What does your shoe wardrobe consist of?

I have one pair of duck boots (they are not boots though, that is what they are called) that I wear in bad weather. They are really old and need to be replaced. I have several pairs of sandals that I bought online and have never broke them in. I have a pair of moccasins that I can't wear because they make me hot. Need to donate those to the clothing bank. I have one pair of sandals bought for less than ten bucks at Walmart two years ago and that is what I wear when I leave my apartment. In my apartment I wear slippers but not allowed to wear them in the public areas of the building. I have an old pair of Talbots for winter when I go somewhere. They need to be replaced also.

Mine are almost all Naturalizer shoes .. dressy wedge sandals in 3 different colours, lower high heels, 2 pr. boots, slip-on casuals, couple of pair of Nikes, and a few more summer shoes.
Years ago, when I wore heels, I would only wear Naturalizers. They were not only attractive, but the most comfortable heels made in my opinion.

I have several pairs of sneakers but only wear one because they are most comfortable; I have about 4 pairs of sandals but only one of them (new and stretchy) is comfortable anymore due to feet swelling some; I have 2 pairs of winter boots and only wear one due to comfort-ability; two pairs of regular shoes---never have worn one one pair because I don't like the design on them and the other is for dressing up, which I rarely do.

I have a pair of winter boots,4 pairs of New Balance walking shoes,usually buy new ones every 6 months from all the walking I do. I have a pair of Sketcher sandals I bought at Kohl's last summer,found in my size,very comfortable

I hate buying clothes, including shoes, but the sneakers I'd been wearing were long past their life-expectancy :ROFLMAO: so I recently bought a new pair of sneakers and decided to also try a pair of surf shoes.
I also have black platform loafers somewhere in the closet, and lace-up black shoes I bought around 3 years ago that are still in the box.

Most of the year it’s too hot here for shoes....I do own two pairs of flat sandals for when I go out. I have trekking sandals for hiking and travel, and a pair of runners for when it’s cool enough to wear them. Three pairs of sneakers, also for when it’s cool. A pair of ankle boots in black suede. A pair of knee high black leather boots from a thrift store - last year it never got cool enough to wear them 😢

Most of the year it’s too hot here for shoes....I do own two pairs of flat sandals for when I go out. I have trekking sandals for hiking and travel, and a pair of runners for when it’s cool enough to wear them. Three pairs of sneakers, also for when it’s cool. A pair of ankle boots in black suede. A pair of knee high black leather boots from a thrift store - last year it never got cool enough to wear them 😢
Where do you live, Patros? By the way, Welcome to the forum!

For me - it's bare [foot] as much as possible. I think natural is healthier.
I agree, Gardy. Except for that time I walked into the tall grass and stepped on a nail sticking up from a piece of wood. I thought a snake bit me but my brother in law went through the weeds and found the nail. With my blood on it.

Did I learn anything? No. I still hate shoes.

Last edited:
In the summer I wear Clarks sandals. Get a new pair every year. I have dressier sandals for dressier occasions, but we are generally very casual. In the winter, I wear Sketchers. Usually sneakers. Like I said, casual.

This topic caused me to go to my shoe closet and look! Well, I have two pair of runner like shoes, two pair
of summer sandals, two pair of dress pumps, low heals, wow that is not many, I am not generally a big shoe
keeper. For winter and other seasons I have about the same I think, so totals maybe 18 pairs of shoes in some
sort of variety. Now ask me about purses? I have far less....

My feet are so messed up with bunions and hammertoes that I wear Sketchers and/or house slippers almost exclusively. I won't wear sandals since my feet are so ugly. Always hated flip-flops with that thingy between your toes. I have a pair or two of leather flat shoes I wore when I was still working that I can stand to wear for a couple of hours if I have to attend a function that requires dress up.

IMG-2109.jpg
2 pairs of my many sandals

IMG-2109.jpg
2 pairs of my many sandals
I love those! 💕

I’ve struggled with plantar fasciitis since 2013, so if choose to wear a pair of shoes doesn’t have decent arch support and I wear them for too long, I’ll get a painful flare-up.

All of my daily-wear shoes, including several pairs of flip flops, have appropriate arch support, so no cheap discount store shoes for me unfortunately. 🙁 The brands Reef and Sanuk sell arch support flip flops, and I primarily wear those. I wear flips and sandals almost exclusively in the summer, and none of them are inexpensive because you most always have to pay a premium for the orthotics support.

I do have a few pair of shoes that don’t have the orthotic support that I will wear out, to dinner or visiting with another couple, going to the movies etc. (all before COVID of course...now we don’t go anywhere!) The shoes might be on my feet for a couple of hours, but most of that time is spent sitting down and so they don’t bother me.

Back