What have you bought recently?

I order my 50 lb bag of dog food and 3 cases of canned food from Walmart's Warehouse. They will bring it right in the door for me and then I can have my nephew load it into the utility room. Also absolutely love ordering groceries for pick up from Walmart. Daddy Elf enjoys going with me to pick them up.

I/We bought a scented candle. Frosted Woodland Pine, sounds expensive, but it was 50% off plus we had a Kohl's cash buck for $10. so it was free. We looked at Yankee Candles, nuff sed.

New underwear that I bought from JCP online 2 weeks ago and just received an e-mail that I should receive them on 10/31. That will be 3 weeks to get my underwear and they wonder why they’re going under.
giphy.gif

A small sound machine,
to try to block out annoying sounds that disturb sleep, with a hopefully less annoying and less random sound.
Do you have tinnitus Kaila ?

Now I got a different small sound machine, :D
to try to block out annoying sounds that disturb sleep, with a hopefully less annoying and less random sound. :rolleyes:;)

The first one, the sounds it made had very nice pleasant names, such as "stream" and "ocean" and "rain"
(which all sounded the same, by the way ...i think they just used the same faucet to make them :LOL: )

However, the sounds were NOT pleasant. They were tinny and annoying and irritating, which I tried to tell myself would help me, but they didn't even drown out the other original annoying sounds. :unsure::cautious:

I tried the "white noise" option, on it, and it sounded like static from long gone radio and tv's, with some pulsing. Eek.

So i got it returned and got one with fewer options, and no wonderful words on it, and so far, it seems to be actually helpful. The tone is better.

Thank you for asking me, Hollydolly, and no, not tinnitus. I have extreme sound sensitivity, which is very difficult even during the daytime, :confused: and it's worse, at night, when needing sleep, and far off truck traffic and airplanes, sound very close, and even wake me from sound sleep, and feel disturbing enough to prevent me from getting to sleep. :cautious: Closer noises, I will not even try to describe how they effect me.

But so far, this 2nd one seems to help some.

Now I got a different small sound machine, :D
to try to block out annoying sounds that disturb sleep, with a hopefully less annoying and less random sound. :rolleyes:;)

The first one, the sounds it made had very nice pleasant names, such as "stream" and "ocean" and "rain"
(which all sounded the same, by the way ...i think they just used the same faucet to make them :LOL: )

However, the sounds were NOT pleasant. They were tinny and annoying and irritating, which I tried to tell myself would help me, but they didn't even drown out the other original annoying sounds. :unsure::cautious:

I tried the "white noise" option, on it, and it sounded like static from long gone radio and tv's, with some pulsing. Eek.

So i got it returned and got one with fewer options, and no wonderful words on it, and so far, it seems to be actually helpful. The tone is better.

Thank you for asking me, Hollydolly, and no, not tinnitus. I have extreme sound sensitivity, which is very difficult even during the daytime, :confused: and it's worse, at night, when needing sleep, and far off truck traffic and airplanes, sound very close, and even wake me from sound sleep, and feel disturbing enough to prevent me from getting to sleep. :cautious: Closer noises, I will not even try to describe how they effect me.

But so far, this 2nd one seems to help some.
@Kaila, look up "sleep sounds" on YouTube. They have a variety. Many are 10 hours long; some less than that. Good luck!

I hope you have better luck than I've had. I bought my first wireless printer about 3 years ago. A friend got it for me, with coupons and discounts, it was only $30. Full price was around $60 as I recall. It is a Canon MG3500.

In all the years I've been monkeying with computers, printers seem to be the most trouble-prone part of it, but this wireless Canon is on a level all by itself. I've vowed to smash it about ten times already, but haven't yet.

When it's working, it works great and prints nice images. But from time to time it loses the wifi signal and it's ridiculous trying to get it tied in again. I've spent at least 2 hours monkeying with it lately, but no go.
Yeah, that "wireless" thing makes me chuckle. When my mouse died a few weeks ago, I went to "Office Depot" to get a new one. I saw wireless mouses for the first time. The young salesman got a good laugh when I asked him how it works. There is a little thing you plug into the back of the computer (where the mouse plug would normally go). That somehow operates the pointer. And there are 2 batteries in the mouse

Yeah, that "wireless" thing makes me chuckle. When my mouse died a few weeks ago, I went to "Office Depot" to get a new one. I saw wireless mouses for the first time. The young salesman got a good laugh when I asked him how it works. There is a little thing you plug into the back of the computer (where the mouse plug would normally go). That somehow operates the pointer. And there are 2 batteries in the mouse

The only reason I got a wireless printer is cuz I'm using it with a laptop. I do have a wireless mouse for the laptop and although it does work okay, I never use it anymore.

I try to avoid having things that run on batteries when they're not necessary. I have a desktop in my shop with a wired printer and wired mouse -- they both work great and I don't have to worry about batteries, wifi signals, etc.

Really cool 3 pronged gro light to hopefully keep this big potted bell pepper plant bearing this winter. Its got lots of peppers on it! Never tried it before.

I would really love to know if that works out well, to keep the pepper plant thriving. 🌱

Let us know, someplace on the forum, please!
Is there a thread topic for Plants and gardens, perhaps in the Hobbies section?🤔

I bought my wife a Mikimoto black pearl pendant necklace that she has been admiring for several months. Finding something that she really likes is a rarity, so this will make a nice Christmas present.
Of course, I already gave it to her since I seem to be unable to postpone my own joy over giving her something like that. She really, really likes it.

That would surely have been too difficult to wait, @Pecos :D

You could give her a nice photo of the necklace, or one of her wearing it, at the Holiday itself. :LOL:

I would really love to know if that works out well, to keep the pepper plant thriving. 🌱

Let us know, someplace on the forum, please!
Is there a thread topic for Plants and gardens, perhaps in the Hobbies section?🤔
This is the one I got from Amazon...so far so good. There are 3 different lights with 3 different features and a timer for 3, 6 or 12 hours. Its neat looking at night, too.

I'll keep you posted on Hobbies in a couple months. Got flowers now on some of the stems so should be able to tell if they begin to fruit out, at well as quite a few peppers in various stages from small to ripe green to going red ripe green...gonna pick one for tonight's dinner inclusion.

Back