 eggs/with bacon, then the 3rd day a waffle with a strip of bacon....I do like bacon.
I switch off and on different breakfasts also. Mostly healthy stuff though, or I gain weight.

I have old fashioned oats, soaked in water overnight and cooked that morning. I have the oaks with Blackberries/black raspberries.Or, a cereal known as gape nuts with wild cherries. No Dairy in either.

Depends on the weather this morning I had a blueberry /half a frozen banana and a spoon of plain yoghurt / spoon of chia seeds smoothie . I love my very old NutriBullet that’s great for munching up seeds / as well as the frozen banana / blueberries to make it nice and thick

I never eat toast as I try to stay clear of to many carbs ,some mornings I’ll have Just right a high protein cereal with sliced banana or what other preserved of fresh fruit I have.

I like oats but I don’t like them uncooked/ cold from the fridge

Last edited:
This morning I had the last of the vegetable soup I'd made a few days ago. Added more veggies and broth plus punched it up with tortellini and tofu to turn it into a heartier meal.
I have gone off my diet and am enjoying a Jimmy Dean cheese, egg, and sausage biscuit for 8 meals then I will go back to the overnight healthy oatmeal jars. I like to warm them up in the morning and they are delish!!!!

I have gone off my diet and am enjoying a Jimmy Dean cheese, egg, and sausage biscuit for 8 meals then I will go back to the overnight healthy oatmeal jars. I like to warm them up in the morning and they are delish!!!!
Could you enlighten this ignorant Swindonian - what is Jimmy Dean Cheese and sausage biscuit? and @StarSong vegetable soup in the morning- that would be a challenge for me :giggle: 🤗

I had breakfast soup again this morning, but a whole different type.

I boil low-sodium miso paste and some spicy red pepper seasoning paste with half a package of ramen for three minutes. Add green onion, zucchini, bok choy, baby napa cabbage, shredded green & purple cabbage, snap peas, a handful of spinach and baby kale power greens, boil for two more minutes, add some soft tofu and cook one more minute. That's it!
So good!

I had breakfast soup again this morning, but a whole different type.

I boil low-sodium miso paste and some spicy red pepper seasoning paste with half a package of ramen for three minutes. Add green onion, zucchini, bok choy, baby napa cabbage, shredded green & purple cabbage, snap peas, a handful of spinach and baby kale power greens, boil for two more minutes, add some soft tofu and cook one more minute. That's it!
So good!
Love the recipe @StarSong - will use 'cos like all the ingredients- but don't think I could handle it for breakfast. We're all made different ;);)🤗

Could you enlighten this ignorant Swindonian - what is Jimmy Dean Cheese and sausage biscuit? and @StarSong vegetable soup in the morning- that would be a challenge for me :giggle: 🤗
Treacle, I should probably mention that I get up around 5:00 am most mornings, drink several cups of coffee while visiting SF and other sites, then eat breakfast around 9:00 am.

I eat somewhat unconventionally. My salads nearly always have fruit, olives, tofu, beans and other good stuff in them, ditto my stir fries. Oatmeal is loaded with fruit - and my own serving starts with 3/4 cup of rolled oats and 1-1/2 cups of water. All of these are breakfast meals for me. It's by far my biggest meal of the day.

For lunch I might have very thinly spread PB or hummus and kalamata olives on a few rice cakes or crackers. Dinner is usually some mixed nuts or pistachios and a very small bowl of applesauce with a couple of tablespoons of vegan ice cream.

I'm doing some work on my mother in laws house, arrived yesterday and stayed the night. This morning she served Pepper Jelly. I had never heard of such a thing. But it was delish! It is made from peppers out of the garden, has a slight amount of heat to it, but very good. I hope to be awarded a jar of this goodness before I go home!

Please, may I ask why?
[/QUOT I regard soup as a 'dinner or lunch thing' but it might be that my taste buds in the morning are for eggs
/bacon/sausage or avocado and/ or conditioning- my grandmother would see this as lunch/dinner never breakfast. But interesting 'cos have done smoothies with spinach and have no problem. Could it simply be the conditioning of what we are used to? My diet has changed over the years. Just a thought

It is a biscuit with sausage, egg, and cheese. A Jimmy Dean product I bought at Wal Mart with 8 biscuits in the box for about $8. You can buy a cheaper brand for less and get the same, just about. Never heard of them?

Back