What Does "Ignore" Mean?

I certainly wouldn't be offended if someone ignored me. I realize that some of my views and the way I express them are offensive or problematic for some people.

For myself if someone repeatedly posts replies that I find add nothing to a conversation and are just negative I'd consider ignoring them. I have only found one such person on this forum and have ignored that poster.

I know that on some posts I've gotten a message that someone I've ignored has posted or replied to a thread I'm watching or I think quoted one of my posts and I've been given the option to see their post. It's been a while since that's happened so I'm not sure exactly how it was worded.

True but that gives you the opportunity to smile knowing you are the better person by not responding in kind. No response usually frustrates the ignorant other poster.
Usually it boils down to me simply not wanting to hear what certain people say. I feel like some spoil it for others. I wish life came with an ignore button but that wouldn't be helpful.

Back