What habits do you have that annoy other people?

Lc jones

I am a total neat freak and go around picking up other peoples messes as soon as they make them. That drives some people crazy! I have a habit of right after supper going right into the kitchen to clean up the kitchen when other people would like to sit and visit for a while that’s another thing that gets on peoples nerves in my family because they prefer to sit and talk rather then clean up stuff.

I remember things about old friends and their families that they, themselves, have long forgotten. When I bring them up, it really freaks them out. I've learned to hold off on doing so.

I remember things about old friends and their families that they, themselves, have long forgotten. When I bring them up, it really freaks them out. I've learned to hold off on doing so.
I’m like that too I have an incredibly good long-term memory, but if you asked me what I ate for lunch yesterday forget it!

Safe driving. It really annoys speeders who are behind me who want to go 20-30 mph over the speed limit. They'll tailgate & even honk at me while I'm waiting for a pedestrian to cross in front of my car.

I tend to ritualize or make things in my life part of a routine.

If we have coffee on Sunday then I tend to think that means every Sunday without fail or if I usually call on Wednesday at 8:00 to catch up on the news that means every Wednesday at 8:00.

It may be due to the fact that I don't have much going on in my life or it may be because I tend to be hyper dependable/punctual.

I try to avoid annoying people by leaving them alone and letting them approach me when they want to talk or do things together. That tends to become another problem/annoyance with some people, the idea that I'm cold or I just can't be bothered, etc...

I'm just not good at casual relationships.

Turning off the sound when the tv ads come on. My husband liked to sit through them, no matter how many times they were repeated. I don't see the point. I used to rage at him for making comments all the way through a programme. We're divorced...totally incompatible!

Two-cheese sandwich, vegan smoked gouda and provolone, lettuce, onion, tomato, mandarin orange ginger dressing, on toasted spelt bread, and a watered-down Guinness extra stout.
[
I’m glad somebody still has a good short term memory!

Oh boy. How many words are we allowed per thread?

It’s gotta be finger drumming on things. My hands and feet are always moving even when sitting still. A habit picked up from my drumming and marching days of old. Drives the wife bananas. :oops:

I know what you mean I’m looking at all these threads and I’m going yeah I do that, yeah I do that yeah I do that, oh boy 😆

The one thing (and I have a lot more) that annoys my family the most is my asking them to call me when they arrive or leave a place. For instance if my daughter is coming over I ask her to call me when she is leaving her house. Then when she is leaving my house to go home I ask her to call me when she gets there.I do the same when my Husband goes out and even my son. So they tell me I'm a nut case.I think they may be right,but I can't help myself.

Oh where to start....lol

Stubborn. It’s an understatement with me
Meticulously pick apart everything in order to understand it better
A grammar Nazi with my poor husband 🤭
Far too much energy for most people’s likkng
Far too emotionally for most people
Quickly change topics or add topics to discussions to the point where most can’t keep up
Socially challenged ? 🤡
Ultra sensitive to energy changes
Can’t do average or common chit chat..... too pretentious for me
Drift off while others are trying to converse with me 😬
Obsessive Compulsive paired with PTSD tendencies
Walk too fast
Too animated for most
Too passionate for most
Too complicated and mellow dramatic at times
Too aware of my surroundings .... hyper aware

I’m just generally annoying but I’m generally ok with it 🥳

The one thing (and I have a lot more) that annoys my family the most is my asking them to call me when they arrive or leave a place. For instance if my daughter is coming over I ask her to call me when she is leaving her house. Then when she is leaving my house to go home I ask her to call me when she gets there.I do the same when my Husband goes out and even my son. So they tell me I'm a nut case.I think they may be right,but I can't help myself.

I do the exact same thing when Lorie goes out in the truck... It's not you are a nut case, it's cuz we worry bout our loved ones...

What do I do that annoys people...
Smoke cigarettes...
Curse a little too much at times...
Get upset on the roads when people don't merge properly and don't wave thank you when you let them out from somewhere or hold a door for them... so I always yell out a BIG you are welcome
Leave my tools laying around...
And my computer desk is always messy

...But I always thought I was perfect... Just not in everyone else's eyes... (grin)

Back