What Does "Ignore" Mean?

I ignore people who are disrespectful because I don't want anything to do with them; they're assholes. I don't care what they have to say or what their opinions are. Since we have the ability to "ignore" them programmatically, why not? It's more "childish" to bicker with them.
I agree. I have a couple of people on ignore who always want to call names when they disagree with someone. At our age, name calling is so childish.

I never use Ignore, and can't imagine doing so. But this is just out of curiosity: If you put someone on Ignore, what happens to all the quotes from them that appear in other people's posts?
You can still read what someone you have on ignore writes. It says you have this person on ignore and something about do you want to see the info, can’t remember exact.y how it’s put. So you can look at the quote, but the person is still on ignore when you leave the thread. You have options.

Oh, it says ”show ignore content”

maybe buckeye wants to know so they're not bothering with wasting their time posting to someone whose not ever going to respond. i can understand that.

True, except maybe their responses are not meant for the person who has them on ignore, or not only for that person, anyway. They may want to discuss something in the person's note as a topic in itself, not to argue with that person.

I disagree. It's often the WAY they disagree that can be offensive.
Finally! Somebody who truly understands. When people disagree civilly, both parties can learn something from each other that they would not if they already thought alike on a given point. However, to disagree in a caustic manner only serves to shut down any possibility of being able to learn from a different perspective.

Tony

I have two people on ignore. You can guess who you are!

tg/ - Traditional Games

I think to ignore is to shut down the possibility to get a point of view that you might not have considered. Even a nasty response has some value or at least it does for me.

Back