What does your typical day of meals look like?

Ronni

The motormouth ;)
My meals are boringly routine during the work week because I take food to work with me every day and I don’t want to take time figuring stuff out in the morning.

I take a 20oz container of water which I usually fill once and a lunch tote consisting of a piece of fruit and a low-fat Greek yogurt (that’s breakfast) a string cheese (mid morning snack) a small portion of what we had for dinner the night before plus a large serving of vegetables or salad with sugar free jello for dessert (lunch) and a couple of pieces of turkey lunch meat rolled with a slice of Swiss cheese (mid afternoon snack.

Dinner is whatever. If it’s a meat protein with lots of veggies, I’ll eat a small portion of meat and load up on veggies,sometimes adding a chopped salad. If it’s pasta I’ll substitute sporalized zucchini or squash, if rice or mashed potatoes I’ll substitute mashed or minced cauliflower. Ron eats full fat everything. He’s healthy, but lean and struggles to maintain weight...damn him! 😡😂

I indulge after dinner 😉 with a dessert of a couple or Oreo thins, vanilla wafers or ginger snaps, sometimes a graham cracker.

Ron and I will usually sit on the porch and have a glass or wine or long island iced tea (me) and jack and coke (him)

As long as I don’t vary that regimen much, that averages about 1350 calories a day, just a little less than maintenance for a slow weight loss to lost the extra 5 pounds I’m currently carrying around.

Weekends Ron will usually make brunch (he makes THE BEST omelettes!) and that will hold us till dinner. One of the weekend nights we’ll either go out or cook at home without regard for calories. 🎉👍

I once drank 2 of those. I couldn't walk. :LOL:
. 😂😂😂

They pack more of a punch than a glass of wine, that’s for sure!!

I have a high alcohol tolerance. I also make my drink in a short glass rather than an iced tea glass. I go easy on the ice 😉 but even so it takes several before I start feeling it all that much.

Same breakfast for the past 40 years. 2 eggs,and a cup of coffee. No toast. Holds me until 12 noon. Lunch is anything floating around in the refrigerator that I can't make a main meal out of for dinner. Dinner is around 5pm. I make a lot of casseroles, we also have a soup night, pasta night and a fish night. Sometimes even a breakfast night. An occasional trip to IHop ,the hubby has pancakes and I have an omelet. Usually I don't repeat anything for two weeks. I'll freeze leftovers for a really quick meal and we don't get tired of something 2 days in a row. 8PM is snack time which is usually ice cream.

I don't like to have the same thing for breakfast,it varies each morning
I'll have a small bowl of multi grain cheerios with 2% milk,or english muffin with peanut butter or Nutella with glass of OJ.In winter,on a cold day,I'll have a bowl of Cream Of Wheat with a drop or 2 of VT Maple Syrup,hits the spot
When I'm home for lunch ,always have sandwich on multi grain bread, along with a couple of petite carrots,trail mix, with small glass of V8- low sodium,try to have some fruit at lunch
Since I don't cook,my dinner is usually frozen Lean Cuisine,Smart Ones always with a salad,desert is either fruit,yogurt or pudding with couple of cookies

I don't cook much anymore.

Lately, I've been buying a rotisserie chicken, a package of low carb wraps, a dozen eggs, a couple bags of frozen microwavable vegetables, a bag of salad, celery & carrot sticks, and a bag of apples or cuties to form the basis of my meals Monday through Thursday. Friday is usually some type of fish, Saturday is a slice of pizza or Buffalo chicken wings, Sunday is a wildcard or cleanup day and then it starts all over again. When I get bored I add a can of tuna, sardines, a cheeseburger, a can of soup, deli meat, a frozen entree, etc... but usually, it's the boring basic plan.

Snacks are unsalted mixed nuts, a piece of fruit, diet soda and lo-carb snack bars or prepared lo-carb shakes if I crave something sweet.

It's usually eggs & vegetables with a piece of fruit for breakfast, salad with chicken or a chicken wrap with raw vegetables for lunch or dinner and a couple of snacks to fill the cracks.

