What do you use WD-40 for?

I use it on my two gas lawn mowers, when the blade nut gets tight. I recently used it on a pipe wrench that wasn't working very freely. I use it for a lot of things. For labels and stickers, I use GooGone....works very well.

Use it on my lathe, scroll saw, bandsaw, squeaky rocking lazyboy chair, door hinges, removing seized nuts ( the spray type or liquid wrench) bicycle chain or sewing machine oil. Anything movable that’s rusted up

I always have a can on hand. I use it for anything squeaky or rusted. I take labels off of jars that I want to keep. I use it on my can opener once in awhile which makes it easier to open items. Works great on garden tools and I give them a good spray before I put them away for the winter. I even like the smell of it.

My security gate has a magnetic lock. The plate gets rusty & I use it to keep it clean. I also use it on the gate hinges & the sliding mechanism in the winter, when it squeaks.
I also spray it into padlocks when they get hard to open.

I use WD40 for many of the "routine" lubrication uses, but the Best use I've found for it is to use as a wasp repellant. We have vinyl shutters on all our windows, and the wasps love to crawl behind them to build nests. So, every Spring, I go around the windows, and stick the WD40 wand under the shutters and give them a good spray....seems to work quite well.

WD40_TinMan_Dorothy.jpg

wonder if it works on knees !!!!!!
"This popular headline (claiming that WD-40 is beneficial for arthritis) is completely FALSE. WD-40 Company does not recommend the use of WD-40 for medical purposes and knows no reason why WD-40 would be effective for arthritis pain relief. WD-40 contains petroleum distillates and should be handled with the same precautions for any product containing this type of material."

Back