I start with 2 cups of half caffeine coffee while hubby and I visit then after my swim breakfast usually will be bran flakes with banana and1% milk once a week I’ll deviate and we’ll go out for pancakes or I’ll cook them at home, I try not to eat between meals so I’ll eat lunch around 12 and it’s usually either green salad with a quarter cup of chicken or some homemade soup, chicken enchilada is my favorite. Dinner is senior time at 4 or 5 and it could be anything, tonight we had meatloaf yesterday we ate out and had schnitzel. I’ve busted my calorie bank so tomorrow will be very low cal with a vigorous swim in the morning.

Breakfast , maybe cereal, or a bagel with peanut butter , or couple'a eggs ,maybe sausage with them. Milk, always coffee. On the days it is eggs, I may have 4-5 cookies for a breakfast desert.

Don't eat lunch. When I worked, it was the other way around, I had no breakfast, but did eat a sensible lunch.

Supper, Don't really do "meals" anymore , just not into cooking now'a days. So deli turkey, ham, crackers, Microwave a bag of veggies, who knows? I do however like to buy a package of chicken, cook it stove top with peppers & onions & seasoning. I eat one piece that night hot. But then I have usually 3 other pieces I can eat cold, later that week, or warm it if I choose.

I try not to snack, but do have a Crown on ice 2-3 nights.

A typical day for me is, porridge or bran flakes with mixed seeds/ginger and cold milk for breakfast, a few pieces of fruit throughout the day and salad or fresh veg with either chicken or salmon for dinner but this varies two or three times a week

It's usually eggs & vegetables with a piece of fruit for breakfast, salad with chicken or a chicken wrap with raw vegetables for lunch or dinner and a couple of snacks to fill the cracks.

@Aunt Bea this first sentence really intrigued me. I can’t imagine eating eggs with vegetables!! Do you mind me asking how are the eggs cooked and what vegetables?

@Aunt Bea this first sentence really intrigued me. I can’t imagine eating eggs with vegetables!! Do you mind me asking how are the eggs cooked and what vegetables?
Usually, it's whatever is leftover from dinner the night before.

Things like broccoli, onions, spinach, peppers, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, zucchini, mushrooms, cooked cabbage & carrots.

Sometimes I have the vegetables on the side with fried eggs or combine the vegetables to make a sort of hash or scramble them into the eggs for a sort of jumbot.

Usually, it's whatever is leftover from dinner the night before.

Things like broccoli, onions, spinach, peppers, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, zucchini, mushrooms, cooked cabbage & carrots.

Sometimes I have the vegetables on the side with fried eggs or combine the vegetables to make a sort of hash or scramble them into the eggs for a sort of jumbot.
Ooooh ok. That last part sounds like Refrigerator Omelets .... that’s what I call the omelets Ron makes us sometimes on the w/e for brunch. 😉 He takes all the leftover meat and veggies in the fridge and chops them up fine and puts them in an omelet then garnishes them with cheese before serving. They are so tasty!

Have you never had Spanish tortilla , Ronni?

Eggs, potatoes, peppers, onions, any veg you like basically... :) we have it often. Here in the Uk, bubble & squeak is a favoured breakfast dish, which is fried left over veggies (mainly green veg but you can add what you like)..and sometimes chopped bacon goes in too...

Breakfast is usually a scramble of lightly sauteed onions, zucchini, spinach, tomatoes, bell peppers, mushrooms and crumbled tofu. Delish!

Lunch is typically a salad with a large mixture of the assorted greens in my fridge, plus cucumber, carrots, tomato, berries, some cut up fruit, a small amount of cold pasta or IKEA veggie meatballs, some ground flax seeds, maybe a 1/4 cup of walnuts or pepitas, and whatever else looks interesting.

Dinner can be a bowl of popcorn or a few rice cakes with peanut butter on them (no jelly), or a big bowl of steamed veggies topped with some hummus, maybe another salad. And sometimes it's a bowl of non-dairy ice cream! ;)

While DH and I eat together, for several years we've mostly made our own meals. Simple stuff, as you see above. Our freezer and fridge are always well-stocked with produce and we shop at least twice a week to replenish the fresh stash.

Back